Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those looking for SAs or others to ping their cars - it actually isn’t always possible for two reasons:

1) Tesla’s cell connectivity can be finicky and spotty. So, if your car is in a dead spot, or at the bottom of the transport or there’s weird interference, it may not have any connection. Those who have a Tesla may know what I mean. The app often takes minutes to connect even on my wifi. Sometimes it’s instant.

2) The “Factory Setting” or whatever mode they’re in when they leave the factory appears inconsistent with respect to connectivity. I don’t know why, but some folks have said the SC actually “activates” the LTE chip with AT&T (that’s whose network Tesla uses) as part of the inspection process when receiving cars. Some say cars are activated at factory, but not all are.

So while SAs and others can be awful, they may be telling the truth when they say they can’t ping the car. Sometimes, however, they do know where the train or transport is. That’s what happened with the Y I am getting tomorrow. They could never ping it, but they knew where the transport was.

I saw a red one with the induction wheels and white interior at a supercharger over the weekend and almost started regretting my decision to go #teamblue. I still love the blue with white interior which is what I ordered and still plan to keep my order that way, but if a red one pops up in inventory that matches everything else other then the exterior color, I may jump on it. The red looks amazing in person with the blacked out trim and black wheels...
Blue is amazing and grows on you with time. Trust me! Plus I’m told red cars will fade with time.

Hi @jjgg, took RPMTesla five days to get back to me, despite repeated emails and chat attempts. Anyways, I utlimately am returning my "2020" set.

If in your shoes, I really would have kept them and have faith the underside of the floor mats will solidly hold in place (having used 3DMaxPider floor mats on our Model S). What drove me to return was RPMTesla's response that soured me on the order/experience. First, they claimed my "2020" set was correct for the "2021 Model Y", then admitted it doesn't fit but said their website contains a description about the 2021 differences. I called them out on how the wording is misleading on their website, implying they are aware of the 2021 changes and the "floor mats fit great". Also, the accompanying photo they use for the 2021 changes is at an angle that doesn't clearly show the size of the gap. When ordering it is not obvious that they still ship out "2020" versions. I will have to pay for return shipping and will not be ordering anything else from RPMTesla in the future.
Thanks for the follow up. The seller's response really sucks, and it didn't feel right for you to eat up a shipping cost.

But look ahead, you will get the exciting car. Today I drove a long way during rush hours to and from the service center to do my initial fix ups. The biggest joy was not that the SC addressed all 3 concerns I had, but was how much control and confidence I had while driving the MY in rush hour traffic, compared to the fat-assed Odyssey (which, to be fair, is probably the best driving minivan).

I hope you will get your MY soon.

Reactions: digitalboi
MYP - white / black
Ordered June 1st (1-9 week lead time) and put on hold June 2 to search for Corp only leasing.
June 2 - removed hold - EDD shower end of July / Aug
June 10 - EDD switched to June 20-30
June 12 (Sat) - Get a call from Tesla to pickup Monday if am ready. I asked if I could pickup Wed to make sure I had time to get insurance/financing in place.
June 16 - Went to the deliver location( Corte Madera, CA) early and they sent me a text for contactless delivery. Process was very smooth.
So far very happy! Good luck with your deliveries!

I just wanted to rant here, I bought my MYLR7 on 04/07, and the timeframe at the moment was 6-10 weeks. Today I'm on week 10. I was promised so many times I was going to get the car during that timeframe. I made plans for a road trip starting on Monday based on that assumption. Even my parents are traveling with me as part of this trip and I will be out of SEA for the last 2 weeks of the month. Surprise, I never got the VIN, dates still moving one day at a time, currently 06/19-06/30. I will probably will need to spend 2K to rent a car for the trip I had planned and on top of that I just got from my SA that the delivery team is "very efficient" on getting cars out, so if I'm not available on the 3 days frame once I get a date schedule I will just lose the car and start over. Now I'm on this crappy situation where I don't know what to do, I can't cancel my trip and I'm not sure if I can go thru this process again until September.

When I was placing my order in April, I chatted with the online CSR who told me that when the car is ready for delivery, I could delay delivery for up to a few months. Not sure if that still applies these days, but maybe reach out to your SA to get some options.

Model 3 white/black
Ordered 5/12, Southern Cal
Initial EDD 6/14-6/30
Front end date changes daily…11th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th…now 18th -30th… everyday I look and the front end date changes. No VIN. Huge bummer. Not sure how I am seeing others order after and get theirs before me in CA, r but I am super jealous! :,)

Reactions: Greg007
Model 3 white/black
Ordered 5/12, Southern Cal
Initial EDD 6/14-6/30
Front end date changes daily…11th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th…now 18th -30th… everyday I look and the front end date changes. No VIN. Huge bummer. Not sure how I am seeing others order after and get theirs before me in CA, r but I am super jealous! :,)
Whoops ended up on wrong forum… 😂

Reactions: GOVA
Tesla delivery rollercoaster:

4/12/21 - Ordered
EDD 4-7 Weeks

6/09 - VIN shows up, scheduled delivery appt for 6/26.

6/10 - VIN and delivery appt are removed from account

6/11 - new VIN shows up, EDD September

6/16 - second VIN is removed too, EDD September

MYLR | White/White | 20" | 5 seat | no tow | no FSD --- Ordered 4/12
I don't know how to contact the admins, but I think we need another response option. I've been seeing lots of thumbs down on these posts and my guess is that people are commiserating with the bad news, saying it sucks - rather than disagreeing with the poster and thereby affecting their reaction score.

BTW…I purchased my car with a referral code for 1000 miles of supercharging. When does that show up in my account?
Congrats on getting access to your car! ROFL

What's your VIN?

You should see the referral miles as soon as you get the car on your account. You have to open the loot box to see them (and their expiration date). If you don't see them by now you need to reach out to [email protected] and ask the person who's code you used if they see your order on their account.