Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I placed an order for a MY LR (white exterior, black interior, tow hitch, induction tires, no FSD) in mid June and have a late august - mid September EDD. Im thinking of editing my order and changing the color from white to black (everything else remains the same). Has anyone done something like this? Will I be pushed back to the end of the line and end up with a much later EDD?

I've called every day since Monday and told each rep I spoke to. Spoke to one agent today who suggested I should wait until Friday after noon to see if it shows. After reminding him that my pickup is scheduled for Monday. Waiting till Friday could be problematic, especially if they have to mail a check for Tesla. was on hold for about 5 mins then he came back with "There is a case open with the documentation team and they should clear it by tomorrow"
Try contacting your SA. I called tesla where i test drove, some random guy picked the call, and he updated it for me.

you can’t pay until you get the vin. at least that option didn’t come up for me until i got the vin.
I had a feeling that was the case. I'm in such a weird high stakes situation. Won a free car but the company I won it through detailed very specifically that you must have the MVPA by August 31st for them to pay it for their fiscal numbers. No problem since I ordered the Model X refresh February 13th right...but nope..then my SA calls me June 3rd and says time to go to plan B because the X refresh won't be delivered by August 31st. So I immediately order the model Y on June 4. MYLR, Blue/White/ 19" / No Tow/ NO FSD. And now I am in a weird spot as my EDD says August 14th - Sept 3rd. But the company I won the car through said I don't necessarily need to take delivery by August 31st. They just NEED the MVPA by August 31st to be able to pay it in that month.

On sixth day of October EDD for May 11 order
Same here for a May 7th order. I’m happy others are getting their deliveries, but it doesn’t seem fair that the system lets older orders languish. When I went to a gallery the other day they told me when I ordered it was 3-13 weeks at the time of order. I don’t recall that. I remember 5-8 weeks. Regardless, I should be given delivery before folks who ordered this quarter.

I feel this is like a delayed flight, where an airline would rather get an on time departure to keep their stats and punish the already delayed flight.

If I'm not wrong, if your first date is pushing out one day or so at a time and your second date is staying the same, it means you are close. You should see a VIN anytime soon.
I hope that's true... It happened again today.
Another day, another day.
May 8th order, EDD now at Aug 6-Aug 21. Early date pushed another day, end date stayed the same.

I had a feeling that was the case. I'm in such a weird high stakes situation. Won a free car but the company I won it through detailed very specifically that you must have the MVPA by August 31st for them to pay it for their fiscal numbers. No problem since I ordered the Model X refresh February 13th right...but nope..then my SA calls me June 3rd and says time to go to plan B because the X refresh won't be delivered by August 31st. So I immediately order the model Y on June 4. MYLR, Blue/White/ 19" / No Tow/ NO FSD. And now I am in a weird spot as my EDD says August 14th - Sept 3rd. But the company I won the car through said I don't necessarily need to take delivery by August 31st. They just NEED the MVPA by August 31st to be able to pay it in that month.
MYLR with that order date does seem a bit stressful for your required timing. MYP would likely be the only Tesla product you would get before August 31st. I'd keep my eyes out for an inventory car. It also wouldn't hurt to look for other products to have in your back pocket, should you not want to lose your opportunity.

Reactions: RatsFPV