Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the deadline to add insurance? My delivery appointment is 8/3, so I set that as the start date for the insurance. The insurance company won't give me documentation until 8/3 at 12am. I'm trying to figure out if I need to just move up the start date for the insurance or if I can just add it the night before / morning of pickup. I am not in a state that allows me to just add my current policy - it has to show the correct VIN.

Does anyone know the deadline to add insurance? My delivery appointment is 8/3, so I set that as the start date for the insurance. The insurance company won't give me documentation until 8/3 at 12am. I'm trying to figure out if I need to just move up the start date for the insurance or if I can just add it the night before / morning of pickup. I am not in a state that allows me to just add my current policy - it has to show the correct VIN.
Surely someone has more recent experience but when we picked up our M3 we did it day of. Was just required before taking possession.

Reactions: RatsFPV and cgell
What is Distill and how do I get it?
Distill can be used as a browser plug-in (or app) to monitor a section of any site and notify you of changes versus constant refreshing. You can choose the EDD area of the site and then set it to check every 5 minutes (or less or more) and send you an email/text/etc. if there are changes. I also have it set on the area of the account site where the blue VIN would appear. Monitor websites for changes, get SMS alerts and email alerts | Distill.io

Distill can be used as a browser plug-in (or app) to monitor a section of any site and notify you of changes versus constant refreshing. You can choose the EDD area of the site and then set it to check every 5 minutes (or less or more) and send you an email/text/etc. if there are changes. I also have it set on the area of the account site where the blue VIN would appear. Monitor websites for changes, get SMS alerts and email alerts | Distill.io
Thanks, got it!

Well got my automated call confirming my delivery appointment for tomorrow... 🤞🏻that it has bio mode. I've not seen a single 225 VIN in such a long time I think we only had one possible HEPA on a 225 so I am REALLY nervous
Same here...225xxx and hoping for HEPA. Please update after pickup. My delivery was scheduled for 8/3, but I just got a text saying the car may be available on 7/31. Probably a coincidence, but I got the text about 15 minutes after submitting final payment.