Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is there might be MYLR's out of Fremont with front and rear castings (rear is is already in use) but not the 4680. I don't think 4680 would go without the structural pack and the structural pack won't go with 2170.
I wouldn't hope on new battery tech out of Fremont but I'm down for a surprise

Even just the front and rear castings would go a long way to fixing trim and gap issues, and I think the car would be a bit lighter and a bit stiffer.
I wanted to jump on the casting conversation but wanted to quote a couples for context since a new page started.

Won’t the new castings make battery swaps a lot easy and therefore cheaper as well? Not that battery swaps happen a lot in Tesla’s but may be nice thing, because say after 5 years or something you see some degradation and they have even better batteries, to just do a swap for 5k (random # I have no idea how much it would really be) or something rather than going with a brand new car. Because I know that if I love the car and everything is still good, I would rather just do a swap.

I wanted to jump on the casting conversation but wanted to quote a couples for context since a new page started.

Won’t the new castings make battery swaps a lot easy and therefore cheaper as well? Not that battery swaps happen a lot in Tesla’s but may be nice thing, because say after 5 years or something you see some degradation and they have even better batteries, to just do a swap for 5k (random # I have no idea how much it would really be) or something rather than going with a brand new car. Because I know that if I love the car and everything is still good, I would rather just do a swap.
I feel like it will make it nearly impossible as it is part of the structure. The car would bend if it's on a hoist and you remove a part of the structure.
Tesla wants to have the battery pack last 1m miles and at that point, the rest of the car probably already falls apart as well.
But I don't think we should go too far away from the original topic which is EDD haha

117FE242-3C21-4295-BFF4-CFD3B791FBD7.jpeg

😢

My guess is there might be MYLR's out of Fremont with front and rear castings (rear is is already in use) but not the 4680. I don't think 4680 would go without the structural pack and the structural pack won't go with 2170.
I wouldn't hope on new battery tech out of Fremont but I'm down for a surprise
So on Reddit it seems pretty confirmed those are the batteries for the new S, not the 4680. So I wouldn’t put much stock in that.

Profile completed 06/30, bog standard Y, white-black-19s-5seat-no tow-no FSD.

Was sitting at August 27th to September 16, Now at Sep 2 to Sep 22. *sigh*

Also, if anyone knows how I can create a signature, I am all ears. I can't find that setting *anywhere*. I hope it's obvious and I'm just being dense lol
I think you have to go into your profile and then signature is an option on the left.