Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How has your demo worked out, so far? Was it in good shape when you went to pick it up? Any issues that needed to be addressed?
I’m picking it up on Wednesday. A guy on the CA Forum said he got his and was almost flawless. there was a interior piece misaligned and curb rash on one of the wheels. I asked him if he can get the wheel replaced but no response yet. ill let you know.

I’m picking it up on Wednesday. A guy on the CA Forum said he got his and was almost flawless. there was a interior piece misaligned and curb rash on one of the wheels. I asked him if he can get the wheel replaced but no response yet. ill let you know.
Awesome, thanks! Would be good to hear they fix issues like that. I'm thinking of picking one up if I can catch a low mileage one in my area, or remotely close.

Don't you have the Remove FSD button? I removed mine after ordering but haven't paid anything upfront. Tesla will take long time to do refunds if they do.

FSD option disappeared after I added it. I don’t believe it ever popped up again. Also I’m pretty much all in, I don’t see myself taking it off unless they announce a huge difference between full purchase and subscription price. And I do plan on keeping the car for at least 4 years (well see though :) )

Last edited:
Aren’t all of your examples though included with AP? What extra safety benefits does FSD give you?
AP does not apply corrective steering to avoid a vehicle veering into your lane or other similar types of situations. The safety features outside of FSD are accident mitigation not avoidance... FSD will actively attempt to avoid an accident by steering the vehicle in addition to applying breaks... OBV you have to have it active in FSD for it to function in that way though. For me, its basically always on. Im attentive and in control, but its always active when its available.

Last edited:
His examples didn’t have anything about changing lanes but I get yours (and his) point. Having not used a Tesla for daily driving (yet), this is why a subscription or trial period would be super helpful. I just don’t see how it would change my life enough to be worth $10k+ but maybe I’m wrong.
Its really hard to quantify it until you have experienced it... its something that you have to use for a long drive in those times when you can get the feel of it. A 15 min test drive is nothing. I agree completely with a trial period, I think they are missing the boat there for sure.
I look forward to hearing your feelings on it after a 15 hour road trip with the family LOL

Well I've got a dilemma. Two demo model Y have popped up this evening in the build I like.

Both have around 2,200 miles and roughly a $3,300 USD discount. Blue, 20s, tow package. One has black int, one has white.

I've read mixed reviews about the recent demo vehicles and that they are now sold "as is" but you can still reject on delivery. Anyone have any thoughts/insight? I'm torn!!

Well I've got a dilemma. Two demo model Y have popped up this evening in the build I like.

Both have around 2,200 miles and roughly a $3,300 USD discount. Blue, 20s, tow package. One has black int, one has white.

I've read mixed reviews about the recent demo vehicles and that they are now sold "as is" but you can still reject on delivery. Anyone have any thoughts/insight? I'm torn!!
Seems like the consensus is, do it as a separate order. Keep your spot in line incase you reject the demo car. Sure you risk loosing the $100 but its a small price to pay if you don't like the demo and want to go back to your reservation. Otherwise you loose your place and go to the back of the line...

AP does not apply corrective steering to avoid a vehicle veering into your lane or other similar types of situations. The safety features outside of FSD are accident mitigation not avoidance... FSD will actively attempt to avoid an accident by steering the vehicle in addition to applying breaks... OBV you have to have it active in FSD for it to function in that way though. For me, its basically always on. Im attentive and in control, but its always active when its available.
Our MY has a setting for Autopilot collision and accident mitigation without FSD. It is on and we have had it work when using AP. It seems like that does exactly what your FSD description says here. Brakes and steering to mitigate.

For the ten grand cost of FSD, you get auto lane change from Tesla right now. Not a deal for us. As for keeping the car more than four years, we always do for such a major purchase. Like our home the longer we stay, the less we pay.

Is the MVPA automatically generated or does the SA need to do something on their end. I know my SA is out this week, but I have a VIN and delivery date, but no MVPA to finalize my loan. Wondering if it's worth calling into the SC again or just be patient as with most parts of this experience.

Ordered April 7th, hold placed by SA until July 22nd. I released the hold on June 1st when I saw it was now a 9-13 week wait. Instead had an EDD of June 16 - 27. I accepted Tesla Vision and was given a VIN (203xxx) and applied/approved for financing with Tesla (2.49% @ 72 months) and DCU (1.24% @ 65 months). Will request Tesla to rate match.

Also initiated trade-in with Tesla and Carvana. Carvana will net me $2,828 more than Tesla+sales tax savings. Waiting for trade-in pictures submitted to Tesla to report my official offer. I intend to ask to match the Carvana offer, fully aware they most likely won't, but worth a shot anyway. Carvana offer valid until July 7th and 1,000 miles. Will wait to sell car until I have the MY in my garage. Carvana is walking distance from my home and Tesla SC is a train ride away if needed, so transportation will not be an issue for any of the transactions.

This morning EDD is June 11 - 17. Called Tesla SC today and they said the MY is in its 2nd leg of journey to SC and should arrive early next week. Expect delivery for later next week.

Leaving for vacation by plane on June 23rd. I am hoping everything works out on time. Looking to do 2 summer road trips with MY from Philly. Grand Rapids, MI, and Greenville, SC. Also hope any new tax credits become retroactive to May 24th! Biden should be releasing more details by this Wednesday. I'd hate to delay delivery, but if something significant is announced with high degree of reliability to affect my savings, then I may have to delay. But won't delay until 2022, since I want the car for when I start going back to the office September 13, 2021.

That's my story!
UPDATE #1: The official Tesla trade-in offer increased after submitting pictures! Now Carvana is only $496 more than Tesla+sales tax savings.

UPDATE #2: Tesla rate matched DCU @ 1.24% for 72 months. All this required was a simple email to [email protected] and I attached the DCU "Note and Loan Agreement" which had the VIN and terms ready for DocuSign.

omg, EDD back to 9-13 weeks now, this is brutal...anyone else have their EDD change again this morning?
Mine shifted back a couple days this morning for my 5/21 order. Here's the last 6 updates:

5/30 (morning): EDD: 3-13 weeks (6/20 - 8/29)
6/1 (morning): EDD: blank
6/3 (morning): EDD: July 20 - August 09
6/5 (morning): EDD: July 21 - August 10
6/6 (morning): EDD: July 19 - August 08
6/8 (morning): EDD: July 22 - August 11

My order date was 6/1 and on 6/3 I got EDD of Sept 11 - Oct 1

I just checked now and it saying July 31 to Aug 20. So my new EDD at least more closely matches the 9-13 wk website time now.

The times just seems to randomly move all over the place forward or backwards depending on what you ordered and what SC you plan to pick up car from. I assume there are some sort of regional allotments and if you have lots of the same config ordered in same region it may cause dates to shift back vs shift up for others? I'm new to this waiting game and have not read this entire rediculously large thread so maybe this has already been proven or disproven to be the case. I ordered black with white interior and in Indiana where I live I have seen mostly white and MSM MYs and maybe 1 red driving around. Have not seen a single black MY and have never seen one at the SC in Indy the few times I've been there.

Reactions: BitJam
My order date was 6/1 and on 6/3 I got EDD of Sept 11 - Oct 1

I just checked now and it saying July 31 to Aug 20. So my new EDD at least more closely matches the 9-13 wk website time now.

The times just seems to randomly move all over the place forward or backwards depending on what you ordered and what SC you plan to pick up car from. I assume there are some sort of regional allotments and if you have lots of the same config ordered in same region it may cause dates to shift back vs shift up for others? I'm new to this waiting game and have not read this entire rediculously large thread so maybe this has already been proven or disproven to be the case. I ordered black with white interior and in Indiana where I live I have seen mostly white and MSM MYs and maybe 1 red driving around. Have not seen a single black MY and have never seen one at the SC in Indy the few times I've been there.
I just had mine move from Aug 19 - Sep 18 to Aug 5 - Aug 20