Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dates have shifted out another week. Extremely frustrating to see people take delivery from my DC with my configuration and they ordered 4+ weeks after me.
That is frustrating. I ordered 4/16 with the same config and got my car on 5/30 in Rockville. From what I can deduce, it was one of the cars on containment hold while the transition to Tesla Vision was being worked out since my VIN match was a Thursday and delivery was 3 days later. I also think the VIN was reassigned to me after someone else was unable to accept delivery for whatever reason. I did keep in regular contact with the Montgomery Mall store leader by dropping in whenever I was in the area. I'm thinking this may have had something to do with my earlier than estimated delivery, based on him suggesting to get my funding in order / accessories ordered earlier in the week. I don't know how much contact you've had with your SA since you ordered, or any changes you made to your order, or the tasks you have completed - but something seems wrong. I would visit your SC in person.

Reactions: BitJam
Been thru this process, it seems like weeks ago and the time goes slowly... never lose hope. Visit your SC and see your SA every week or two. We made friends with many at the SC and that will continue with ownership.

Yes we had a vin and lost it. Then we got a new vin weeks later and the MY is in our garage now... it is fully worth the wait and cost.

Most of you already know, daily dates and updates, they will drive you nuts. It changes like the weather. One new option for many buyers of MY today and this month so far, there are "some" available MY's on the Tesla page for sale daily... this was not the case for all of the month of May where we had no option to buy any at all. If you go that route, suggest it is a new order and keep on holding your old / exiting order RN until your MY is in hand.

:)

Hey everyone. Been following this thread for a while. Ordered a 5 Seater Black on Black Model Y with Induction Wheels from Tysons Corner, VA on 4/3/21. I've experienced what most have with constantly changing dates, almost always shifting backwards. For a while the dates went away and I had the 5 to 9 weeks from order date message. Was told by my Sales Associate that if I arranged my financing, I'd be prioritized for delivery, so I did so on 5/15. Just noticed today my dates are now July 15 to August 5th, which means my financing approval is going to expire and I'll have my credit re-run. Needless to say I'm pissed and contemplating walking away.

I get the same feeling, people that ordered end of March/1st week of April OR early May have been getting matched all across the country.

We ordered 4/19, never had a blue button or VIN, just continuous date slippage.
Yea somethings not right, but on the other hand I didn't see anyone in the northeast take delivery of a black painted one recently. Maybe there built in batches ?

When I check my initial order which was a MYLR MSM, it still has no vin and the EDD still keeps getting pushed out further and further. The EDD now says 6/9 -6/28. On 6/2 I searched the inventory stock, placed a new ordered and received a vin immediately. On Friday, June 4th I took delivery of a beautiful red MYLR and have been enjoying it over the weekend. I named her Skittles. Lol!
How do you like the red? I have an order placed for a white one but I saw this morning there is a red in stock, like yours with less than 50 miles. Was thinking of going for it but worried the red was too "flashy." Wondered what your thoughts are now that you've had it for a few days.

How do you like the red? I have an order placed for a white one but I saw this morning there is a red in stock, like yours with less than 50 miles. Was thinking of going for it but worried the red was too "flashy." Wondered what your thoughts are now that you've had it for a few days.
Honestly, I didn't think I could do red. I didn't think I'd like seeing it every day. While waiting for my MSM MYLR order, I drove over to the Tesla store to see a red MY demo in person and fell in love... I didn't think I could do red till I tried and I LOVE IT! The red ones are rare, and I like that. It will get some attention because of that reason but its not too flashy. I don't regret it all. My mom even loves it and says I picked the right color. Lol!

Anyone have a VIN And still getting your date pushed back? Received the VIN May 28 and our delivery date has gone back a day every day since we got the VIN. It first said June 12-15. Now it says June 21-24. I have chatted with Tesla Online Chat because my SA does not respond to any emails at all.