Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably gonna do a little research to see how different the charging speeds are with the 14-50 vs the wall connector
Not enough to justify the price IMO. I installed a 50 amp breaker and a 14-50 in my garage when I got my M3 last year and it charges around 34 miles of range per hour which is more than enough for overnight charging. The wall charger I think is in the low 40s. Wasn’t worth the price for me, but everyone has different opinions on that of course. I’ve had my M3 for about 15 months now and have never had an issue with the speed of the 14-50.

Not enough to justify the price IMO. I installed a 50 amp breaker and a 14-50 in my garage when I got my M3 last year and it charges around 34 miles of range per hour which is more than enough for overnight charging. The wall charger I think is in the low 40s. Wasn’t worth the price for me, but everyone has different opinions on that of course. I’ve had my M3 for about 15 months now and have never had an issue with the speed of the 14-50.
Agreed. Over the last several years, my 50 amp 240v receptacles have charged my Model X and Model 3 more than adequately at 20-35 mph.

Reactions: GoGators!
+1

A 14-50 outlet (or a few) in the right places is all you need. The mobile charger is plenty fast that way. 1+ year and never had any issues with too low charging speed for driving needs. I got the fixed 14-50 mobile charger for home use (such that i can leave the mobile charger in the car) as it puts out a few amps extra but not required. Also, the 14-50 can be used for other EVs (friends/family) so more versatile than fixed install versions.

Reactions: Yankees
Does the wall connector need to be wired to circuit breaker or can it just plug into the 14-50?
A wall connector and any EVSC or cable needs to plug into a receptacle (which is connected to an electrical circuit/panel) or be hard-wired into an electrical circuit/panel. There must be a circuit breaker on the circuit to protect against short circuits, overload, overheating, fire and other hazards.

Probably gonna do a little research to see how different the charging speeds are with the 14-50 vs the wall connector
charging speeds aren't that different. may be 5-10 miles per hour difference between 14-50 and wall charger. For me, if I use 14-50, I have to buy another mobile connector to keep in my car for emergency use. Second connector is around 275 and wall charger is 500. After federal and state rebates I'm just paying less than 100$ for whole installation and equipment. So, it's well worth for my money.

Reactions: KJD and und2000
A wall connector and any EVSC or cable needs to plug into a receptacle (which is connected to an electrical circuit/panel) or be hard-wired into an electrical circuit/panel. There must be a circuit breaker on the circuit to protect against short circuits, overload, overheating, fire and other hazards.
Wooow. So having an electrician install a 14-50 outlet is pointless since I ordered the wall connector? Also can I move with the wall connector because I’m installing in a house I am renting.

Got my VIN today!!!!

VIN: 228,544

Order placed: May 26, 2021
EDD was all over the place (as early as June 6 and as late as September).
EDD this morning: July 26-August 10 - no Teslavision, no VIN

Got a call from Tesla at noon telling me that they matched me to a car and I can pick it up anytime today, Monday or Tuesday. I have to wait until Monday because I won't have my insurance squared away until then.

Also, right after I got the VIN, I switched my payment from cash to finance and applied for partial financing (less than half of the purchase price). I was approved right away with the same interest rate as my local CU.

Got my VIN today!!!!

Got a call from Tesla at noon telling me that they matched me to a car and I can pick it up anytime today, Monday or Tuesday. I have to wait until Monday because I won't have my insurance squared away until then.

Also, right after I got the VIN, I switched my payment from cash to finance and applied for partial financing (less than half of the purchase price). I was approved right away with the same interest rate as my local CU.
Congrats friend, I'm hoping for a surprise like this as well in the next few weeks.

Same exact configuration, SoCal area too. Called my SA yesterday and she said that my EDD window July 9-28 shows it'll be more like July 15-16. I don't believe anything they say anymore tbh, I ordered 4/30 lol. So incredibly unacceptable. Meanwhile there's people on the east coast that have been getting their MYLR 2-4 weeks after order. Almost 10 weeks and no VIN here smh
For real??! People on east cost getting their can in just 2-4 weeks? Why??

Got my VIN today!!!!

Congratulations! Thank you for mentioning all the details! It gives me hope 🤞

Side note - I remember seeing discussion about this I don’t know…40 or 50 pages ago. Whether or not the rear seats were heated on a 7 seater. I was watching a BTG video and noticed this when he was showing something on his app and took a screenshot. It doesn’t show the back row seats, but definitely shows the option to turn on seat heaters back there…pretty cool - I was not aware the back row was heated!
And the basically useless 7 seater can get heated seats but still no cooled seat option. Priorities...

Reactions: GoGators!
Charge speeds are listed on this page.
I bought the wall connector so that I could leave the portable in the back of the car. More options for road trips off the supercharger grid. ;)