Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my delivery yesterday. Devon, PA. Walked 10 minutes from the train station. Beautiful sunny day. They took a copy of my driver’s license and then walked me over to the car. I gave my routing and account number from a personal check on hand for SA to initiate an ACH for final payment

Slight curb rash on rear driver rim. They had no 19” in stock. I have 2 months to schedule a service appt and cannot do mobile service. They will mount a new wheel for free.

Three of the door handles are slightly depressed compared to the door panel, as I would expect. Rear passenger side it slightly raised compared to door panel. Not nearly as bad as the demo MYP I test drove, but not “perfect”. They said my door handle was “within spec”. It’s ok, I figured I should ask anyway.

I brought baby wipes with me. There were a few black smudges on the rear white seats. I cleaned it up.

Some leftover masking tape was sticking out of the headliner. My SA took it out.

In the lower trunk there was a misaligned piece of trim. I moved it around and snapped it into position.

There was some fabric that needed to be tucked in behind the rear hatch rubber gasket. Wife fixed that one at home.

As far as the coat hooks. They are finicky, but do work. You just have to push them exactly the right way to have them stick back up.

And honestly everything else was perfect. No panel gaps, paint, and glass all perfect.

Odometer had 6 miles. Autopilot was calibrated at 14 miles.

Carvana appt was at 7 PM. Dropped off car because I live walking distance to one of their fancy “vending machines”. Payments are quicker if dropped off. Took 5 min. However they offer a free Uber ride home which I had to wait 10 min for. Probably could have walked home faster but I was like why not.

Carvana’s ACH deposit is showing pending today on my bank account. Tesla’s ACH withdrawal is showing pending today on my bank account.

And now there is a Blue Model Y in my garage charging on a 14-30 plug!!!

Attachments

• E25C5230-CD3A-4116-9818-DC58B230AC00.jpeg
    E25C5230-CD3A-4116-9818-DC58B230AC00.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
For those looking for SAs or others to ping their cars - it actually isn’t always possible for two reasons:

1) Tesla’s cell connectivity can be finicky and spotty. So, if your car is in a dead spot, or at the bottom of the transport or there’s weird interference, it may not have any connection. Those who have a Tesla may know what I mean. The app often takes minutes to connect even on my wifi. Sometimes it’s instant.

2) The “Factory Setting” or whatever mode they’re in when they leave the factory appears inconsistent with respect to connectivity. I don’t know why, but some folks have said the SC actually “activates” the LTE chip with AT&T (that’s whose network Tesla uses) as part of the inspection process when receiving cars. Some say cars are activated at factory, but not all are.

So while SAs and others can be awful, they may be telling the truth when they say they can’t ping the car. Sometimes, however, they do know where the train or transport is. That’s what happened with the Y I am getting tomorrow. They could never ping it, but they knew where the transport was.
Good points for sure. I am hopeful that the SIM on my VIN is just not activated yet 🤣🤪❤️🙏🏻🤞🏻

Did they switch to ATT? I could have sworn when I had my S that they were on Verizon. The reception on the car always seems to follow the strength of signal on my Verizon SIM (I have dual sim in my phone).

I am going to try reaching out to the DA today instead of the SA to see if he can fine out what transport its on and if its really on its way 🤞🏻🙏🏻

Blue is amazing and grows on you with time. Trust me! Plus I’m told red cars will fade with time.
All colors fade over time in the Sun, esp if you don't keep the paint waxed and cared for. I'll never forget washing my dad's old Blazer, it was blue and silver and when you dried it the blue would come off on the towel LOL

Reactions: Greg007
Is it weird that I do NOT have a VIN yet, but I have ordered; license plate frames, license plate holder, Cup Holder, screen protector, … )???
Not at all! It makes you quite normal actually LOL

I currently have HPWC Installed (ordered a second one since we will have two cars now)
3 DIFFERENT sets of all weather mats (so I can decide which I like best)
Tow package ordered (wasn't an option when I placed my preorder)
Homelink Ordered (I really don't know why you can't order this as an option from the factory)
Raspberry PI for Dashcam WiFi uploading
Various center console organizers (again to see which I like best)
PPF & Ceramic coating quoted, Appointment pending
Window Tint quoted, appointment pending

Tesla delivery rollercoaster:

4/12/21 - Ordered
EDD 4-7 Weeks

6/09 - VIN shows up, scheduled delivery appt for 6/26.

6/10 - VIN and delivery appt are removed from account

6/11 - new VIN shows up, EDD September

6/16 - second VIN is removed too, EDD September

MYLR | White/White | 20" | 5 seat | no tow | no FSD --- Ordered 4/12
I also ordered a white/white on 4/12. Seems like we were skipped over, as I've seen plenty of white/white May orders take delivery already.

I don't know how to contact the admins, but I think we need another response option. I've been seeing lots of thumbs down on these posts and my guess is that people are commiserating with the bad news, saying it sucks - rather than disagreeing with the poster and thereby affecting their reaction score.
Agreed, like a sad face

MYP - white / black
Ordered June 1st (1-9 week lead time) and put on hold June 2 to search for Corp only leasing.
June 2 - removed hold - EDD shower end of July / Aug
June 10 - EDD switched to June 20-30
June 12 (Sat) - Get a call from Tesla to pickup Monday if am ready. I asked if I could pickup Wed to make sure I had time to get insurance/financing in place.
June 16 - Went to the deliver location( Corte Madera, CA) early and they sent me a text for contactless delivery. Process was very smooth.
So far very happy! Good luck with your deliveries!
Awesome! Congrats 🎉

Whats your VIN?

Had my delivery yesterday. Devon, PA. Walked 10 minutes from the train station. Beautiful sunny day. They took a copy of my driver’s license and then walked me over to the car. I gave my routing and account number from a personal check on hand for SA to initiate an ACH for final payment

Slight curb rash on rear driver rim. They had no 19” in stock. I have 2 months to schedule a service appt and cannot do mobile service. They will mount a new wheel for free.

Three of the door handles are slightly depressed compared to the door panel, as I would expect. Rear passenger side it slightly raised compared to door panel. Not nearly as bad as the demo MYP I test drove, but not “perfect”. They said my door handle was “within spec”. It’s ok, I figured I should ask anyway.

I brought baby wipes with me. There were a few black smudges on the rear white seats. I cleaned it up.

Some leftover masking tape was sticking out of the headliner. My SA took it out.

In the lower trunk there was a misaligned piece of trim. I moved it around and snapped it into position.

There was some fabric that needed to be tucked in behind the rear hatch rubber gasket. Wife fixed that one at home.

As far as the coat hooks. They are finicky, but do work. You just have to push them exactly the right way to have them stick back up.

And honestly everything else was perfect. No panel gaps, paint, and glass all perfect.

Carvana appt was at 7 PM. Dropped off car because I live walking distance to one of their fancy “vending machines”. Payments are quicker if dropped off. Took 5 min. However they offer a free Uber ride home which I had to wait 10 min for. Probably could have walked home faster but I was like why not.

Carvana’s ACH deposit is showing pending today on my bank account. Tesla’s ACH withdrawal is showing pending today on my bank account.

Sweet! Congrats! 🎉 Sounds like a nice experience 😃 It's a beautiful combo

Reactions: Cybwiz and sgalla04
Been stalking the boards for a while but thought I'd share my pertinent dates now that it seems my MYLR is going to arrive.
White on white 7 pass w/19s
Ordered on 5/10
VIN appeared on 6/5
Scheduled delivery appt for 6/20
Was told yesterday that it would arrive at the service center on 6/18

Will report back on my delivery experience once she is sitting my garage!

Been stalking the boards for a while but thought I'd share my pertinent dates now that it seems my MYLR is going to arrive.
White on white 7 pass w/19s
Ordered on 5/10
VIN appeared on 6/5
Scheduled delivery appt for 6/20
Was told yesterday that it would arrive at the service center on 6/18

Will report back on my delivery experience once she is sitting my garage!
Congrats! Whats your VIN?

Finally took delivery yesterday! Immediately punted the Gemini covers in the trash as soon as I got home. Car was flawless for the most part, and anything that I noticed is definitely not worth complaining about. I'll go over the car more today and report anything I find in the app so it's documented within the 24 hour window.

First impressions is the radarless autopilot is a bit sketchy. Seems to wander within it's lane on curvy roads more then it's counterpart. It's much more aggressive in bumper to bumper traffic, which is nice to a point, but almost a little too much. It's definitely not as smooth and refined as the radar system. We had a MYP with radar loaned to us for a week before we took delivery, so this is a direct comparison.

IMG_2571.jpg

Finally took delivery yesterday! Immediately punted the Gemini covers in the trash as soon as I got home. Car was flawless for the most part, and anything that I noticed is definitely not worth complaining about. I'll go over the car more today and report anything I find in the app so it's documented within the 24 hour window.

First impressions is the radarless autopilot is a bit sketchy. Seems to wander within it's lane on curvy roads more then it's counterpart. It's much more aggressive in bumper to bumper traffic, which is nice to a point, but almost a little too much. It's definitely not as smooth and refined as the radar system. We had a MYP with radar loaned to us for a week before we took delivery, so this is a direct comparison.

View attachment 674323
Nice! You went with black Gemini center caps. I’ve been debating on getting the grey OEM caps or going with black. I like how it looks on your white MY. Not sure about with Blue.

Reactions: BitJam and mtx450

Excellent post. So happy for you guys that it all went pretty smooth! What checklist did you use?

View attachment 674323
Have you updated to the latest firmware? The newer firmware was a dramatic improvement in my moms MYLR

Picture of my baby I picked up Monday! The car is awesome you guys! worth the wait! I'm in love!!

Here are some info if it helps you guys:

2021 MYLR | Pearl White Multi-Coat | Black & White Interior | 20’’ Induction Wheels | Tow Hitch | 5 Seat | No FSD

Manufacture date: May 19, 2021
VIN: 195xxx
No Lumbar Support for Passenger (removed button)
No ppf on back
No mudflaps
No new headlights
Yes new center console
Odometer: 13 miles

Ordered: 5/2 - EDD: 6-9 weeks
5/12: EDD changed to June 1-21
5/17: EDD changed to June 7-27
5/21: EDD changed to 6-9 weeks
5/29: VIN! Made down payment through link in Tesla account. EDD: June 1-5
5/31: Received text to schedule delivery
6/8: Delivery day! (had reschedule because car was sent to NC instead of S.FL)
6/14: Delivery day!

IMG_6272_2.jpg

Last edited:
It was on 2021.4.18.2 when I picked it up.
We just installed OTA update 2021.4.18.3 early yesterday.
No big difference from 18.2..., seems like a few more icons when in traffic.
The required early AP action needed for NJ roads, not there yet. The AP system does not see far enough ahead or if it is seeing, not reacting and waits till the last moment to brake. Needs work Tesla. May need to put back in Radar... it was more smooth on the test drive radar equiped MY back in April, agree with the writer in this thread here.

See these pics for the most traffic we have yet to see on our MY screen... note this is while at a red light, not moving.
We love our MY, would not delay delivery on this issue to those of you waiting, you know that Tesla will make good, they have too much on the line.

Attachments

• IMG_4095.jpg
    IMG_4095.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4096.jpg
    IMG_4096.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 65
Ordered May 14th and picked up last Thursday at the Atlanta Roswell SC. No issues with the car whatsoever and pickup was fairly straightforward and quick. I originally was reading w Tesla but the CarMax deal worked better so that was taken care of.

MYLR - White/Black/20”/5 seat/No FSD or Hitch
View attachment 673799View attachment 673800
uhhh where is your dual motor decal? (Sorry if it's been answered already)

Last edited: