Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine on 5/13, no VIN yet. Delivery dates were 7/1-7/15, then 7/16-7/30. Today I logged on and it simply said, “September”. Then I simply said, “oh helllll no!” Anyone else get that dramatic of a change? I’m in VA...
Yes. I‘m in the same boat and from Boston. I think we’re late enough in the quarter now that they are focusing more and more on the west coast.

Ordered 5/7. Date ranges were end of June. Then September, then July-August, and back to September this morning.

I called a local store which probably forwarded me off to a pool of sales associates. The one that answered looked up my RN and said it “looks like” end of July.

MYLR | 7 seat | Tow | Black | Black

Can you still get rid of FSD on those?
I talked with a SA this morning and he assured me it's easy for them to remove FSD. My bigger concern was if they would ship a demo car to my house 600+ miles away from the SC. To my surprise he said "yes" to this too. So now I feel primed to press the "Buy it Now" button if I see a car I want. It is like a game because both speed and accuracy are crucial.

I talked with a SA this morning and he assured me it's easy for them to remove FSD. My bigger concern was if they would ship a demo car to my house 600+ miles away from the SC. To my surprise he said "yes" to this too. So now I feel primed to press the "Buy it Now" button if I see a car I want. It is like a game because both speed and accuracy are crucial.
100% they can remove FSD before delivery of an inventory car, even a demo. You can remove it after you buy it with the “Remove FSD” button in most cases.

Also, money talks. Pay enough, and they’ll ship the car wherever you want. But those third party transporters are even more suspect than whoever Tesla uses for their mass deliveries. Honestly, it will cost less (likely) to fly and pick up the car and drive it home. That’s what I’d do at this point.

Reactions: GoGators!
100% they can remove FSD before delivery of an inventory car, even a demo. You can remove it after you buy it with the “Remove FSD” button in most cases.

Also, money talks. Pay enough, and they’ll ship the car wherever you want. But those third party transporters are even more suspect than whoever Tesla uses for their mass deliveries. Honestly, it will cost less (likely) to fly and pick up the car and drive it home. That’s what I’d do at this point.
Just keep in mind that some states, like California, charge sales tax at time of delivery, not at time of registration. So if you fly to california to pick up your car, you cannot avoid paying california sales tax, without having it flat-bed towed to the state-line, and taking delivery across the boarder. (or hiring a 3rd party carrier to take it out of state)

Reactions: elguapo

There's a MSM with white interior in KC now. I ordered MSM with tow hitch. I'd almost trade the hitch for the interior but the extra cost since I ordered is irritating and in stubborn. Would be fun to fly and pick it up though.

That’s true. Thanks for the info. I saw a nice blue on white performance earlier. But I think I missed it

After watching a bunch of you guys abandon your original orders and grab an inventory car instead, I found myself checking out Tesla's new inventory listings the past couple days. My 5/21 order had moved to July/August and now September this morning. This afternoon while doing the annoying click-unclick 'refresh' of inventory, a MYLR popped up which matched my specs except the color - red instead of white.

So I quickly made a decision to buy it. Being that it's red and the current pricing instead of the pricing I locked into with my original order, it's a bit more in price. However that increase is mostly negated by 3 things: 1) The NYS EV rebate dropping from $2,000 to $500 by June 30 which I can now take full advantage of, 2) A low 0.98% @ 60 months interest rate which expires in July, and 3) Getting a solid selling offer to Carvana for our current lease.

I touched base with my SA (who has been great, btw) and he confirmed it's brand new and arriving to my pickup location on 6/21 (Monday), and is currently in a rail yard. I received the VIN instantly after clicking buy now and it's 208XXX, a recent build it seems. Tesla ratematch was also able to transfer my 0.98% interest rate to my new order.

I had never considered red due to it's $2,000 upcharge, nor have I ever seen a red MY in person before, but I'm liking it in photos. Of course there's plenty of time left here for drama to ensue, such as the car being late, etc, but as long as I can take delivery within the next 2 weeks and 1 day, it'll work for me. And I still have the original white MY order, in the slim chance I somehow get a VIN during this time and can then decide which MY to take delivery of.

Honestly, it will cost less (likely) to fly and pick up the car and drive it home. That’s what I’d do at this point.
Thanks! I agree it would cost less. Unfortunately it would be quite a trek for me. Board my dog. Get a ride for the 150 miles to the airport. Fly to the SC city. Uber to the SC. Then drive 680+ miles back home. It might be a fun adventure for someone in good health but it's not something I could do now. I imagine the drive alone would take me 2 or 3 days. In addition, I'm not thrilled with the idea of driving 680+ miles before getting ppf. I could probably make it to the SC but then I'd need to rest a few days before doing anything else.

Someone on TMC recently flew from Las Vegas to Denver to pick up their car and and then drove 750 miles back. They saw it as a fun adventure.

Looks like my delivery is postponed to next week. Anyone else has been in this situation? I’m extremely annoyed, specially because I’ve been telling that I’m very close to my due date and I don’t want a contactless delivery at my house or the car delivered to the hospital.

Has anyone here dealt with the Plano, TX SC?
Our baby beat the Tesla, and their EDD!

I wish our Tesla would follow suit!

Our baby beat the Tesla, and their EDD!

I wish our Tesla would follow suit!
My car literally arrived Sunday night to the SC but now they’re taking their sweet time with registration, inspection and other BS. My delivery date changed twice and according to the vague text I got this afternoon looks like next week is the new date.
I’ve repeatedly told them my situation and my wishes and I feel like they’re testing my baby. 🤣

Reactions: iratre
Ordered May 14th and picked up last Thursday at the Atlanta Roswell SC. No issues with the car whatsoever and pickup was fairly straightforward and quick. I originally was reading w Tesla but the CarMax deal worked better so that was taken care of.

MYLR - White/Black/20”/5 seat/No FSD or Hitch
View attachment 673799View attachment 673800
Congratulations man! I am on the border of Johns creek and Roswell so I’ll keep an eye out for your sweet ride! I’m scheduled for delivery on 6/20. Anything to look out for or be aware of during the delivery process? Im picking up it the Alpharetta SC too.

what spoiler is that?

Last edited:
Yes. I‘m in the same boat and from Boston. I think we’re late enough in the quarter now that they are focusing more and more on the west coast.

Ordered 5/7. Date ranges were end of June. Then September, then July-August, and back to September this morning.

I called a local store which probably forwarded me off to a pool of sales associates. The one that answered looked up my RN and said it “looks like” end of July.

MYLR | 7 seat | Tow | Black | Black
I’m in Denver, got the same September delivery today.

Reactions: BitJam
Congratulations man! I am on the border of Johns creek and Roswell so I’ll keep an eye out for your sweet ride! I’m scheduled for delivery on 6/20. Anything to look out for or be aware of during the delivery process? Im picking up it the Alpharetta SC too.

what spoiler is that?
The spoiler I got is off Amazon - Basenor brand - it’s usually around $125 - I couldn’t find a OEM one for sale anywhere and someone I knew had bought this one. It’s hollow and the OEM one doesn’t appear to feel that way otherwise the size, fit, and finish are identical to the MYPs on the lot. I don’t think anyone is going to pull mine off to see if it’s hollow or not.

I had no problems with delivery. They called that morning and said it was ready and they put a number in the car window. I had prepaid my down payment so I got there and went to the car - it was in the back charging and got in and then Malcolm eventually came over and brought some paperwork. Sat in car the entire time - in & out in about 45 minutes - found 1 small problem and they fixed it while I was sitting - smudge on trunk that they buffed out.
Good luck on getting it soon!! I feel like I lucked out in that my EDD was 4-11 weeks and I got it at about 4 weeks.

1623809457621.png