Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picture of my baby I picked up Monday! The car is awesome you guys! worth the wait! I'm in love!!

Here are some info if it helps you guys:

2021 MYLR | Pearl White Multi-Coat | Black & White Interior | 20’’ Induction Wheels | Tow Hitch | 5 Seat | No FSD

Manufacture date: May 19, 2021
VIN: 195xxx
No Lumbar Support for Passenger (removed button)
No ppf on back
No mudflaps
No new headlights
Yes new center console
Odometer: 13 miles

Ordered: 5/2 - EDD: 6-9 weeks
5/12: EDD changed to June 1-21
5/17: EDD changed to June 7-27
5/21: EDD changed to 6-9 weeks
5/29: VIN! Made down payment through link in Tesla account. EDD: June 1-5
5/31: Received text to schedule delivery
6/8: Delivery day! (had reschedule because car was sent to NC instead of S.FL)
6/14: Delivery day!

View attachment 674345
Congrats! Lookin good! Love the white/Black combo

We just installed OTA update 2021.4.18.3 early yesterday.
No big difference from 18.2..., seems like a few more icons when in traffic.
The required early AP action needed for NJ roads, not there yet. The AP system does not see far enough ahead or if it is seeing, not reacting and waits till the last moment to brake. Needs work Tesla. May need to put back in Radar... it was more smooth on the test drive radar equiped MY back in April, agree with the writer in this thread here.

See these pics for the most traffic we have yet to see on our MY screen... note this is while at a red light, not moving.
We love our MY, would not delay delivery on this issue to those of you waiting, you know that Tesla will make good, they have too much on the line.
Interesting, so no noticeable differences on .3?

Interesting, so no noticeable differences on .3?
Not much for a report from 18.2 to 18.3... while on a one lane road following a car in front, MAYBE AP seems to leave a bit more space now.
Might be 5 car lengths following distance rather than 4 car lengths while at 40 mph, but really I am used to more distance in leeway and safety room. If AP follows too close, you are not going to relax while driving. That is where we are today.

Any other reports on the new 18.3 update and no radar, let's hear it!

Reactions: BitJam
Not much for a report from 18.2 to 18.3... while on a one lane road following a car in front, MAYBE AP seems to leave a bit more space now.
Might be 5 car lengths following distance rather than 4 car lengths while at 40 mph, but really I am used to more distance in leeway and safety room. If AP follows too close, you are not going to relax while driving. That is where we are today.

Any other reports on the new 18.3 update and no radar, let's hear it!
What distance do you have it set to? By default its set to 3, so if you prefer more space just increase it...

I personally hate to much space on AP as everyone is cutting you off all the time in stop and go traffic. But its all personal comfort level for sure.

I personally saw no difference in my radar M3 and the TV MY going on a 2+ hour road trip across FL on I4. Besides the obvious 75 limitation which for that stretch of road is WAY to slow. But as far as handling and performance it was imperceivable to me the differences in the AP handling of the roads, merging, stop and go, etc.

I can assume that different scenarios may have different results of course; not to mention driver comfort levels of how its behaving plays a factor for sure.

TV still drives 1000% better than my husband, father and sister who I always feel like we are going to crash into someone when they are driving! ROFL

Picture of my baby I picked up Monday! The car is awesome you guys! worth the wait! I'm in love!!

Here are some info if it helps you guys:

2021 MYLR | Pearl White Multi-Coat | Black & White Interior | 20’’ Induction Wheels | Tow Hitch | 5 Seat | No FSD

Manufacture date: May 19, 2021
VIN: 195xxx
No Lumbar Support for Passenger (removed button)
No ppf on back
No mudflaps
No new headlights
Yes new center console
Odometer: 13 miles

Ordered: 5/2 - EDD: 6-9 weeks
5/12: EDD changed to June 1-21
5/17: EDD changed to June 7-27
5/21: EDD changed to 6-9 weeks
5/29: VIN! Made down payment through link in Tesla account. EDD: June 1-5
5/31: Received text to schedule delivery
6/8: Delivery day! (had reschedule because car was sent to NC instead of S.FL)
6/14: Delivery day!

View attachment 674345
Congrats!! Go Gators! 😜

I don't know how to contact the admins, but I think we need another response option. I've been seeing lots of thumbs down on these posts and my guess is that people are commiserating with the bad news, saying it sucks - rather than disagreeing with the poster and thereby affecting their reaction score.
I have been thinking that same thing - sucks to get downvoted when in reality they are just agreeing that whatever crappy news you just shared sucks. Friendly reminder not to thumbs down someone unless you are truly down-voting them for whatever reason. :)

Reactions: PatrickTM
What distance do you have it set to? By default its set to 3, so if you prefer more space just increase it...

I personally hate to much space on AP as everyone is cutting you off all the time in stop and go traffic. But its all personal comfort level for sure.

I personally saw no difference in my radar M3 and the TV MY going on a 2+ hour road trip across FL on I4. Besides the obvious 75 limitation which for that stretch of road is WAY to slow. But as far as handling and performance it was imperceivable to me the differences in the AP handling of the roads, merging, stop and go, etc.

I can assume that different scenarios may have different results of course; not to mention driver comfort levels of how its behaving plays a factor for sure.

TV still drives 1000% better than my husband, father and sister who I always feel like we are going to crash into someone when they are driving! ROFL
I agree - I always have my follow distance set to 1. It drives me crazy when it leaves too much space in between and you constantly get cut off. I hope by the time I finally get my car they will have updated the software to let us do closer than 3. I agree 3 is definitely safer, but if you are paying attention 1 is fine...I've had my M3 for over a year and have never changed it from 1. You definitely get cut off a lot less often, although it does still happen. 😁