Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An FYI for anyone taking delivery in Schaumburg, IL. My delivery date kept getting pushed back so I called them quite a few times today until I managed to get through. They said that they turned off the ability for people to schedule deliveries. While my car is currently on the lot, they are just overwhelmed with deliveries. I was able to schedule delivery for Tuesday buy not before getting a hold of them.

Well, that all changed tonight. I just had a feeling something wasn't right so I called the SA and he said the "factory decided to keep the car" and now I have an estimate mfg date of June 25. Ergh.
That is just insane! I'm so sorry. :(

Of the many odd experiences I've read about in this thread - this one might take the cake. It just makes no sense and I really hope it turns out to be BS. Thought I'd share this with you; we both got our VINs yesterday. Yours was 201xxx and mine is 203xxx. Earlier today I finally got a return call from someone at Tesla, really nice guy name Tyler from Houston (I have no idea why I got a call from Houston when I left my number with the SC in Dallas but that's a whole other rabbit hole we could go down) and he confirmed my VIN was correct and that it was shipping out of Fremont today. Based on that, he said my EDD of 6/13 - 6/20 should be pretty accurate. Assuming VINs are more or less sequential, yours should have shipped before mine so maybe there's a sliver of hope for you?

Again, hoping you get better news tomorrow! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soosh and Emmadiane
Agreed - not true. That has always been the case for me as well. I have only ever bought 1 car in SC where I live...we buy most of our cars in either Atlanta or in North Carolina as the car prices are always better for some reason (not counting Tesla's obviously). I always just pay SC taxes (which are almost nothing thankfully) no matter where I actually take delivery of the car.
Long story short.
went to my location Tesla as Raleigh wasn’t picking up. Online advisor said double tax to pick up at NC as I’m from Georgia.
my location store helped me on this and said that I won’t be double taxed. i can drive to NC, trade in my car there and pick up my MY on Sunday.
now just waiting on a MVPA and then I should be all set.

thanks guys for all the inputs. Will keep you updated on the next steps.
really really really excited and happy !

Reactions: GoGators!
Quick update: I still didn't have payment info on my account, so I called my SA, who picked up first try. He was surprised it wasn't on my page, especially since I talked to him about it on Monday, so he put on on a short hold, told me it would be taken care of today, and within the hour I had the link I needed to make the ACH payment. Thanks Ryan!

Also, I went to the gas station today for the last time. Put six gallons of regular in the BMW, lol.