Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL! Ok, the short version...

Well, we were on our way to my work Christmas party. He came to pick me and some friends up at a hotel room they'd gotten. He was sober but we'd had a drink and he was showing off, not paying attention to where he was going and ran over a center divider curb at probably 40 mph. It completely ripped the font suspension right out of the car. Needless to say I was beyond pissed.
Had the S towed to the dealership on the back of a flatbed (thank you Telsa roadside) since it was 11pm thats all we could think to do at the time. Telsa got us an Uber home and this was the start of a 10 month journey to get the car repaired. Then Tesla had NO ability to work on a car outside of normal warranty work and basic stuff. They had no ability to do major damage repairs so after a month of it sitting in the shop they finally had it towed to a shop here that could do aluminum welding work. They did all the major work and then sent it back to Tesla for testing and sign off. The result of it all was a LOT of conversations with the manager of the SC and they started working on plans to build paint shops and repair shops in the SC themselves.
Incase your curious the final bill for the repairs was over 48k LOL
Thanks for the story, that was pretty funny. Also glad nobody was hurt, except maybe their pride🤣

• Funny
Reactions: casey1202
Where do you see the EDD? my delivery center is also Tyco Rd and booked on 5/17 but dont see any dates.
Should be on the right side of the webpage.
1622680765193.png

Hey everyone! Getting my MYP on Sunday! Went online to make the final payment and wouldn't you know, my bank (PNC) doesn't work with Plaid.

Should I just get a certified check from my branch for the final amount? RN in the memo? Made out to Tesla, INC.?

Anything else I am missing?

I am in Northern Virginia.
My SC said I could bring in a personal check but it seems all are different, I would definitely call your SA.

I believe it's been determined that what may appear as a PPF edge is actually just as sharp edge from the plastic molding process. Not to be the bubble burster, but It's highly doubtful that Tesla would install PPF on the bumpers. I wish they would though... a boy can dream.

Thanks for the response! I totally was hesitant when I looked at it and thought I was hallucinating. Went to auto shop to get the rest of the front PPF installed and people at the shop verified it's PPF on the front and back bumper of my Y and they were very fascinated by it. They have done lots of Tesla and never seen one that has the front PPF. I might have to recheck it again but as far as we checked earlier, even the tow hook port has got some film on it. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BitJam and Soosh
I believe it's been determined that what may appear as a PPF edge is actually just as sharp edge from the plastic molding process. Not to be the bubble burster, but It's highly doubtful that Tesla would install PPF on the bumpers. I wish they would though... a boy can dream.

Now, I see what you're seeing. Definitely going to get a second opinion. Or in this case, third. 😂 Oh, man!

Reactions: xdurandal
Update from So Cal, cross posted from CA Waiting Room:
I dropped by the Costa Mesa SC today. There were 3 MY being delivered, Blue, Red and MSM. The white one in the pictures was a used MY. Boy, that Red with the Inductions sure looks beautiful.

Inside I asked about my delivery date. They pulled up my order and it showed that I was "soft matched" with a manufacturing date of 6/16 and delivery to Costa Mesa on 6/17. He said if these dates hold I should expect a call from the delivery team around 6/17.

Attachments

• IMG_4421s.JPG
    IMG_4421s.JPG
    575.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4422s.JPG
    IMG_4422s.JPG
    531.2 KB · Views: 77
Update from So Cal, cross posted from CA Waiting Room:
I dropped by the Costa Mesa SC today. There were 3 MY being delivered, Blue, Red and MSM. The white one in the pictures was a used MY. Boy, that Red with the Inductions sure looks beautiful.

Inside I asked about my delivery date. They pulled up my order and it showed that I was "soft matched" with a manufacturing date of 6/16 and delivery to Costa Mesa on 6/17. He said if these dates hold I should expect a call from the delivery team around 6/17.
When did you place your order? Is your account showing those delivery dates? My delivery date vanished last Friday. I was originally set for 6/12-6/30