Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahh ok. I ordered a 7 seater that I’m confident will come this month but that was on 4/11. Hope your wait is short!
Thanks, we'll see!

Just got the blue button now, and assigned a VIN: 202***

My EDD changed as well from 3-13 weeks this past Saturday to June 12-June 30 earlier this morning to now, June 16-June 22
Looks like you got a 7 seater and ordered after I did. Maybe I should have ordered the induction wheels!

Ordered 4/9/21 delivered 5/31/21 in Mt Kisco VIN 187,XXX. Here are some general impressions.
  • Delivery took 30-40 minutes. No trade in. Very straightforward. COVID safe. Ample time alone to look at car. I was not in a rush. Welcoming and friendly staff. Several other deliveries occurring simultaneously. I am grateful they were able to get me in on 5/31. I had to arrange travel during the weekend to get there and return before Tuesday. This part of the process was well done. Unlike the date waiting game.
  • Thankfully Mt Kisco does not install the front plate holder. Asked if I wanted it done. I said no, and installed my Quick Bandit separately. Works great!
  • During this hectic delivery time, I was never able to connect with SA or any staff there by phone before delivery. But everything worked okay.
  • No adaptive headlights. No PPF for mud flaps. No passenger lumbar support. White interior.
  • No exterior fit and finish issues, but I may not be the most discernable. No hugely inconsistent panel gaps, no issues with opening/closing doors, windows, charge port. Whatever they use to polish the car may have gotten on some of the black trim. Will ask about this.
  • There is some fit and finish issues with the driver's seat. SA fixed something on the lot where part of the seat material was not fully attached underneath the seat. There is also a problem with the plastic panel that houses the seat controls and the fact that there is a wire popping through the seam in the carpet in the middle section of the seat riser. SC appointment on 6/2 to address this and install homelink. (No SC available on Memorial Day to take care of issues at delivery.) Visor hooks, garment hooks seemed okay.
  • Driven 500 miles so far to return from the delivery location. Prior to this, I have only test driven Teslas several times. I couldn't tell a difference with the lack of radar. All worked fine for me. Except a few things with FSD...which may not all be related to radar.
  • ...it likes to hug semis on the highway. At one point it recommended merge into a late (to the right) with a semi right next to the car. I'm not sure why it can't see such large vehicles.
  • ...it stopped at every traffic light on residential streets, even if the light was green. There was a red bar on the road on the screen. Very bizarre.
  • I didn't realize that auto high beams was required for autopilot in the dark. Yikes. I hope it does not bother other drivers. It was somewhat distracting for me, although there where several instances where it had switched but I did not notice. I know I will get used to it.
  • Tasmanian floor mats fit very well.
  • The superchargers are fantastic. The primary reason I went with Tesla. 500 mile drive with 2 stops each less than 30 minutes and no hassle in getting connecting and getting going.
Thanks for the thorough write up. For autopilot, if there isn’t a car in front of you, it will stop at every light, even green. You can tap the “go” pedal and it will just keep moving. Teslas, AP1, 2 and 3, always seem to have an affinity for hugging lines or cars at different times. It’s odd.

When did you order? I can’t remember but assume you’re a Rockville pick up.
ordered 5/14, and yes that was my assumption based on where I am, but i got an email earlier that stated Bethesda, MD (Montgomery Mall). I wonder if they're going to transfer it from the Tysons/VA location due to overflow at Rockville. Or so I remember reading about that somewhere...

• Informative
Reactions: elguapo
Ordered 4/9/21 delivered 5/31/21 in Mt Kisco VIN 187,XXX. Here are some general impressions.
  • Delivery took 30-40 minutes. No trade in. Very straightforward. COVID safe. Ample time alone to look at car. I was not in a rush. Welcoming and friendly staff. Several other deliveries occurring simultaneously. I am grateful they were able to get me in on 5/31. I had to arrange travel during the weekend to get there and return before Tuesday. This part of the process was well done. Unlike the date waiting game.
  • Thankfully Mt Kisco does not install the front plate holder. Asked if I wanted it done. I said no, and installed my Quick Bandit separately. Works great!
  • During this hectic delivery time, I was never able to connect with SA or any staff there by phone before delivery. But everything worked okay.
  • No adaptive headlights. No PPF for mud flaps. No passenger lumbar support. White interior.
  • No exterior fit and finish issues, but I may not be the most discernable. No hugely inconsistent panel gaps, no issues with opening/closing doors, windows, charge port. Whatever they use to polish the car may have gotten on some of the black trim. Will ask about this.
  • There is some fit and finish issues with the driver's seat. SA fixed something on the lot where part of the seat material was not fully attached underneath the seat. There is also a problem with the plastic panel that houses the seat controls and the fact that there is a wire popping through the seam in the carpet in the middle section of the seat riser. SC appointment on 6/2 to address this and install homelink. (No SC available on Memorial Day to take care of issues at delivery.) Visor hooks, garment hooks seemed okay.
  • Driven 500 miles so far to return from the delivery location. Prior to this, I have only test driven Teslas several times. I couldn't tell a difference with the lack of radar. All worked fine for me. Except a few things with FSD...which may not all be related to radar.
  • ...it likes to hug semis on the highway. At one point it recommended merge into a late (to the right) with a semi right next to the car. I'm not sure why it can't see such large vehicles.
  • ...it stopped at every traffic light on residential streets, even if the light was green. There was a red bar on the road on the screen. Very bizarre.
  • I didn't realize that auto high beams was required for autopilot in the dark. Yikes. I hope it does not bother other drivers. It was somewhat distracting for me, although there where several instances where it had switched but I did not notice. I know I will get used to it.
  • Tasmanian floor mats fit very well.
  • The superchargers are fantastic. The primary reason I went with Tesla. 500 mile drive with 2 stops each less than 30 minutes and no hassle in getting connecting and getting going.
The stopping at red lights even when green is normal.... AP will ding to let you know its coming to a red light and you either have to press the accelerator or push down on the drive stalk to continue the drive. Unless you are behind another vehicle while going through the intersection, then it will continue to follow that car unless the light changes to yellow/red.

Hi folks - took delivery today so thought I'd pop in and give you my experience.

The car was in great shape - gaps looked great, paint was good. They got a little crazy with the wheel shine and sprayed it on the wheel trim, but besides that I couldn't find anything to gripe about.

I walked around the car a bunch, poked and prodded on it - turned everything on and off a few times, opened/closed all the doors, etc. I had a checklist I used and just went from top to bottom on everything. When done I signed the papers and dropped them off and I drove off. A much better experience than the waiting.

I ordered Mar 25 and received my VIN ~61 days later, and was scheduled for delivery 7 days after that. guy said they were doing 30 a day (all they have room for) and they have a lot to get through.

I did not get PPF or mudflats, but did still have the passenger lumbar button (VIN 185).

The only thing I'm a little frightened about is how the cars sometimes pop in and out of the left drive screen when driving down the road. Is this because the radar is gone and it just isn't that good at it yet, or is it still learning? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, here's a photo. I love the car - and after ~20 or so miles I feel like I'm already used to regenerative braking. :)

MbXHi1C.jpg

Good luck folks - this thread has kept me company over the last few months... it's been a pleasure!
New headlights on it? Looks awesome! That's the color/wheel combo I originally ordered.

Reactions: proximanova
Hi folks - took delivery today so thought I'd pop in and give you my experience.

The car was in great shape - gaps looked great, paint was good. They got a little crazy with the wheel shine and sprayed it on the wheel trim, but besides that I couldn't find anything to gripe about.

I walked around the car a bunch, poked and prodded on it - turned everything on and off a few times, opened/closed all the doors, etc. I had a checklist I used and just went from top to bottom on everything. When done I signed the papers and dropped them off and I drove off. A much better experience than the waiting.

I ordered Mar 25 and received my VIN ~61 days later, and was scheduled for delivery 7 days after that. guy said they were doing 30 a day (all they have room for) and they have a lot to get through.

I did not get PPF or mudflats, but did still have the passenger lumbar button (VIN 185).

The only thing I'm a little frightened about is how the cars sometimes pop in and out of the left drive screen when driving down the road. Is this because the radar is gone and it just isn't that good at it yet, or is it still learning? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, here's a photo. I love the car - and after ~20 or so miles I feel like I'm already used to regenerative braking. :)

MbXHi1C.jpg

Good luck folks - this thread has kept me company over the last few months... it's been a pleasure!
Thanks for sharing your delivery experience! Looking forward to picking up my MY June 8th.