Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@digitalboi do you think they are making you wait to make sure you don't have the lumbar on the passenger seat so your husband can't sleep?

like at Tesla headquarters they were like:

"Digitalboi released his hold on their MY, we better remove the lumbar so there is no more sleeping in the passenger seat."

*removes lumbar*

"ok assign a VIN"

*assigns VIN*

"Oh no, take it back, that one has a lumbar......ABORT"

*removes VIN*

"Assign a 255*** VIN those will for sure not have a lumbar in the passenger seat"

So long story short thank your husband for making Tesla remove lumbar on the passenger seats and delaying your delivery 😂

VA here too, Tyco SC, ordered 14 May, no VIN, EDD Sept....EDD is meaningless though
The big difference is that he HAS a VIN (like a handful of us) and has had one for over a week now... this is the first time (I've seen) on this forum for this Q or the previous Q's that a VIN assignment has gotten a generic EDD of the end of Q at the start of a Q... and for more than a mere few hours when they have those odd quirks with the website...

@digitalboi do you think they are making you wait to make sure you don't have the lumbar on the passenger seat so your husband can't sleep?

like at Tesla headquarters they were like:

"Digitalboi released his hold on their MY, we better remove the lumbar so there is no more sleeping in the passenger seat."

*removes lumbar*

"ok assign a VIN"

*assigns VIN*

"Oh no, take it back, that one has a lumbar......ABORT"

*removes VIN*

"Assign a 255*** VIN those will for sure not have a lumbar in the passenger seat"

So long story short thank your husband for making Tesla remove lumbar on the passenger seats and delaying your delivery 😂
ROFL!!! ZOMG thank you for that amazing laugh... and you know what... I would not be surprised if that was reality! #MyLuckSucks

Just got my VIN assigned 230xxx with delivery in about 1.5 weeks.
MYLR white/white, 19, no tow, w/FSD.
Ordered 4/27 but took it off hold middle of June. Lost a VIN as I wasn't able to take delivery before EOQ due to a business trip.
That makes me believe earlier orders get some priority.
WAIT WHAT?! so you have a VIN of 230 and you have an actual delivery date scheduled too??!!!

There are quite a few of us that have early orders that had (and removed) VIN's with new older VINs and still no EDD!

So the majority of us on this thread that have a 255xxx VIN were assigned VIN's in Q2 (some, including muah had delivery appointments scheduled at the SC) only to have the VINs removed. Some because of damage to the car others as a result of the delivery not arriving on time (so they assigned the VIN to a customer closer to the car to make the Q2 delivery cut off).
Most if not all now have VIN's in the 255 range but our EDDs are all showing September... I know for a fact that my car has completed production as the SA confirmed that for me earlier this week. There is just no tracing information on the vehicle starting its way cross country...
So... we are a bit concerned by this as we've been promised VINs already once now to have them removed... now you have an even older VIN AND you have a realistic EDD... makes things even worse
Thanks for details. 255-227=28,000 cars. Tesla delivered 201,250 cars in 2021 Q2. Presuming they made 201,250 in same quarter; they made 2,236 cars a day. So it would have taken Tesla 12 days (28,000/2,236=12.52) to produce both VIN ranges if Tesla's is producing in VIN numeric order. Model Y tracking sheet says July VINs are 224, 225, 228 & 255 - not many reported yet though.

WAIT WHAT?! so you have a VIN of 230 and you have an actual delivery date scheduled too??!!!

There are quite a few of us that have early orders that had (and removed) VIN's with new older VINs and still no EDD!
Just got an update from SA that my VIN 225xxx is coming out of factory as we speak but it has not left factory. Which is why he does not have more accurate ETA for me...so sounds like the September EDD might just be a place holder until more accurate ETA...finger crossed!!!!
But folks here with 230xxx VIN already have more accurate EDD so who really knows

VINless in San Antonio.

Ordered 6/5, EDD July 20-Aug 3.

Just chilliaxing as much as I can. Daughter goes back to school mid-Aug, so really hoping my MY comes in before then so I don't have to play soccer mom. Tough for me to do as a dude. I work from home which makes it easier, but still.

Make with the car already.
hang in there amigo, 14 May here, still no VIN, nothing...just prayers

Reactions: BitJam and Ryano90
OK so new update: the SA responded to me and stated that the current info shows it leaving CA on 7/11 and a projected DD of 7/26. Once again no idea why its been sitting there for almost a week now after production... All still seeming VERY familiar... Unless it ships out earlier than 7/11 we won't schedule delivery until then so we know its on the way. Again this is all so eerily familiar that I can't help but think there is yet more drama in-store...

OK so new update: the SA responded to me and stated that the current info shows it leaving CA on 7/11 and a projected DD of 7/26. Once again no idea why its been sitting there for almost a week now after production... All still seeming VERY familiar... Unless it ships out earlier than 7/11 we won't schedule delivery until then so we know its on the way. Again this is all so eerily familiar that I can't help but think there is yet more drama in-store...
Hopefully not - you’ve had your fair share of drama!