Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's wild how your EDD is so different even though you only ordered a day after me. I can only guess that they're working Blue MYs right now after seeing my VIN come through as well as a few other blue orders

😭 fingers crossed your dates come through sooner than expected!!
When Tesla works on a specific color such as blue, does that mean all orders with the color blue will be made? For example, my order was placed July 04 - MYLR blue, white interior, does this mean all blue cars are made at the same time blue cars regardless of ordered June or July, configuration such as 5 seats vs. 7 seater, etc.?

I have a quick question. I recently had an appointment that replaced my 3rd seats. Anyway, now in the screen and on the Tesla app, the 3rd row does not show at all. I reached out to the SC and they said this is normal. However, I could have sworn I saw the on-screen option to turn heated seats on the 3rd row (of course, for this they also show on the screen).

Can anybody with a MY 7-seater confirm whether they see 3rd in the app? If so, do you have the heating option showing for the 3rd row?

I cannot find anywhere online to confirm or deny whether the 3rd row is heated or not.

Currently, this is what shows for me. Looks like I have a 5 seater
almost 100% sure there is no heated seat option for the 3rd row on the MY

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hello all new here and joining the wait. Ordered my MYLR white on 7/6 in Las Vegas. Initially showed delivery on 09/11-9/26 after 2 days delivery moved to 9/15-9/30. Another day does by and delivery moved to 7/29-08/13 and finally today I have an EDD of 7/15-7/28.
Interesting - I ordered a white MYLR on 5/19 in Las Vegas, and my EDD just updated this morning to 7/15-8/03

Reactions: und2000
it's wild how your EDD is so different even though you only ordered a day after me. I can only guess that they're working Blue MYs right now after seeing my VIN come through as well as a few other blue orders

😭 fingers crossed your dates come through sooner than expected!!
As a bonafide, card-carrying Blue, I like this post.

Ordered 6/5, EDD showing 7/30-8/19.

Not sure if that is sarcasm or a legit answer. I mean I know that's the million dollar question of "how fast are these built" and "when do I get mine", but I mean has Tesla provided any briefs or any news reports that talked about how long the general assembly line takes for a vehicle.

Assembly i assume is relatively short compared to how long it takes to determine logistics. Watch the tesla freemont flyover videos, you can see gigantic parking lots of cars sitting assembled and then their logistics lots are usually empty and only have a few lines of cars prepped for truck/ train loads.

Last edited:
Assembly i assume is relatively short compared to how long it takes to determine logistics. Watch the tesla freemont flyover videos, you can see gigantic parking lots of cars sitting assembled and then their logistics lots are usually empty and only have a few lines of cars prepped for truck/ train loads.
I have watched numerous videos on the production. 48 hours is the legitimate answer.

Reactions: Ryano90 and JR9386
If MY does come with Biohazard mode, does that mean the filters are different or any different physical hardware? Feels like just a software enablement?

I ordered on 6/1 and the ED bounced around a ton and settled on "October" now. Hoping they can ship one to Michigan by September!
Different equipment, not just a software change. It uses a larger filter and that also requires other changes to allow space for it.

Not sure if that is sarcasm or a legit answer. I mean I know that's the million dollar question of "how fast are these built" and "when do I get mine", but I mean has Tesla provided any briefs or any news reports that talked about how long the general assembly line takes for a vehicle.
I don't know if 48 hours is correct, but based on math: they produced 204,081 Model 3/Y last quarter. There were 91 days in the quarter, so the produced approximately 2,242 Model 3/Y per day. Since they don't breakout production numbers, we have to guess from here. I'm guessing there were more Model Y's than 3's produced at maybe a 55:45 ratio. So let's just say 1200 Model Y per day. That works out to 50 per hour. I still don't know how to get from here to how long it takes to produce one though! But at 50 per hour, if it takes 48 hours, then there are around 2,400 "in production" at any one time.

Watching the flyover, I assumed majority of Teslas were white as that's what I see the most on the road but it seemed like there are alot of MSM and black ones sitting in the lots.

Reactions: ajs847