Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first delivery was moved then cancelled. No idea what happened to that car.

Second one from inventory got stuck in containment “hell” and, again, my delivery date kept getting pushed back. Most on here know that story. Not good.

Third delivery, third different car, delivery set for this Saturday and I’ve been told it left Fremont and is on a transporter with a bunch of Ys and will arrive mid/end of week.

My original custom order was EDD mid June, then 7/6-7/17, then 7/22-8/6 now blank. I don’t really care at this point as I hope this third inventory is the charm.

I will believe it when my butt is in the seat of my car. Until then, I believe nothing they tell me.

Point is, I want everyone to get excited for delivery, but be measured, because info is scarce, inaccurate and dependent on third party transporters who take the long way or never pick up the car or…We will ALL get our Ys at some point, but don’t trust the info they tell you. The fact is, they don’t know with any certainty until the car shows up and they inspect it.
Pure wisdom! Unfortunate reality, but this is good advice.

I just wanted to rant here, I bought my MYLR7 on 04/07, and the timeframe at the moment was 6-10 weeks. Today I'm on week 10. I was promised so many times I was going to get the car during that timeframe. I made plans for a road trip starting on Monday based on that assumption. Even my parents are traveling with me as part of this trip and I will be out of SEA for the last 2 weeks of the month. Surprise, I never got the VIN, dates still moving one day at a time, currently 06/19-06/30. I will probably will need to spend 2K to rent a car for the trip I had planned and on top of that I just got from my SA that the delivery team is "very efficient" on getting cars out, so if I'm not available on the 3 days frame once I get a date schedule I will just lose the car and start over. Now I'm on this crappy situation where I don't know what to do, I can't cancel my trip and I'm not sure if I can go thru this process again until September.
I feel your pain. My 10 weeks is on Saturday. No VIN. Current dates are 6/19-30. Yesterday I snagged a demo MYP but I’m unsure if I really want to spend the 10k more for it.

Reactions: BitJam
I received my car June-13, I never saw any salesperson and I did not have to show or driver license or anything, everything was very fast before my appointment, and he told me in the application that he would accept the delivery when I arrived. everything was excellent, very beautiful, I have no complaints about anything. i love my cars waooo is to much to say
IMG_4346.jpg

I just wanted to rant here, I bought my MYLR7 on 04/07, and the timeframe at the moment was 6-10 weeks. Today I'm on week 10. I was promised so many times I was going to get the car during that timeframe. I made plans for a road trip starting on Monday based on that assumption. Even my parents are traveling with me as part of this trip and I will be out of SEA for the last 2 weeks of the month. Surprise, I never got the VIN, dates still moving one day at a time, currently 06/19-06/30. I will probably will need to spend 2K to rent a car for the trip I had planned and on top of that I just got from my SA that the delivery team is "very efficient" on getting cars out, so if I'm not available on the 3 days frame once I get a date schedule I will just lose the car and start over. Now I'm on this crappy situation where I don't know what to do, I can't cancel my trip and I'm not sure if I can go thru this process again until September.
I hear ya....I was supposed me on vacation next week out of state. Fortunately i was able to move my vacation and reservations to end of July. It’s such a BS system. People Have lives. Why cant I just put a 5K deposit down to hold it until i get back...NOPE.

Reactions: Jeff N
Received a VIN last week but EDD has been showing September since.

SA says I am assigned a pre-production VIN, my car is yet to be manufactured.
They say the system is showing September timelines for preproduction vehicle deliveries to west coast smh.

My VIN is 212XXX, I have seen people take deliveries of higher VINs.

Im not sure about that. I've bought three cars in three different states (only one Tesla) and they charged me sales tax in FL at the dealership every time because that is where the car was registered.
Dealerships in most states will charge you sales tax based on registration location. There is a small number of states that require dealerships to charge tax based on delivery location, and CA is one of them. MA is another one. There probably are others. Here's info from a VW dealer in Sunnyvale, CA.

I'm right here with you. Ordered on 4/12 and have a roadtrip starting 7/30. Still no VIN and current EDD are 7/19-8/8.

It's looking like I'll need to rent a car and will probably miss the delivery timeframe. What's frustrating is my initial EDD was May 13-June 12th, which has come and gone. People who placed the exact same order in May have received their vehicle, while I'm here twiddling my thumbs,

Reactions: elguapo and BitJam