Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text that mine is on site! Now I have to wait until the 26th though as I've already got plans for this weekend.
I believe you are in KC right? Who told you the car is on-site. We have appointment tomorrow for pickup. They never texted us about it and till Tuesday it was still in-transit. But this morning we got the Chase loan documents stating current odometer mileage as 15 miles. So I am guessing they might have got it on-site.

I ordered on June 5th. Original delivery was 9-13 weeks, then updated to June 23-June 30, updated a few days ago to July 31-Aug 20, then updated to September a day or two ago, and mid-afternoon just updated to June 27 - June 30.

The back-n-forth is crazy. What I really want is the VIN so I can get the loan and insurance finalized/set up.

Blue/white, LR, 19" wheels, no tow, Auto Pilot, five-seater.

I ordered on June 5th. Original delivery was 9-13 weeks, then updated to June 23-June 30, updated a few days ago to July 31-Aug 20, then updated to September a day or two ago, and mid-afternoon just updated to June 27 - June 30.

The back-n-forth is crazy. What I really want is the VIN so I can get the loan and insurance finalized/set up.

Blue/white, LR, 19" wheels, no tow, Auto Pilot, five-seater.
Man I wish my EDD was that soon. I will never understand how they come up with those. I am picking up in the Chicago area and everything that is going east on a train is going through Chicago. So you would think that would help me get one.

I mean honestly how Model Y orders can they really be receiving on a given week? 😁

I believe you are in KC right? Who told you the car is on-site. We have appointment tomorrow for pickup. They never texted us about it and till Tuesday it was still in-transit. But this morning we got the Chase loan documents stating current odometer mileage as 15 miles. So I am guessing they might have got it on-site.
Yep, pickup is in KC and I was notified via text.

Reactions: ptung07
I have this same issue. I’ve spoken with two SA that said they can’t move the inventory car to my existing order to lock the price because the inventory car is under a new RN. I’d have to cancel and hope nobody else snatches it up.
Consider yourself lucky to have the chance to gamble like that in inventory cars. April and most of May there were no MY's online from Tesla at all. None.
We had our first vin in 4 weeks, then the second vin in 7 weeks, and that MY is in our garage now.
Turns out the original estimate of 9 weeks was the high side, and anything less than that just works fine.
The cost of the gamble, up to you and how patient you are with waiting.
Good luck!

Reactions: und2000
Consider yourself lucky to have the chance to gamble like that in inventory cars. April and most of May there were no MY's online from Tesla at all. None.
We had our first vin in 4 weeks, then the second vin in 7 weeks, and that MY is in our garage now.
Turns out the original estimate of 9 weeks was the high side, and anything less than that just works fine.
The cost of the gamble, up to you and how patient you are with waiting.
Good luck!
Yup at this point I’m just going to let it be. Hindsight not a huge deal. I’ll leave the other one open and see What happens this week.

Just got my car insurance official with the removal of the 2018 Outlander PHEV GT (20,000 miles) and adding the 2021 Model Y AWD (6 miles). Policy includes a 2013 Kia Sorento. I had received an estimated quote a month ago and saw the rate would go up about $200 for exact same coverage. Clearly the MY has a higher cost of replacement. However, to much of my surprise, upon e-signing the official change today, my annual premium went DOWN by $21!

Is this because of all the additional safety features? Even though no radar? The car also worth like $25,000 more. Maybe I'm missing something?

View attachment 674430
$21 good work on keeping that insurance low, i love our tesla insurance in cali really good stuff

There was a slight snag when they wanted me to drive 600+ miles to pick up the car in Colorado Springs (CS). I called the CS dealership and they fixed this for me so now the car will be delivered to my house in southern New Mexico. I have to pay the $750 delivery charge up front which seems perfectly reasonable to me. The store manager at CS texted me they expect the car to arrive Monday 6/21 and have it prepped on Tuesday 6/22.

OTOH, they wanted me to pay for the car 24 hours prior to deliver. I told the nice Tesla person (Alex) that I wanted to wait and pay on delivery. He said he would look into this and get back to me. IMO the order should be:

Delivery date --> insurance --> delivery --> final payment.

We'll see.

ION, I finally got my old car towed to the mechanic. I was so excited about the new Tesla (which I ordered around midnight) that I didn't get to sleep until about 3 AM. I was woken up at 7:30 AM in order to prepare for a tow at 9. But the tow company delayed and delayed until finally towing it around 11 or 11:30. I hope to get the old car back today but since it got to the mechanic so late (I was supposed to drop it off yesterday) I told the mechanic that I could wait over the weekend if necessary.

I felt some stress over these things but for the most part I was able to stay calm. My watchword for this entire process is equanimity. It should be a fun and exciting experience. We shouldn't let our expectations ruin it. Perfect is the enemy of good.

Man I wish my EDD was that soon. I will never understand how they come up with those. I am picking up in the Chicago area and everything that is going east on a train is going through Chicago. So you would think that would help me get one.

I mean honestly how Model Y orders can they really be receiving on a given week? 😁
Well, my wife and I are both expecting the date to change again, and I won't put much stock into any date until I get my VIN and have a delivery date and time set up.

Picked ours up this morning from the Springfield NJ store, no issues with panel gaps, scratches, or anything else. No pictures yet since we took it straight to get PPF/ceramic/tint. Touchless process was fairly easy as we got there 5 minutes before 10am when they opened. There was a line of maybe 20 cars wrapping the side and back of the building for pickup. Ours was the last in line. We filled out the few pages needed and were out of there by 10:09am.

Got this email today, EDD back to July

"Action Required: Complete Your Final Payment
Prioritize your delivery by providing final payment and completing your pre-delivery tasks."

Is this an indication that I will be scheduled a delivery soon? And there is no option to make a payment on my tesla account yet.

Got this email today, EDD back to July

"Action Required: Complete Your Final Payment
Prioritize your delivery by providing final payment and completing your pre-delivery tasks."

Is this an indication that I will be scheduled a delivery soon? And there is no option to make a payment on my tesla account yet.
If you are ready to make the final payment without inspecting your car I can send you my Venmo details to transfer over the money 🤠

• Funny
Reactions: iratre and ajs847