Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just leased an X3 for my wife, we live in Nevada but bought the car in California. I was not charged sales tax from California, instead at delivery they gave me a one trip permit from the CA DMV (one way ticket good for one day) and I had to drive it directly to Nevada after picking it up, registered it the next day in Nevada. The sales tax in my financing was all based off of my home county, and that was what BMW figured into the payments and the contract.
Interesting.. Stupid dealer I tried to work with in Los Angeles told me my only option was to put it on a flat-bed, and pick it up at the AZ state line, if I wanted to drive it myself.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Sooooo….home delivery was set for today around 4pm. I confirmed everything with delivery person over phone yesterday (stunned I finally got a person to answer at Tyson’s). Also confirmed I will be paying my bank check. I walk out my door at 11:30am and I see a white Tesla in front of my house. I was like…who parked a white Tesla in front of my house? Who has a white Tesla. Then I was like…WAIT! It’s mine!!!!! I had no idea it arrived. But because there was no rep there, I can’t give my payment so I can’t accept delivery and I can’t get in. I hope someone comes later. Nobody is picking up the phone now. I got an email saying I can take delivery once I pay they their system. Ugh. SO CLOSE BUT YET SO FAR!!!!!!!

Sooooo….home delivery was set for today around 4pm. I confirmed everything with delivery person over phone yesterday (stunned I finally got a person to answer at Tyson’s). Also confirmed I will be paying my bank check. I walk out my door at 11:30am and I see a white Tesla in front of my house. I was like…who parked a white Tesla in front of my house? Who has a white Tesla. Then I was like…WAIT! It’s mine!!!!! I had no idea it arrived. But because there was no rep there, I can’t give my payment so I can’t accept delivery and I can’t get in. I hope someone comes later. Nobody is picking up the phone now. I got an email saying I can take delivery once I pay they their system. Ugh. SO CLOSE BUT YET SO FAR!!!!!!!
Since it’s already there, can‘t you just do your walk around on the exterior and pay online instead of using the check?

Congrats but that does sound crazy to drop the car off with no way for you to be able to get in or even ringing the doorbell to let someone know.

I just leased an X3 for my wife, we live in Nevada but bought the car in California. I was not charged sales tax from California, instead at delivery they gave me a one trip permit from the CA DMV (one way ticket good for one day) and I had to drive it directly to Nevada after picking it up, registered it the next day in Nevada. The sales tax in my financing was all based off of my home county, and that was what BMW figured into the payments and the contract.
Here's a youtube channel that I followed, where they bought a new truck in CA, and he had the same issue. Dealership gave him a form, that needed to be notarized with the Tow Truck driver, to certify he was taking delivery of the truck outside of California, otherwise would need to pay CA sales tax... You can go to 5:52 for that part of the conversation.

Geez, good thing you didn't need to go anywhere to pickup something you needed for delivery, and wasn't blocked in...

That must be absolute torture. I'd have to close my curtains.

I have a couple of questions and was wondering if someone here can help.
1. My current EDD is June 23-30. I have opted for self arranged financing and I am worried that if Tesla decides to call me on 30th to pick the car on the same day, then it might not be possible for my credit union to send a check in such a short time frame. They take 1 day due to overnight shipping. Is getting a notification to pickup on the last day of the quarter a possibility? How to handle this situation
2. Do you recommend going through tesla arranged financing in this situation? I have a much better rate through my credit union, it's just that getting the check from them might take a day.
3. Is there a way my credit union(Digital Federal Credit Union) can send the payment electronically to Tesla? If yes, how? If not, who should the check be made out to?
4. In the rare case something drastic is wrong with the car and I need to reject delivery, how can I reject in case I get home delivery?

Reactions: BitJam
I mean besides that being wrong, I don't think anyone is going to send you their document with their personal information on it. Ethically that might not be an issue to you but legally that might be an issue.
Well, now that I know it is wrong, I better not do it. I'm going to periodically check in with you when my conscience fails me. Thank you for letting me know.

Attachments

• 75C1CD04-13A0-4EA3-BF09-33C7C92B0CBD.jpeg
    75C1CD04-13A0-4EA3-BF09-33C7C92B0CBD.jpeg
    464.7 KB · Views: 64
Exactly what I decided in the end. It seems for everything Tesla, we have to live with some non-ideal gaps. :D
Hi @jjgg, took RPMTesla five days to get back to me, despite repeated emails and chat attempts. Anyways, I utlimately am returning my "2020" set.

If in your shoes, I really would have kept them and have faith the underside of the floor mats will solidly hold in place (having used 3DMaxPider floor mats on our Model S). What drove me to return was RPMTesla's response that soured me on the order/experience. First, they claimed my "2020" set was correct for the "2021 Model Y", then admitted it doesn't fit but said their website contains a description about the 2021 differences. I called them out on how the wording is misleading on their website, implying they are aware of the 2021 changes and the "floor mats fit great". Also, the accompanying photo they use for the 2021 changes is at an angle that doesn't clearly show the size of the gap. When ordering it is not obvious that they still ship out "2020" versions. I will have to pay for return shipping and will not be ordering anything else from RPMTesla in the future.

Last edited: