Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s awesome news! Have they scheduled and confirmed your delivery yet or just the updated EDD
This is in NJ. Ordered on 4/27. After delivery hold (because of NJ rebate) released on 7/6; EDD was 7/21-8/7 then yesterday EDD was September. I received Final Payment email today with Tesla Vision Acceptance & VIN (227xxx) - delivery between 7/19-7/25. NJ Rebate is washed for me if I reorder; will see how rebate goes.
thats great news....I have 225xxx VIN for about a week now....so given your EDD and VIN I am hoping to get my car in July...I am in PA.

This is in NJ. Ordered on 4/27. After delivery hold (because of NJ rebate) released on 7/6; EDD was 7/21-8/7 then yesterday EDD was September. I received Final Payment email today with Tesla Vision Acceptance & VIN (227xxx) - delivery between 7/19-7/25. NJ Rebate is washed for me if I reorder; will see how rebate goes.
Well this is concerning... I mean congrats for you but this is another demonstration that my (our) 255xxx VINs are experiencing the same scenario as last go around... 🤬

Oh I meant to include this before... He is awesome at tracking gig Texas and providing real numbers based information. (his Q2 production numbers were only a few hundred off!)
This is just one video where he answers questions like this (you can ask him more!) but he has many others that you might find informative as well

19 burning questions about Tesla - Giga Texas, Giga Nevada, CyberTruck, and SpaceX
Thanks guys, that's all good stuff and pretty much how I've been thinking anyhow. I think I might just push the button and whatever happens, happens. A month or so ago my inclination was to just order it, drive it for three years or so and then upgrade to whatever the status is in 2024 or so. By then the next gen will be sorted out and flowing smoothly and maybe even FSD. Then I started thinking I'd hang on a few months and see what happened. I'm pretty up to speed on the two bills so with the one being retroactive there's a chance of being covered at some point anyhow.

I think I'll just do it, assume delivery wouldn't be until September or October anyhow best case--if Q3 is really already bespoke then maybe even later--and I can always extend later on if something seems truly imminent. It'll be white on white, 19 inch wheels. If somehow it ends up having some of the next gen stuff then maybe a full body wrap and make it the forever car, if not, maybe just the front end and get the forever car in a few years.

Reactions: BitJam
@digitalboi I have the same concern as you. Looking at the tracker there have been some July CA deliveries but nothing else. Until deliveries start happening elsewhere, I’m sceptical about my EDD being anything different than September and the VIN being another placeholder. With that being said, maybe we will get a purple button tonight to accept the Mind of Car FSD update and all will be well with the world.

3. Same thing with a potential reinstatement of the federal tax credit. A credit of potentially $10,000 seems worth waiting for, especially if you would end up with the next gen too.

I put my order in on June 21st. My only hesitation in waiting to order was thinking about that potential tax credit. With the political environment this country is in I've just assumed there will not be another EV credit and moved on. If the credit ends up going through, then it's a bonus. If I end up missing the cut off on the credit, so be it.

Honestly though, I'd be ok with no EV credit on vehicle purchases if it means aggressively investing in the EV infrastructure. More chargers = greater EV adoption = more EV's on the road = lower EV purchase prices.

I put my order in on June 21st. My only hesitation in waiting to order was thinking about that potential tax credit. With the political environment this country is in I've just assumed there will not be another EV credit and moved on. If the credit ends up going through, then it's a bonus. If I end up missing the cut off on the credit, so be it.

Honestly though, I'd be ok with no EV credit on vehicle purchases if it means aggressively investing in the EV infrastructure. More chargers = greater EV adoption = more EV's on the road = lower EV purchase prices.
Pretty much how I felt when I ordered in June.

Reactions: vvkp
for what it's worth I emailed my SA yesterday asking how my ED is looking... his reply: I do believe that delivery estimate is accurate. I do not have any additional information than what you can see in your tesla.com account, but the timing of the estimate fits with the original order estimate and the volume of vehicles we expect to arrive here in the next several weeks.

So what I am taking away from this is that over "SEVERAL" weeks there should be plenty of deliveries occurring.

for what it's worth I emailed my SA yesterday asking how my ED is looking... his reply: I do believe that delivery estimate is accurate. I do not have any additional information than what you can see in your tesla.com account, but the timing of the estimate fits with the original order estimate and the volume of vehicles we expect to arrive here in the next several weeks.

So what I am taking away from this is that over "SEVERAL" weeks there should be plenty of deliveries occurring.
Got the exact same response from the SA manager in MT Kisco, NY.

Reactions: gisseLdesire
New to the site, ordered a Model Y LR (Silver w/ blk interior, 19in wheels) on 6 June, completed my profile same day. Got a really great trade in offer from Tesla for my Explorer initially. My EDD has changed near daily from end of July through Aug/Sept. zero contact from anybody at Tesla throughout the process. The first 30 days came and went and my trade in offer expired, which is reasonable. Resubmitted my odometer, lose $800 off the trade in offer (still better than carmax). What caught my attention is apparently now my EDD is 4-30 Sept, which if that is the case, and this becomes a trend, my car will be near worthless by the time the MY gets delivered. I think i would be less irritated if i had some communication from anybody at Tesla, instead i feel like im in the dark and getting fleeced. Thanks for tolerating my complaining and looking forward to learning more about this with everybody here.

Hoping some of you guys get your cars already.

Especially @digitalboi & mcqueeeen default.

I’m keeping busy just ordering more accessories. for a car I don’t have. 😩

just ordered the Tasmanian mats and the front and rear lip and spoiler. Will definitely get that before the car. Gonna have to take a UHAUL to pick up the car. 😞 my patience is running thin yall.

New to the site, ordered a Model Y LR (Silver w/ blk interior, 19in wheels) on 6 June, completed my profile same day. Got a really great trade in offer from Tesla for my Explorer initially. My EDD has changed near daily from end of July through Aug/Sept. zero contact from anybody at Tesla throughout the process. The first 30 days came and went and my trade in offer expired, which is reasonable. Resubmitted my odometer, lose $800 off the trade in offer (still better than carmax). What caught my attention is apparently now my EDD is 4-30 Sept, which if that is the case, and this becomes a trend, my car will be near worthless by the time the MY gets delivered. I think i would be less irritated if i had some communication from anybody at Tesla, instead i feel like im in the dark and getting fleeced. Thanks for tolerating my complaining and looking forward to learning more about this with everybody here.

For real though, the communication and expectation settings have been bad.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 8.26.27 AM.png

Apparently this applies to EDD as well. Brand consistency and all that...

For real though, the communication and expectation settings have been bad.

View attachment 682923
Apparently this applies to EDD as well. Brand consistency and all that...
For every situation in life, there is a Simpsons meme!

In all seriousness Im trying very hard not to wank about Tesla, its just starting to wear on me and Im on a months worth of leave so i have nothing to do but obsess about this. I am glad im not crazy/the only one.

That's a bummer about the comms. Definitely not my experience. I got multiple texts the day I submitted and several yesterday about my trade in and a friend's referral code. Hoping that piece improves for you.

Reactions: BitJam