Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody knows how long it takes for the train from California to Chicago? I believe Tesla ships with UP to Chicago.
My SA pinged my car on Monday in Nevada and today it's still on the way to Chicago.
If I use my favorite search engine it tells me less than 3 days from CA to Chicago, but that is probably without any stops...
This is true. I spoke to my SA, he said my car will arrive at a hub in Chicago before it gets to me in Columbus, OH. Delivery date is July 25th & he said I could be getting it sooner than that.

yeah same here, we sold my husbands F150 Harley 2012 a bit over a month ago now I think... its been challenging at times but when you get 30k for an old beat up truck how can you possibly walk away from that!
Heh - I just sold a BRAND NEW 2020 Ram1500 Limited for 5K more than I bought it for in January, including payments. That's never gonna happen again, so I am the 'bum a ride guy' until August 25th-ish (maybe, EDD all over the board like everyone) - but its worth it and the giant payment is gone so I am willing to accept the inconvenience. Good luck to us all.

• Funny
Reactions: digitalboi
My biggest concern with the shared Tesla Superchargers is that in periods of congestion it will only make things worse. I'm okay with them getting used when there are lots available, but if there is < 10% of the chargers available then they should only be able to be used by Tesla vehicles. Even if the first 90% are non-Tesla.

I recall videos of the line of cars at the Madonna Ranch supercharger station on 101 a couple years back that made me sick. That would have been grounds for divorce if I was stuck in that line with the family in the car. No way. Once we have more chargers around (as many as gas stations) then open them up.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Just had this pop up. Another step closer to delivery. Wonder what the agreements are.

Attachments

• 22401B2F-7054-4399-B36D-3EB6CDE91FBD.png
    22401B2F-7054-4399-B36D-3EB6CDE91FBD.png
    238 KB · Views: 177
So here's what's happened since I received the car on 6/24.

Week 1: PPF - Xpel Ultimate Plus. Partial hood, full front bumper, all doors edge guards, rocker panels front to back, rear splash areas, lights, mirrors.
Tint - Xpel Ceramic XR+. Windows & rear 35%, Roof & Windshield 70%
Ceramic Coating - Xpel Fusion full vehicle including wheels.
Xpel Dallas corporate location did a good job.

Week 2: RPM Tesla accessories - Rim savers (not so good), mud flaps (highly recommend), trunk sill plate covers (good), rear air vent covers (crap).
Tesmanian - Full mat set (decent, not as good as all-weather mats I've used before with Sonata/Avalon/CRV/Infiniti), performance foot pedals (good), jack pads (they do their job).
Abstract Ocean - Roof noise reduction kit (I think it works, placebo effect??), second row seat back covers (highly recommend for anyone with pets).
Amazon - Spigen tempered glass protector matte (highly recommend), Luumtee 2 piece front & arm console organizers (good), Tescamp headrest pillow white (highly recommend for comfort as well as keeping headrest clean if you have oily skin/hair), KMMotors arm console cover diamond black (good), basenor door latch covers (good).

Week 3: Texas Tax - Tesla paperwork arrived, took about 15 minutes to pay the tax at the local tax assessor office, got permanent plates, and 1yr inspection sticker. $4600+ ouch! Had ordered a custom plate 2 weeks ago but it's yet to arrive. Can't wait for that, my first splurge on a plate given that regular plates in TX are lifetime. Hopefully it makes people chuckle and reduces their likelihood to road rage.
Tesla Service Appointments - two mobile visits so far. One to clean the interior lining in several spots that were dirty at point of delivery, second to swap out the key cards that were warped at time of delivery as well. Both were treated as warranty items and the techs were on time & super courteous.

View attachment 685079
What was not so good about the rim savers? I purchased a set and was going to install on MY I take delivery of this Sunday.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I got the VIN today, my SA not responding yet to my emails,
My account says: "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery".
Definitely I am not going to pay before seeing the vehicle...
I have approved loan from DCU. What are my next steps.
Get the Check from DCU and give it to Tesla on delivery date.
If you have signed loan paperwork via Docusign then next step is for DCU to send payment. I had the option for DCU to send me the check or for them to send directly to Tesla. I opted for it to be sent to me and I will hand to delivery centre once I’ve inspected the vehicle.

What was not so good about the rim savers? I purchased a set and was going to install on MY I take delivery of this Sunday.
For one they are not that good quality, I highly doubt they will actually protect the rim. Only one way to know but obviously I’m not going to try deliberately lol. Second, I had a bad first batch where the adhesive was severely lacking in certain segments. RPM tried to wash their hands off it first saying it’s a bad install on my part and when I pushed back they said “hey we are just a reseller, take it up with manufacturer”. I said great, please honor the 30-day satisfaction guarantee then. Magically then they were able to ship a replacement lol. Third they tend to start peeling off above 80mph, and in Texas certain roads legal limit is 85mph so yeah that’s causing issues too. I’ll keep them on until they start coming off on a big enough portion that might flap and hurt the car body.

If you have signed loan paperwork via Docusign then next step is for DCU to send payment. I had the option for DCU to send me the check or for them to send directly to Tesla. I opted for it to be sent to me and I will hand to delivery centre once I’ve inspected the vehicle.
I'm also thinking about DCU loan. Previously they used to ask for vehicle purchase order to approve loan. What document is that for Tesla? How soon will tesla provide this so we can get the check?

I'm also thinking about DCU loan. Previously they used to ask for vehicle purchase order to approve loan. What document is that for Tesla? How soon will tesla provide this so we can get the check?
Mvpa should be on your Tesla account if you have a VIN assigned. I started the process using the order agreement once VIN was assigned, then sent them mvpa as soon as it showed up in my account.

Okay, here is a data point for the record. I just spoke with Tesla by phone and the agent was able to confirm the following for my Model Y:

(1) MYLR, 5 seat/white/white
(2) Delivery 7/22 Paramus NJ
(3) VIN 228xxx
(4) Build date 7/8
(5) HEPA Filter included YES!
(6) No PPP / No mud flaps.
VIN (and build) TWINS :p

And very helpful thanks!

Last edited: