Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1st post, been checking the website since I ordered on 5/10 and all of a sudden my exact config shows up in Boston. Called my local showroom and they assigned that car to me. Have a vin and an estimated delivery date of June 6-8th!!!! Super excited!!!! MYLR Blue/White, Tow, 20's and autopilot :)
First, congrats!

Do you have to go to Boston for delivery or is it getting shipped to Long Island?

Remember a lot of these cars in the 180xxx - 181xxx (hard to pinpoint in spreadsheet people not adding their build month) range we’re on containment hold anything 4/27 forward was on hold. So, lots happened for buyers...that made cars be rematches to other buyers. Example: I found not an exact match to my config in LA working with my SA. They buyer for some reason wasn’t ready. So, I grabbed it. The car I ordered is still being built and someone else will get matched to it if they ordered that config or some other buyer will get a car faster then anticipated. Lucky them.
I hear you. I ordered 3/31 and my car has a 5/21 date.

Wasn’t the Tesla Y page 2-12 weeks or something this afternoon? Honestly, I 100% believe they randomly change that, along with our EDDs and then laugh at us while they read the forums online. Seriously.
After 30min on hold I talked to someone today who said, kid you not, “honestly, I don’t know if you’ve heard of it, but I’d read the forums on Tesla Motors Club, they seem to have a better idea on what’s going on right now than me.”

🙃

0ylnF9T.jpg

A lot of inventory in the mid altantic area now. I see at least a dozen with different configs.

Reactions: elguapo
I’m confused. How is there inventory available in my area for my exact config but I don’t have a VIN???
Ha. I know, right? I clicked “buy” on my config in inventory and then it was gone. It’s a feeding frenzy. Again, it’s because Tesla doesn’t really care.

We will get our orders by 6/30. It’s just a crappy experience to feel like you’re waiting in line at Best Buy trying to fight for a PS5 that costs $55,000 and you pre-ordered two months ago, but they don’t have one for you. But, if you went to the store down the street with extras, you could walk in and buy one…that’s Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soosh and dsandhu
Would you have gotten your $100 back on your order? Or vice versa since you didn't get the inventory did they give you the $100 back on that?
In my case, because they botched it, they did give me the $100 back for the inventory car I never got. If you actually got one, you’d lose your $100 on the reservation. And the $100 spent on the inventory would be put toward purchase, as usual. So yes, you’d lose $100 in the unlikely event Tesla can figure out how to deliver a car that’s actually on its lot! :)