Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked the car yesterday.
Everything looks perfect to my eyes. There was some glue residue on the A pillar which was just wiped.

No PPF was there on the rear, for some reason was expecting it no biggie.
The delivery process was smooth, just couple of signatures and I was out of there.

Hang in there all, its worth the wait.
What is your VIN? Trying to figure out what the oldest VIN delivered is..

If you obsessively check the inventory and play around with different zip codes, depending on how far you're willing to travel to pick it up, you might get lucky like I did.
My SA was able to take the inventory VIN and plop it on my original order so I didn't have to redo the financing.
My MYLR is sitting in Mt Kisco waiting for me to pick it up this weekend. Ordered 2 weeks ago (brand new not a demo)

I took possession of MY, white, performance model, 5 seater, tow pkg on Saturday. The delivery was called contactless, but truly streamlined. There are so many videos available and there is a Tesla person there to hand you keycards, etc. Very easy to get through it. I live 2.5 hours away, so the delivery team fully charged mine, and I was able to purchase a NEMA 14-50 adapter so I can charge in my garage. Installed or applied Adams Graphene Ceramic coating on paint. The car is spotless. Contactless delivery was great, Rocklin, CA
Gratz! What is your VIN? Trying to track down the oldest VIN actually delivered (not just scheduled)

Picked up our inventory MY LR that matched my order yesterday (not automatically, had to reserve it and lose $100) at the Merritt Island Tesla. They were super nice and helpful, only snag was that I didn't have the actual check from DCU, they had said it would be fine to show them the copy and tracking info, however Tesla wanted tracking showing it coming to them, not me. It was delivered about 5 mins after we left the house to drive 3 hours there and I never saw the email. So FYI for anyone else, make sure the check is sent to Tesla or you have physical possession of the check!

We ended up just applying for Tesla financing on the spot and they even rate matched the DCU rate, very happy in the end.

I'm happy that we couldn't take delivery in Tampa, the Merritt Island people were sooooooo much better to deal with. Apparently they've only been open 6 weeks though, guess they'll get busy with more time.
What was your VIN?

Well, my delivery date officially changed to next week. I’m so damn annoyed because it has changed 3 times already.
I’m concerned because my monthly payment for my trade-in is coming up and I don’t what to do. Has anyone been in this position?
are you talking about EDD or the actually scheduled pickup for the car? Whats your VIN? I've had a VIN for a while but the SA keeps saying its in cali and hasn't even left Fremont yet 🤦🏻‍♂️
They won't let me even schedule anything until it arrives here in Orlando... #annoyed

After much anticipation and anxiety, I'd like to introduce you all to Sister Ernestine! She's a beauty if I do say so myself.

Picked her up at the Dallas Cedar Springs location this morning and everything went very smoothly. They were ready and waiting for me when I arrived, even though I was a few minutes early. Panel gaps and interior quality were all very, very good. I think it's safe to say that Tesla really has fixed 95% of those issues on the Model Y. A couple little details similar to what others have reported - a few grimy finger prints and smudges on the interior head liner and seats, two very small scuffs/scratches on the exterior paint and yes ... the notorious clothes hook on the rear drivers side that won't stay closed. They took care of the paint and smudge issues immediately and asked me to enter a mobile service ticket for the clothes hook.

Shout out to SA Chris. He was super friendly, professional, and helpful and didn't hesitate to fix the items I was concerned about. All in all, very good experience. Can't wait to finish up a few client meetings this afternoon and then spend some quality time with her!

tempImage1JP1Pu.jpg
tempImagePlzz6x.jpg
tempImageQZGZFo.jpg
tempImagexu1j6y.jpg

After much anticipation and anxiety, I'd like to introduce you all to Sister Ernestine! She's a beauty if I do say so myself.

Picked her up at the Dallas Cedar Springs location this morning and everything went very smoothly. They were ready and waiting for me when I arrived, even though I was a few minutes early. Panel gaps and interior quality were all very, very good. I think it's safe to say that Tesla really has fixed 95% of those issues on the Model Y. A couple little details similar to what others have reported - a few grimy finger prints and smudges on the interior head liner and seats, two very small scuffs/scratches on the exterior paint and yes ... the notorious clothes hook on the rear drivers side that won't stay closed. They took care of the paint and smudge issues immediately and asked me to enter a mobile service ticket for the clothes hook.

Shout out to SA Chris. He was super friendly, professional, and helpful and didn't hesitate to fix the items I was concerned about. All in all, very good experience. Can't wait to finish up a few client meetings this afternoon and then spend some quality time with her!

View attachment 673983View attachment 673984View attachment 673985View attachment 673986
Beauty! Gratz! Nice to see deliveries are still happening!

Reactions: casey1202
Well, my delivery date officially changed to next week. I’m so damn annoyed because it has changed 3 times already.
I’m concerned because my monthly payment for my trade-in is coming up and I don’t what to do. Has anyone been in this position?

Delivery date changes are annoying for sure, though not uncommon. If you're still in possession of your trade-in when monthly payment is due, you should make the payment. However, most loans have a grace period of 7 to 10 days before they'll consider your payment late. i.e. if payment is "due" on the 5th, they won't consider your payment late until 15th.

Tesla will have to obtain an updated payoff quote, which should reflect your most recent payment. Worst-case is that Tesla's payoff quote doesn't reflect your recent payment, in which case the lender will mail you a refund check a few weeks later when everything's been settled, as their system will show you've overpaid the loan.

Im not sure about that. I've bought three cars in three different states (only one Tesla) and they charged me sales tax in FL at the dealership every time because that is where the car was registered.
I've bought ALL my cars (none a Tesla) from out of state, I can assure you that is how it works. The dealership has never charged me sales tax.. Sometimes they estimate sales tax, if you wanted to finance it, then they would cut you a check for the sales tax amount, for you to take to the DMV yourself, but most times, its easier to not include sales tax in that. The only two wierd states I've encountered so far was Kansas and California. California would not let you skirt around sales tax if you wanted to pickup within the state.. Kansas was more lenient becuase you only had to file an exemption with the state department of revenue, and attach it to the paperwork with the dealership, then they wouldn't need to collect sales tax.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Your MVPA will show the mileage once you are assigned a VIN. However, it looks to be general considering a lot of people have 15. They will most likely update at day of delivery. Here is mine:
View attachment 673593
@GTBrooks256 I have an update. I live in the USA, but the generic 15 was updated on my Tesla Lending Agreement to accept as Km! Weird.

1623860555403.png

• Informative
Reactions: GOVA
I've bought ALL my cars (none a Tesla) from out of state, I can assure you that is how it works. The dealership has never charged me sales tax.. Sometimes they estimate sales tax, if you wanted to finance it, then they would cut you a check for the sales tax amount, for you to take to the DMV yourself, but most times, its easier to not include sales tax in that. The only two wierd states I've encountered so far was Kansas and California. California would not let you skirt around sales tax if you wanted to pickup within the state.. Kansas was more lenient becuase you only had to file an exemption with the state department of revenue, and attach it to the paperwork with the dealership, then they wouldn't need to collect sales tax.

Im not sure about that. I've bought three cars in three different states (only one Tesla) and they charged me sales tax in FL at the dealership every time because that is where the car was registered.
Looks like you can add Florida to the list of wierd states... Looks like, similar to California, if you buy a car in Florida, sales tax is due at the time of purchase.

Same experience for me when buying in other states.
Are you guys talking about paying the sales tax rate of your home state, or the sales tax rate of the state you are buying your car? Because it seems wierd for a dealership in another state to collect tax on behalf of another state.... Like I said in a different post, I have never had to pay sales tax at the dealership at any state that I have purchased a car in... When I was talking about California, I meant that if you lived out of state to California, and you buy a new car in California... If you were to try to pickup the car yourself in California, you would have to pay California Sales tax... Then when you register the car in your home state, you would have to pay your home state's sales tax too, unless they had reciprocity with California...

Are you guys talking about paying the sales tax rate of your home state, or the sales tax rate of the state you are buying your car? Because it seems wierd for a dealership in another state to collect tax on behalf of another state.... Like I said in a different post, I have never had to pay sales tax at the dealership at any state that I have purchased a car in... When I was talking about California, I meant that if you lived out of state to California, and you buy a new car in California... If you were to try to pickup the car yourself in California, you would have to pay California Sales tax... Then when you register the car in your home state, you would have to pay your home state's sales tax too, unless they had reciprocity with California...
I just leased an X3 for my wife, we live in Nevada but bought the car in California. I was not charged sales tax from California, instead at delivery they gave me a one trip permit from the CA DMV (one way ticket good for one day) and I had to drive it directly to Nevada after picking it up, registered it the next day in Nevada. The sales tax in my financing was all based off of my home county, and that was what BMW figured into the payments and the contract.