Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The soonest Tesla Clarkston MI can get me in for delivery is 6/7. I guess I’ve waited this long. What’s a few more days…

Bank overnighted the check today. They should let me have the pennies in interest for those days or give me some mud flaps.

Got my vin on 5/30 after not having EDD for a month. Things moved pretty quickly after that. Now I just need to hurry up and wait.

The soonest Tesla Clarkston MI can get me in for delivery is 6/7. I guess I’ve waited this long. What’s a few more days…

Bank overnighted the check today. They should let me have the pennies in interest for those days or give me some mud flaps.

Got my vin on 5/30 after not having EDD for a month. Things moved pretty quickly after that. Now I just need to hurry up and wait.
When did you order?

I ordered 5/15 from Grand Rapids, Mi. My estimated delivery seems like it’s been operated by ppl who are playing Rock Paper Scissors and just picking a random thing to post on there to keep me sucked in.

In a similar situation. I opted to ‘pay in full’ but figured that covered 3rd party financing? Does it not? I’ll be using USAA but haven’t started the loan application process given the timing issues with deliveries. I ordered on 5/23. USAA loan would expire in 45 days - doubt I’m getting the car within that window, right?
Dont do the loan paperwork until you have a vin and a definite date. That is what Tesla has been telling me.

Dont do the loan paperwork until you have a vin and a definite date. That is what Tesla has been telling me.
I wish someone had told me that from Tesla. I submitted an application when I first made the order thinking this might accelerate the delivery. Sadly, the period where credit agencies lump hard hits into a single one has elapsed a while ago. So I'll have to re-apply again whenever my VIN is assigned. Of course, if I decide to go with Tesla financing, I believe their approval has a 60-day expiration but I could be wrong. In any case, good advice for people with similar plans.

Reactions: hamzah1024
I called the KC service center today, and my SA told me it'll be at least until June 11th until I get a VIN. Which matches my EDD of June 16- June 30th.

By the way I ordered on April 6th with the basic white/black 19inch with FSD.

No one can explain why I got push so far back. But apparently "you're not the only one"

Reactions: Greg007
I wish someone had told me that from Tesla. I submitted an application when I first made the order thinking this might accelerate the delivery. Sadly, the period where credit agencies lump hard hits into a single one has elapsed a while ago. So I'll have to re-apply again whenever my VIN is assigned. Of course, if I decide to go with Tesla financing, I believe their approval has a 60-day expiration but I could be wrong. In any case, good advice for people with similar plans.
They told me not to apply until VIN was assigned. I’m surprised SAs don’t give the same information to all clients.

Reactions: Emmadiane
Off topic question. If the new EV credit bill eventually passes, the cut-off date is 5/24/21. I ordered MY on 4/2, currently on hold, will probably take delivery in July or August. Would I still be qualified for the new EV credit? Does it look at order date or the deliver date?

• Helpful
Reactions: GOVA
Off topic question. If the new EV credit bill eventually passes, the cut-off date is 5/24/21. I ordered MY on 4/2, currently on hold, will probably take delivery in July or August. Would I still be qualified for the new EV credit? Does it look at order date or the deliver date?
Virtually everything looks at purchase date, which is delivery date. No one (outside of Tesla... and even then do they?) really cares when you ordered the car.

Reactions: casey1202 and GOVA