Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to document something Texas-specific that you may encounter if you're doing a trade-in with title-in-hand:

The trade-in packet they FedEx you explicitly asks to sign and return your trade-in title, which contradicts what the website says (bring your title with you for delivery).
I reached out to my SA to confirm (although I figured the trade-in packet trumps the generic website). He did confirm that since Texas is a "gallery state", it must be sent through the mail, and cannot be handed over at delivery.

Figured someone else may have the same question in the future and wanted to save them some time :)

• Helpful
Reactions: iratre and aditgarg
Sure hoping this is the case out here in Massachusetts! Ordered May 14, then changed color red → blue May 19 and then changed the wheels from Gemini to Induction on the 29th. Hopefully that didn't put us at the back of the queue. We just started seeing our first EDD ever a week ago for 7/21-8/10. Hopefully we get lucky and see the car sooner!

Unfortunately changing your config does reset your queue position to an extent so I'd factor all your thinking off of that last order change date...

What would you have wanted to call it if it was 66,969? I ams sure you'd have something creative.

Like so many, I am so sorry to hear that. I have to admit, I totally kept myself from getting excited about my delivery. I've heard/read about and seen too many M3 and MY's that had major issues. My wife kept asking me if I was excited about getting the car. Apparently, there was absolutely no joy on my face even as she dropped me off.

I honestly can't say it was even a sense of excitement when I finally completed the inspection and the car was almost perfect. It was more just a sigh of relief that I didn't have to make any follow-up service visits, get something fixed, complain or fight about some issue. My experience up to delivery had been mediocre at best. When it really mattered, they knocked it out of the park.

I guess that is what matters the most. Yet somehow I feel it could have a much more enjoyable experience and I felt like I always had to keep my expectations in check. Especially after I saw/experienced some of the issues with the demo cars such as a window seal leaking so bad it was so annoying I didn't want to drive it over about 50 mph and fiddled with the switch to get it to a somewhat tolerable noise level.

I think Tesla is past the fanbois buying them now and the rest of "us" are less tolerant than the long-time Koolaid drinkers. I guess the other analogy would be the Apple ecosystem users. While I have Apple devices, I buy them because I like how they work and am willing to see their advantages as well as their deficiencies.

Years ago I put a deposit on a Model 3 within hours of Tesla taking reservations. I kept watching the dates slip and gave up after about 2 years. I can honestly say if I had gotten an early M3, I probably wouldn't have been that happy with the car due to its build quality. In a way, I am really glad I waited. I bought it not because I am a Tesla geek but because I don't think there is anything better in the market in the MY's segment at the moment. I'll say that the Mach-E is really closing in on it though. Tesla has a lead but it clearly isn't insurmountable.
I share your sentiment. I love Apple products, but I am not an "Apple Fanboy". I like the innovation and familiar UI/UX. I feel the same way about Tesla. I just built an all electric house and it was a no brainer to finally pull the trigger on a MY. Zero emission really resonates with me and the performance of the car is highly unmatched, especially in the price range it sits. I like the car, not too keen on "all things Elon", I'm here for the vehicle.

I'm really trying to keep myself from getting too excited about delivery, but this is my first car purchase (I had a lease in 2016 and have been driving a "retired" family car for two years while I waited for the right time to pull the trigger.

I am very anxious about the whole process, the ambiguity and the variances of experiences by so many of you. I was a History major so learning as much as possible is my natural instinct and this is the first time I've truly been overwhelmed by inconsistencies in a contained and established organization like Tesla.

On top of this, my experiences thus far and research is compounded by the fact that I live in Texas and they cannot "directly" sell me my MY. I'm not defeated or turned off at this point, however it is becoming quite overwhelming and I would be extremely disappointed if my Delivery Day is anything but positively memorable. I've been waiting to purchase this car for about 2.5 years now, and I want this to be a special day.

Maybe I'm just young and naive...

I share your sentiment. I love Apple products, but I am not an "Apple Fanboy". I like the innovation and familiar UI/UX. I feel the same way about Tesla. I just built an all electric house and it was a no brainer to finally pull the trigger on a MY. Zero emission really resonates with me and the performance of the car is highly unmatched, especially in the price range it sits. I like the car, not too keen on "all things Elon", I'm here for the vehicle.

I'm really trying to keep myself from getting too excited about delivery, but this is my first car purchase (I had a lease in 2016 and have been driving a "retired" family car for two years while I waited for the right time to pull the trigger.

I am very anxious about the whole process, the ambiguity and the variances of experiences by so many of you. I was a History major so learning as much as possible is my natural instinct and this is the first time I've truly been overwhelmed by inconsistencies in a contained and established organization like Tesla.

On top of this, my experiences thus far and research is compounded by the fact that I live in Texas and they cannot "directly" sell me my MY. I'm not defeated or turned off at this point, however it is becoming quite overwhelming and I would be extremely disappointed if my Delivery Day is anything but positively memorable. I've been waiting to purchase this car for about 2.5 years now, and I want this to be a special day.

Maybe I'm just young and naive...
I say if you aren't trying to time the end of a lease and your car isn't breaking down, then order a MY and ride out the roller coaster of dates and surprises. It isn't for everyone, but for those who are patient (or not, get a demo), and who want to have the latest tech to keep their minds learning and moving, then you've come to the right place. Also if you aren't in a rush and want to save via possible tax rebate, then best to order and place on hold until 2022.

• Helpful
Reactions: iratre
Yes. I had my SA remove my trade-in because I still owe on the loan and found out I will not receive any sales tax benefit due to lack of positive equity in the trade (Pennsylvania). The next day, received the "Have you considered trading in a vehicle..." I laughed, but obviously its a triggered event. This text was also exactly 7 days (less 2 hours) prior to my scheduled delivery time.
I got the text about trade-in yesterday afternoon ( I don't have a trade) and received a VIN this morning.

Reactions: suprax
Cool cool… my EDD has been showing mid July to early August the last few days. This is what NYC tesla team had to say 😓
FC190572-BAE5-4B55-AC72-EF862AC38060.jpeg

I got the text about trade-in yesterday afternoon ( I don't have a trade) and received a VIN this morning.
Just for a data point...I don't have a trade in, got the text about adding one yesterday, and do NOT have a VIN today...at least not yet. Still sitting at July 19-Aug 8 where I have been for weeks. no signature yet, so as a reminder, I ordered 5/15 and completed profile 5/17.

Reactions: suprax and smophiee
Just wanted to document something Texas-specific that you may encounter if you're doing a trade-in with title-in-hand:

The trade-in packet they FedEx you explicitly asks to sign and return your trade-in title, which contradicts what the website says (bring your title with you for delivery).
I reached out to my SA to confirm (although I figured the trade-in packet trumps the generic website). He did confirm that since Texas is a "gallery state", it must be sent through the mail, and cannot be handed over at delivery.

Figured someone else may have the same question in the future and wanted to save them some time :)
Thank you! I just decided to trade in my car since Tesla offered what I was planning to privately sell it for (1998 Chrysler Concorde LXI w/ 41K miles). Given positive impact on taxes owed, I'm going to opt to trade in. This is very helpful.

Reactions: StoicKiwi

I’m trading-in (I was still financing) but I called because I was very confused. Glad to see I was not the only one.

Reactions: StoicKiwi