Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's what's happened since I received the car on 6/24.

Week 1: PPF - Xpel Ultimate Plus. Partial hood, full front bumper, all doors edge guards, rocker panels front to back, rear splash areas, lights, mirrors.
Tint - Xpel Ceramic XR+. Windows & rear 35%, Roof & Windshield 70%
Ceramic Coating - Xpel Fusion full vehicle including wheels.
Xpel Dallas corporate location did a good job.

Week 2: RPM Tesla accessories - Rim savers (not so good), mud flaps (highly recommend), trunk sill plate covers (good), rear air vent covers (crap).
Tesmanian - Full mat set (decent, not as good as all-weather mats I've used before with Sonata/Avalon/CRV/Infiniti), performance foot pedals (good), jack pads (they do their job).
Abstract Ocean - Roof noise reduction kit (I think it works, placebo effect??), second row seat back covers (highly recommend for anyone with pets).
Amazon - Spigen tempered glass protector matte (highly recommend), Luumtee 2 piece front & arm console organizers (good), Tescamp headrest pillow white (highly recommend for comfort as well as keeping headrest clean if you have oily skin/hair), KMMotors arm console cover diamond black (good), basenor door latch covers (good).

Week 3: Texas Tax - Tesla paperwork arrived, took about 15 minutes to pay the tax at the local tax assessor office, got permanent plates, and 1yr inspection sticker. $4600+ ouch! Had ordered a custom plate 2 weeks ago but it's yet to arrive. Can't wait for that, my first splurge on a plate given that regular plates in TX are lifetime. Hopefully it makes people chuckle and reduces their likelihood to road rage.
Tesla Service Appointments - two mobile visits so far. One to clean the interior lining in several spots that were dirty at point of delivery, second to swap out the key cards that were warped at time of delivery as well. Both were treated as warranty items and the techs were on time & super courteous.

View attachment 685079
Love ALL of this! I was curious why your tax was so much higher than mine but then saw you added red paint as well. I calcuated that my taxes will be around $3,200 (which really is still not something to celebrate paying out of pocket haha).

And I too splurged on a vanity plate! First time ever! Will you have to go back to the DoT to "activate" the new plates? I hope mine are here by the time my paperwork arrives, so I can do it all at the same time.

Thank you for sharing!
1626472835263.png

Love ALL of this! I was curious why your tax was so much higher than mine but then saw you added red paint as well. I calcuated that my taxes will be around $3,200 (which really is still not something to celebrate paying out of pocket haha).

And I too splurged on a vanity plate! First time ever! Will you have to go back to the DoT to "activate" the new plates? I hope mine are here by the time my paperwork arrives, so I can do it all at the same time.

Thank you for sharing!
View attachment 685145
Love it, though M on a Texas plate?? Tsk tsk, I’m a Longhorn!!! Red paint only adds about $125 extra on taxes, something else is causing the bigger difference. I have FSD, white seats, 20” inductions and didn’t have a trade in. Not DoT, the plates are sent to the local county tax assessor & collector office which handles certain tasks for DMV like titles, registrations etc. DoT, DPS, DMV, TAC are all different entities. Ideally you want vanity plates to show up after you have received your actual plates, will make the transaction smoother because the vanity plate has to be linked to your vehicle and previous plate. The county clerk was glad I didn’t have vanity plates show up before taking care of tax and the regular plates. Something about how the systems take 1-2 days for the data to sync up everywhere.

Last edited:
Who else is seeing more MY’s ever since they placed there order?.. I barely saw them before but ever since we placed our order not a single day passes we dont see a bunch of them everywhere lol
Yep i am, quite annoying lol as before I felt as though I would have been the only one in Las Vegas who had one (was seeing loads of M3's by no Y's), now i'm seeing them everywhere!!

Reactions: MrGoku and und2000
Who else is seeing more MY’s ever since they placed there order?.. I barely saw them before but ever since we placed our order not a single day passes we dont see a bunch of them everywhere lol
Part of this is its increase in popularity, and part of it is the ol’ frequency illusion. Essentially once you own something or have a meaningful connection to something, you’ll notice it more. Now that we’ve all picked out our Model Ys and are anxiously waiting, we’re naturally on the lookout for more of them in the wild whereas before we did, they just didn’t catch our eye. My VP of Sales has had a MYP since last year. I literally didn’t realize it until two weeks ago.

Reactions: und2000
Yup!! I drive the 5 freeway to work everyday and have been seeing more Tesla delivery trucks and it makes it even harder for me lol. About to pull a Fast and Furious and just pluck one off the truck 😂

• Funny
Reactions: MrGoku

Thank you for sharing!
View attachment 685145
Funny, I calculated my taxes to be about $3600. Oh and I got my vanity plates too! :p :p:p:p:p

1626475869234.png

Has anyone that hasn't gotten a VIN check the source code on the page to see if its there?
1.Go to the page that shows your EDD
2.Right click and select view page source
3.CTRL + F and find "VIN". Include the quotation marks.
There should be 19 results and the 18th one should show the VIN. Some websites suggest that you are assigned a VIN cannot see it until production is complete. Doesn't change anything but its fun to see.

Has anyone that hasn't gotten a VIN check the source code on the page to see if its there?
1.Go to the page that shows your EDD
2.Right click and select view page source
3.CTRL + F and find "VIN". Include the quotation marks.
There should be 19 results and the 18th one should show the VIN. Some websites suggest that you are assigned a VIN cannot see it until production is complete. Doesn't change anything but its fun to see.
Just tried this. All it says is “vin”:null, lol.

Reactions: Bratta718

Thank you for sharing!
View attachment 685145
Wow, you guys in Texas have to pay your taxes upfront? That’s ugly!

Reactions: iratre