Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I initially wanted to test drive the White Model Y, upon getting there for my appointment, they said they only had the Red. I was like oh well, just here to test the car and can always order the white. Once i laid eyes on the red, i was sold. I also love the fact that not many Red MY are out there, so makes it a little extra special :)
A few years ago, I had a red CX-5. When I replaced it in 2017, I bought a blue one. I've always regretted it - I should have bought another red one. So when I ordered my Tesla, I knew I wanted the red. It's not as rich as the Mazda red, but it's still a very nice color.
Thanks for the feedback everybody! I just sent my SA a text to see if it's really available. Finger crossed. This will be my first red car!

Reactions: blissful
Was your profile complete? I originally ordered early April and my SA told me since my profile was completed on April 9th, even with a order hold released on June 1st, my complete profile ensured I matched for a Q2 VIN. He said if my profile was not complete, then it would have been pushed to late July or August. Which was actually my original desired timeline. Ironic, but still excited to take the MY early this month instead!
Anything else to do other than insurance for completing profile? Can't get insurance w/o a VIN, but otherwise everything's done.

Was your profile complete? I originally ordered early April and my SA told me since my profile was completed on April 9th, even with a order hold released on June 1st, my complete profile ensured I matched for a Q2 VIN. He said if my profile was not complete, then it would have been pushed to late July or August. Which was actually my original desired timeline. Ironic, but still excited to take the MY early this month instead!
I completed everything aside from financing on 4/13. My SA had told me to hold off from applying for financing until May so that I would be within 60 days of the end of quarter. So I applied beginning of May, after which I was asked to upload insurance documentation which I did. EDD were mid June throughout the process. During the VIN dump my EDD was pushed until late July.

You guys! I got THE TEXT 😍
26AE8809-2823-4D19-8825-E1D9D88537B5.jpeg

Last edited:
I just got my delivery scheduling text too! They’re going to bring it to my house!! Aaahhh!!!! (Ordered 4/9; delivery 6/16)
I assume I can still give them a cashiers check when they show up. But I don’t know what to put in the name…just Tesla? Tesla Inc? Or some other formal company name? Why don’t they tell us in any of the info on their site/account??!!

I just got my delivery scheduling text too! They’re going to bring it to my house!! Aaahhh!!!! (Ordered 4/9; delivery 6/16)
I assume I can still give them a cashiers check when they show up. But I don’t know what to put in the name…just Tesla? Tesla Inc? Or some other formal company name? Why don’t they tell us in any of the info on their site/account??!!
Possibly the name in the MVPA:
Tesla Motors Inc.

Reactions: elguapo and maus92

If they are delivering to your house, make sure you confirm with them being able to look it over, inside and out before you accept delivery and how much time they will give you.

Thanks for your order number. Now I'm going to reroute everything to my house. lmao/just kidding. you need to be careful with exposing that info in public.
You are right! I got so excited I didn’t even think of that. I’ve replaced the screen cap with an edited version but hopefully I can trust all you good people here. Thanks for catching that! 😊

Thanks for your order number. Now I'm going to reroute everything to my house. lmao/just kidding. you need to be careful with exposing that info in public.
I understand everyone protects their VIN, order number, and license plate numbers like their socials, but...why? No one can do anything with my order number, for instance, without logging in to the system (email, password, 2FA).

Same with VINs and license plates. Every time I go out in public thousands of people have full access to my VIN and plate number.