Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone that hasn't gotten a VIN check the source code on the page to see if its there?
1.Go to the page that shows your EDD
2.Right click and select view page source
3.CTRL + F and find "VIN". Include the quotation marks.
There should be 19 results and the 18th one should show the VIN. Some websites suggest that you are assigned a VIN cannot see it until production is complete. Doesn't change anything but its fun to see.
you can also search for 5YJ to get the VIN.

Reactions: tsam23 and mikef85
Love it, though M on a Texas plate?? Tsk tsk, I’m a Longhorn!!! Red paint only adds about $125 extra on taxes, something else is causing the bigger difference. I have FSD, white seats, 20” inductions and didn’t have a trade in. Not DoT, the plates are sent to the local county tax assessor & collector office which handles certain tasks for DMV like titles, registrations etc. DoT, DPS, DMV, TAC are all different entities. Ideally you want vanity plates to show up after you have received your actual plates, will make the transaction smoother because the vanity plate has to be linked to your vehicle and previous plate. The county clerk was glad I didn’t have vanity plates show up before taking care of tax and the regular plates. Something about how the systems take 1-2 days for the data to sync up everywhere.
Haha you'll have to forgive me, my Michigander is showing. And yes that explains it, it't the FSD that I overlooked initially. That makes way more sense now, especially seeing that aside from the paint, our builds are identical. That's the ticket.

Fair enough! This is extremely helpful, and am glad. I purchased the plates today, so 3-4 weeks from now I should expect both them and the Tesla paperwork for my taxes and registration to be paid and completed.

Thanks Aditgarg!

Quick Question: For those of you who have accepted delivery, (if you aren't out driving your beautiful MY right now that is) is the address displayed underneath your delivery date where the car will be delivered?

Because currently it's displaying my address and I originally selected the SC in the Domain area near me in Austin.

Yeah, but I'd rather do that on the rare occurrence that I need to purchase a new vehicle, as opposed to having income tax come out of every single check. It's not all bad in the Lone Star State.
Hah, got me on that one plus I am in the most overtaxed state in the union! Although no tax on EV’s though, which is one of the reasons I am here.

Wow, you guys in Texas have to pay your taxes upfront? That’s ugly!
Not upfront, within 30 days after delivery. Several financial institutions allow 110% of car value to be financed for that reason. For my situation I could have paid all cash for the car, but at 1.24% it’s a no brainer to keep money in your pocket and use the loan to help get the credit score get a few last points before reaching perfect score. So I chose 60% cash, 40% finance. That way revolving obligations are minimized as well incase I end up needing to use some of the available credit worthiness towards a second property or another investment asset.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I took a test drive in a MY about 2 months ago. Today I finally got the wife to go for a test drive. I am retired so I lots of time, she works full time so is very busy. She was hesitant and not all that thrilled, but said she would give it an honest eval... 2 hours later we paid $100 down for a Blue Long range Model Y. Due in October.
Test driving a Model Y brought back the thrilling feeling of when i got my first car in high school lol.. Plus Tesla makes all other cars dumb.