Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a couple of questions and was wondering if someone here can help.
1. My current EDD is June 23-30. I have opted for self arranged financing and I am worried that if Tesla decides to call me on 30th to pick the car on the same day, then it might not be possible for my credit union to send a check in such a short time frame. They take 1 day due to overnight shipping. Is getting a notification to pickup on the last day of the quarter a possibility? How to handle this situation
2. Do you recommend going through tesla arranged financing in this situation? I have a much better rate through my credit union, it's just that getting the check from them might take a day.
3. Is there a way my credit union(Digital Federal Credit Union) can send the payment electronically to Tesla? If yes, how? If not, who should the check be made out to?
4. In the rare case something drastic is wrong with the car and I need to reject delivery, how can I reject in case I get home delivery?
I had DFCU send me the check last week, my delivery isn't until 24th. Go ahead and get the finance piece finished, just hold onto the check until delivery date.

It's really not. tesla's just going to match the rate, and I already am approved with Tesla for 2.49% I just want to get it down to 1.99% DCU will approved me but their hold time when you call in is 2.5 hours. I don't think it will get approved by the time I need to get the car.
perhaps you should have gotten your act together sooner instead of asking people to participate in fraud & at the very least un-ethical behavior. You are not deserving of a Tesla.

re: also, a pre-approval wouldn't contain personal information that is NPPI

Which is a moot point, because for the most part DCU will not put anything in writing before being provided a VIN.

They used to do it, but wised up to being used for rate matches. I'm guessing most members here would not want to be party to potential fruad.
I cannot even believe this was suggested. To the OP, if this is really that much of an issue for you then just delay delivery. Or rate match up to 7 days post delivery. Even Tesla makes it easy, don’t try and pull someone else into your misdeeds.

Sooooo….home delivery was set for today around 4pm. I confirmed everything with delivery person over phone yesterday (stunned I finally got a person to answer at Tyson’s). Also confirmed I will be paying my bank check. I walk out my door at 11:30am and I see a white Tesla in front of my house. I was like…who parked a white Tesla in front of my house? Who has a white Tesla. Then I was like…WAIT! It’s mine!!!!! I had no idea it arrived. But because there was no rep there, I can’t give my payment so I can’t accept delivery and I can’t get in. I hope someone comes later. Nobody is picking up the phone now. I got an email saying I can take delivery once I pay they their system. Ugh. SO CLOSE BUT YET SO FAR!!!!!!!
gives you PLENTY of time to look her over for any issues on exterior 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: PatrickTM and VikH
I am five pages behind BUT

Just got the call that my Y is at the SC, has passed inspections and they can move my delivery up to tomorrow instead of Saturday!!! This is an inventory, so once I get it, I can cancel my late April order that is now August.

Not a full believer yet, nor am I wiring money, but super excited and hope to have some pics for all tomorrow afternoon. All Ys look the same, but I will post pics and first impressions anyway.

Ordered 5/15 in Ohio, just jumped to September as well. It was late June a few days ago, July-August yesterday, and now September.

A big part of why I wrote off the Mach-E is because the dealers were estimating late Q3 for new orders. Now I wonder if I should go drive both vehicles again since it’s a more-even delivery situation.

I guess I get to see what currently-advertised features Tesla rips out over the next 3 months, too.
Ordered 5/9, jumped to September yesterday, received VIN and communication that vehicle is getting ready to ship from Fremont, Hope this helps.

Proof of insurance question: for the proof that is required to be uploaded, does it have to show the Model Y added to my existing policy and already active/effective as of today, or can the effective date be the date that I am scheduled to take delivery? So if I am scheduled to take delivery on 6/24, is it okay to have the 'proof of insurance' indicate that coverage starts on 6/24 or does it have to show that the coverage is effective today, the day I upload the proof of insurance to my account.

I’m in NY if that matters.

After having the car close to a week now - I have a few thoughts about the Tesla car buying experience. It is absolutely completely different than any car buying I have ever done before and that leads to some cool factors and some frustrations.
The fact that I designed and "bought" the car while sitting at dinner by pushing the Apple Pay confirm button on my phone to think back was kind of crazy. During the waiting period I kept buying little things for the car so that was fun and getting the charger installed was cool as well and ended up being installed the day before delivery.
Then the waiting period began and that is sort of frustrating! This is where Tesla would be better off never giving any kind of EDD until your car is being shipped at the earliest because I probably refreshed my screen 1000x waiting for a date or a VIN or any kind of page change at all. The EDD went from 4-13 weeks, 3-11 weeks, some end of July dates, end of June dates, then nothing for several days then the blue button. Then I got a confirmation date and had to wait some more. I went to the lot several times because they had so many similar configuration ones and mine was never there. Then one morning they called and asked if I wanted to pick up. So Tesla could do a better job of that and for many of the SAs that has to be frustrating too - the good ones take the time to at least talk to you on the phone and give you some information - the others either ignore you, tell you to check the website or just outright lie to you to get you off the phone.
But once you get the car - WOW - it is so much better than I ever expected. From someone who basically set out to get a F150 and test drove the Tesla just because we were bored and fell in love. This car is crazy fast and rides so much better than I expected. The things I had read about Tesla before were way off base as this is a very well built computer that functions as a car and they really have put a lot of thought into the functionality of it.

So if you are frustrated with the waiting process have hope - once you get the car you will probably forget all about the wait! Good luck and hopefully all the March, April, May orders get filled this month no matter what your EDD says!

Proof of insurance question: for the proof that is required to be uploaded, does it have to show the Model Y added to my existing policy and already active/effective as of today, or can the effective date be the date that I am scheduled to take delivery? So if I am scheduled to take delivery on 6/24, is it okay to have the 'proof of insurance' indicate that coverage starts on 6/24 or does it have to show that the coverage is effective today, the day I upload the proof of insurance to my account.
Probably depends on what state you live in. In Georgia, I uploaded my current car. I had my agent send me an electronic temporary card the day of pickup but no one at Tesla ever checked. The LH did contact my agent a couple of days after pick up though to make sure it was covered.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I cannot even believe this was suggested. To the OP, if this is really that much of an issue for you then just delay delivery. Or rate match up to 7 days post delivery. Even Tesla makes it easy, don’t try and pull someone else into your misdeeds.
people are losing their mind over this. I deleted the OP - just let it go. It's not a big deal, and it's not a ****en misdeed. It's like no one in this group has every broken any damn rules.

• Disagree
Reactions: iratre and aditgarg

I’m in NY if that matters.
It can be the day you pick it up that it starts, BUT I started mine roughly a week early. Didn't cost much and gave me flexibility to change the pick up date (which I ended up doing) if necessary. You could also call your insurance company and change the date if that were to happen, but I didn't want to worry about that to save $10.

Reactions: suprax
I just wanted to rant here, I bought my MYLR7 on 04/07, and the timeframe at the moment was 6-10 weeks. Today I'm on week 10. I was promised so many times I was going to get the car during that timeframe. I made plans for a road trip starting on Monday based on that assumption. Even my parents are traveling with me as part of this trip and I will be out of SEA for the last 2 weeks of the month. Surprise, I never got the VIN, dates still moving one day at a time, currently 06/19-06/30. I will probably will need to spend 2K to rent a car for the trip I had planned and on top of that I just got from my SA that the delivery team is "very efficient" on getting cars out, so if I'm not available on the 3 days frame once I get a date schedule I will just lose the car and start over. Now I'm on this crappy situation where I don't know what to do, I can't cancel my trip and I'm not sure if I can go thru this process again until September.