Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon Josh,

Once upon a time I was like you. And then I received the "delightful" alphanumeric number. You would think that would be cause for celebration but sadly it has only made things worse. I received my VIN after 2+ months of waiting/checking and now there are 2+ weeks until "D" day. It's horrifying, I check minute by minute to ensure I've not lost it all...
If there are delays in the shipment - will they take away my VIN?
Financing expired and had to reset it all - will they take away my VIN?
Trade in complications - had to call SC several times to clear it up, I may have been annoying - will they take away my VIN?
I uploaded insurance info right after getting the button...but it won't let me submit so I'm going to have to call them again - will they take away my VIN?
If some influencer or celebrity with my same specs complains to Elon - will they take away my VIN?
Should they read this post - will they take away my VIN?
For God only knows what reason will they take away my VIN?!!!

So be prepared once you receive your VIN - it's hell.
There's this big old boat that you are in, and it appears that I am in the same exact boat!
You would think getting a VIN would end the agony, but it seems to have only made it worse.
You would think once you get that magical "blue button" you could move on with your life.
But no, there are more blue buttons!!! I want to push that last blue button, but I cannot.
I must wait. Sunday at noon, delivery day. Will the button let me push it at noon on Saturday?
What if noon comes and goes and I cannot push the button?
Will I even be able to sleep Saturday night?

1626981885740.png

Uh my SA is even less helpful. I reached out yesterday and all I got was "I do not have any additional information beyond your EDD". *sigh*
Exactly, so either they have SAs that are telling the full story and leaving customers in the dark or they are setting unreal expectations and setting people up with frustrating and unhappiness. In both situations it isn't a good customer experience. If they were like " your EDD is 9/1-9/20 and we will call you if we are able to match you with a car sooner" and the EDD never moved and I received a car in that timeframe, I would be OK with that, they set the expectation and met the expectation. They continually change the expectation whenever they wanted.

And this doesn't even touch on the topic of assigning a car and then removing that car...the fact that Tesla is ok with that, hurts.

I'm told you'll likely be charged for a home delivery. It will be added to your total due. Correct me if I'm wrong guys...
I don't believe so. If they change it from a DC pick up to Home Delivery, they will just deliver and there is no fee from everything I have seen (no complaints from others). This is for their convenience and not yours. They should not be charging.

Reactions: iratre
I wish I could tell you that it gets easier. I have a 10 am appointment tomorrow to pick it up and it is stuck in the train yard. My SA said that there might be a chance that I would get it today, so I slept about 3 hours last night. Since I have an appointment tomorrow I am sure that I will get even less sleep. My wife has already informed me that I will be sleeping in another room tonight. :)
That is so disappointing and even less reassuring because the SA's will always say one thing and then change it as if they never said anything in the first place. No remorse, and even less information.

I likely will be put out of the bedroom as my partner has a acute sensitivity to bright lights (i.e. Tesla Account on my iPhone and Tesla Motors Club Forums on my iPad)

Where is everyone finding these SAs that give them build date estimates? All I get is "oh it looks like your 7/15-8/4 EDD is accurate, it looks like it will be built around mid July so you will have a VIN around then and a delivery after that" then a week later "your EDD of 8/4-8/24 is accurate the you will receive your car before 8/15" I am sure if I reached out now I will get an answer of "oh yeah your 8/15-9/4 estimate is right you should receive a VIN around the 20th"

So either the people I talk to are full of crap and actually see a build date like everyone else's SA and are just not telling me. Or everyone else's SA is clueless and just telling you dates to get you through the next week. Either way Tesla has a problem with conveying information to people who have orders. I really feel for the April and May orders who are still, the people who have had multiple VINs or people trying to time a sale, trade or lease. Sooo much different information out there and changing dates, you can't trust anything until you have the key cards. All the rest that you hear or see, you have to take with a grain of salt.
That's basically what I've noticed with my SA as well. Never terribly confident with the dates they give me because they keep getting pushed out. I'm one of those April orders and I'm getting pretty impatient, lol.

There's this big old boat that you are in, and it appears that I am in the same exact boat!
You would think getting a VIN would end the agony, but it seems to have only made it worse.
You would think once you get that magical "blue button" you could move on with your life.
But no, there are more blue buttons!!! I want to push that last blue button, but I cannot.
I must wait. Sunday at noon, delivery day. Will the button let me push it at noon on Saturday?
What if noon comes and goes and I cannot push the button?
Will I even be able to sleep Saturday night?

View attachment 686988
SOMEONE LIE TO US AND TELL US "IT'LL BE FINE!"

DAMMIT! #%^@!

For those of you fortunate enough to have received the blue button and/or ViN, can you share a screenshot of where this is shown?

I refresh literally hundreds of times a day, on my phone, and literally haven’t closed out of this forum or the Tesla order screen since ordering. Would be helpful to see exactly where this magical button and VIN will appear😍
It looks like this. When you go to your account, then click the "manage" button under your reservation, it will be on the next screen.
After clicking on it, you will be taken to the page for your reservation and info.

1626982233981.png

It will then look like this.

1626982442866.png

Okay, called them today. They said to their system says between 8/14 and 8/24 (online says 8/8 - 8/28). According to him, he's never seen his estimates be wrong. Just having that security makes me feel better, like I can stop checking a hundred times a day.

Ordered 5/27, near Seattle, WA, MY7LR MSM, no other extras.

Reactions: iratre
My name is Josh, and I have a problem.

My EDD has remained consistent for the last 3 Days (9 -29 Sept). I was doing decent enough at not checking as much, but i couldnt help myself today.

You see, today was the day the SA said that my MY was supposed to start being built. I figured that maybe today was the day I see a beautiful blue button? Maybe a delightful alphanumeric code as well?

So far, there has been no change - but i feel like if i keep hitting refresh every 10 minutes it will magically appear.

I know that I shouldnt.

It will not stop me from doing it though.
Hello Josh,

I feel your pain
My EDD is sitting at October for the past few days. I talked to my SA and he told me not to put faith in that and I should see something next week.
I still refresh everyday and visit these forums.
I am truly happy for those that have the infamous Blue Button of joy and would love to see mine soon.
But if I'm also honest with myself, it feels like a kick to the "sugar" when you see orders placed after yours across the country, delivered.

Okay, called them today. They said to their system says between 8/14 and 8/24 (online says 8/8 - 8/28). According to him, he's never seen his estimates be wrong. Just having that security makes me feel better, like I can stop checking a hundred times a day.

Ordered 5/27, near Seattle, WA, MY7LR MSM, no other extras.
My person said 8/20. I don't like her response, so I'm just going to keep checking my account page every 5 minutes to see if she's wrong.

Thanks for the tip. Mine is right down the street from me so I'll have to try this. Been stuck on October for the past few days.

MY LR | Exterior Blue | Interior Black | Wheels 19" | Seats 7 | FSD No | Tow Yes
Ordered 5/15 | Original EDD 4-14 weeks | Pickup Lynnwood WA
Current EDD 6/18-6/30, September, 7/18-8/7, September, 7/19-8/5, October
Just provided an update. I did drive down to my local Tesla and their internal system says 8/4-8/6 and that I should expect a text from them any day now... even though the website still shows EDD of October.

Reactions: Hangover and Clown
So Tesla forces the customer to pick a time in a 3 day window or they give your car away but they will not necessarily meet the appointment from their POV. I scheduled my appointment for pickup tomorrow at 10. I had times on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. I rearranged things to get Friday off and now my car has been sitting in the train yard for 3 days. The SA at the store is not helping and from a customer standpoint they are not doing what they need to make the appointment happen. So...its not over until your A$$ is in the seat.

SOMEONE LIE TO US AND TELL US "IT'LL BE FINE!"

DAMMIT! #%^@!
It'll be fine, it's already more than fine for every single person on this forum. We are alive and healthy amongst really troubling times for mankind world wide. In fact we are blessed to buy a rather expensive car when literally millions are worried about how they will pay their mortgage/rent/grocery etc.