Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received an email asking me to complete my final payment to prioritize delivery, but I don’t see anything on the account page to do that.

EDD has gone back to July 19-August 8th from September.
Don't worry about it. No need to pay before accepting delivery. It will not prioritize your delivery in anyway. They just want to get money early if customers are willing to lend it. Bring a personal check to delivery and they will initiate an ACH from the account and routing numbers.

I got fsd and autopilot experience so far is kinda crazy. It suddenly tried to overtake a semi from the right side with sudden burst of acceleration but there was no actual lane on the right and had I not had my hand on the wheel and foot on the brake, it would probably have slammed into a barraicade because there was some work going on on the shoulder. Couple of times it realized that it made a mistake on navigate on autopilot and then tried to make a quick jerky move back to the right path. Like wtf! My Volvo just cancels all autonomous functions when it can’t figure things out, which feels safer than Tesla taking off like a banshee. I plan on using these features as an added something to avoid fatigue on long trips but keep 100% focus on the road. But I do hope that they will fix this soon. I understand (so I’ve been told) that it also gets better with time. We’ll see. Not a deal breaker though, I’ll learn its’ quirks. One pedal driving came pretty naturally to me and really like it. I grew up on stick shifts and have driven just about every machine except anything that flies.
First of all, congratulations! The rambling and over sharing of user experience is great, it’s how we learn from one another.

FSD trying to overtake (or “undertake”) a semi on the shoulder is probably one of the more dangerous moves it can attempt. Good thing you were paying attention 100% and took back control. I’d like to think it’d see the barrier and come back into the real lane, but best not to test it.

Reactions: dsandhu and BitJam
Me too. Those that have taken delivery, how long before getting a VIN did you get the email from Tesla asking you to make final payment?
Pretty early. I think after accepting Tesla Vision and having applied for Tesla financing. Once they have the terms of your loan and you accept those terms, they will be more than happy to take your money. Again, don't send them any money before delivery! Should be the least of your worries during this whole process as to when to make final payment.

Just received a call from my Sales Advisor. He said they had an inventory car that was en-route to Long Island from Fremont that nearly matched my configuration. It was a MYLR white/white 5 seater but it did not have the tow hitch. He said he could match it to me and have it re-routed to Virginia for delivery by the end of the month for $500.

Tesla would honor the pricing I ordered at even though the configuration was changing.

I told him to go ahead and match me, so hopefully I'll have my car in a few weeks. I'll add the tow hitch later.

EDIT: Just received the blue button on my account. VIN 186XXX with EDD of June 23-26

I received this email today morning, was this normal?
I am expecting Tesla vision page or text msg. When I went to account I don’t see any option to pay not that I am planning to.

Ordered 5/14 Mt Kisco
Still EDD shows July 14 to Aug 3

View attachment 674790
Kind of hard to complete final payment when we don't have vin's to finalize our financing. I get why people wait on payment as well.

I received this email today morning, was this normal?
I am expecting Tesla vision page or text msg. When I went to account I don’t see any option to pay not that I am planning to.

Ordered 5/14 Mt Kisco
Still EDD shows July 14 to Aug 3

View attachment 674790
Yeah pretty normal. Not sure if you are financing, but no rush until you receive a VIN. According to your EDD, I wouldn't worry about applying for financing until beginning of July when you will probably get your VIN a couple weeks before delivery, which is plenty of time. To do multiple finance applications, rate matching, and trade-in with a 3rd party, it should all take about a week. Giving you an extra week to sit back, relax, and buy accessories! Haha. Good luck!

A738C3C4-FBBB-4471-97EA-4F1AEE7D244F.jpeg

Emailed my SA and already got a response. Known issue waiting to hear more.

Just received a call from my Sales Advisor. He said they had an inventory car that was en-route to Long Island from Fremont that nearly matched my configuration. It was a MYLR white/white 5 seater but it did not have the tow hitch. He said he could match it to me and have it re-routed to Virginia for delivery by the end of the month for $500.

Tesla would honor the pricing I ordered at even though the configuration was changing.

I told him to go ahead and match me, so hopefully I'll have my car in a few weeks. I'll add the tow hitch later.

EDIT: Just received the blue button on my account. VIN 186XXX with EDD of June 23-26
Which Tesla center are you using in VA, Tysons Corner?

First of all, congratulations! The rambling and over sharing of user experience is great, it’s how we learn from one another.

FSD trying to overtake (or “undertake”) a semi on the shoulder is probably one of the more dangerous moves it can attempt. Good thing you were paying attention 100% and took back control. I’d like to think it’d see the barrier and come back into the real lane, but best not to test it.
We have had the same issue several times with AP.
Yesterday we adjusted our follow distance from 4 to 5 then 6, MY still wants to rush into a line of halted traffic, or speed up into a turn and then wait until the last moment to brake. Reminds me of how I used to drive as a teen. Wasting all of that safety space in front of you while relying on the brakes to save the day. And this with the setting of "Early" on the AP. Wife had several scares, which means the software is NOT up to snuff yet even with the recent update to 18.3.
One thing for sure, AP and TACC are not yet ready for real world driving near multi lane, multi sharp turn, or even easy construction zones. Helps to explain why we see crashed up Tesla's at the SC routinely... drivers who think FSD or AP are really going to do what you do.
Our testing was done one a single lane hills and turns road in the east section of Middletown / Locust NJ shore area... see Navesink River Road, Red Bank NJ on your maps for reference. Super road for testing any sports car, FYI.
Another for thing sure, we love our MY! Those still waiting here, keep on your SC and get a vin. 9 weeks or so average order date to vin, see the Super MY Spreadsheet and keep it up to date. :)

Reactions: PatrickTM
And my date has alternated between June 20-30 to September, back, and today September again. WTF! What's the point of inserting a delivery date that jumps around completely randomly. Isn't the point to give people some expectation of time so that they can plan their finances or trade ins?

Took delivery yesterday, VA, Tysons.

No major issues. Panels and Paint were almost perfect. Some slight.. as in maybe < half a centimeter alignment issues near the hatchback, but both sides were identically mis-aligned. It's so minor I could only tell by practically putting my nose next to it. I'll never see it again unless i go looking for it.

Minor Issues:
- Rear hatchback/trunk space side wall plastic was not snapped together properly. Fixed by...snapping it together properly. Not really an issue.
- Failure to completely clear all the plastic wrap off the passenger side window trim. Annoying lack of attention to detail.
- The plastic corners of the front two side (driver and passenger) windows. Corners nearest the front windshield. There is a plastic piece there. It seems loose and can be easily pulled back from the window about 1-3cm. It was the same for the model Y next to mine, so it seems like a "working as designed", or a really common flaw. It's not really a big deal, but i feel like the thing shouldn't have that much give.
- This one isn't a big deal either but it bothers me.... some sort of spray cleaner or something was sprayed in the interior, and not properly wiped up. The effect is as if someone opened a can of soda and the soda fizzed up and shot droplets of soda everywhere. It was all over the console and passenger side seat. It wiped up fairly easy with a towel and water, but come on man. That's just lazy not giving a crap about your work and other people's stuff.

Edit: Added picture of "soda fizz". Its only a partial picture there was a lot more of that on the seat and scattered around.

Attachments

• Yennefer1.jpg
    Yennefer1.jpg
    947.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Yennefer3.jpg
    Yennefer3.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 57
  • Yennefer2.jpg
    Yennefer2.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Yennefer_Soda_Console.jpg
    Yennefer_Soda_Console.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
We have had the same issue several times with AP.
Yesterday we adjusted our follow distance from 4 to 5 then 6, MY still wants to rush into a line of halted traffic, or speed up into a turn and then wait until the last moment to brake. Reminds me of how I used to drive as a teen. Wasting all of that safety space in front of you while relying on the brakes to save the day. And this with the setting of "Early" on the AP. Wife had several scares, which means the software is NOT up to snuff yet even with the recent update to 18.3.
One thing for sure, AP and TACC are not yet ready for real world driving near multi lane, multi sharp turn, or even easy construction zones. Helps to explain why we see crashed up Tesla's at the SC routinely... drivers who think FSD or AP are really going to do what you do.
Our testing was done one a single lane hills and turns road in the east section of Middletown / Locust NJ shore area... see Navesink River Road, Red Bank NJ on your maps for reference. Super road for testing any sports car, FYI.
Another for thing sure, we love our MY! Those still waiting here, keep on your SC and get a vin. 9 weeks or so average order date to vin, see the Super MY Spreadsheet and keep it up to date. :)
Ugh. This sounds like AP2 when I picked up my Model X in 2017. Looks like I am in for another round of testing.

Last edited:
ED updated this morning to 7/30-8/19 and I also got the "Action required: complete final payment" email even though there is no option on my order page to complete payment which I wouldn't do without a VIN... seems like stuff is happening which I'm atleast happy with. Got closing dates for our refi, should be done by 6/28 or 6/29 so after that I'll be more comfortable applying for an auto loan when I do get a vin match.

Reactions: BitJam