Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this mornings update was aggravating. Yea, yea, first world problems I know. But man August 14 - September 3rd is the furthest date I have had so far in the EDD ROULETTE.

Glad to see a lot more #TEAMBLUE people now. Hopefully we all get our cars at the same time. My garage is now over stocked with every single accessory for this vehicle. If this doesn’t show I’m invested idk what will.

This is the longest thing I’ve ever waited for aside from my two babies. 🤣
Aug 15 - Sept 4, Miami too. Seeing someone in the same region with similar EDD gives me hope. Hope ours get shipped soon. I'm tired of this EDD roulette

• Love
Reactions: gisseLdesire
I was told 2-5 weeks when I ordered (4/13), with a "guaranteed delivery in June as long as I order before June 1". Completed my profile the same day and switched from loan to cash within a week (somebody here suggested it).

Been waiting impatiently ever since. EDD has been as far out as September and October and my SA barely responds. Last message I got from him was to expect something this week, so we will see what happens.

I went to the store and complained once or twice, explaining that people who ordered the same configuration at the same store after me have already received theirs. They apologized and said they don't know how the system assigns VINs.

I've visited the delivery lot a few times and every time there just be 100 or so cars ready for delivery. So either they're sitting on a bunch or just have SO many orders they haven't been able to keep up.

Im hopeful I will get my soon, but my enthusiasm has definitely dwindled down on this 15 week journey. I rushed buying accessories and scheduling tint in mid May because I was told the 2-5 week EDD was accurate - so they've just been taking up space in my garage.

A little annoyed I had to pay for registration this year (planning on selling my current car) and the value has dropped $2-3K recently. Also annoyed that it takes me multiple attempts to contact somebody to get my questions answered.

I didn't want to cancel because eventually I would reorder and after all this price increases I don't want to hand Tesla more money. Also don't have any major competitors that I could go to if Tesla fell through.

Thank you for your very detailed response. This is plain terrible 😞. Im wondering if the system lost your order. With Tesla getting more and more popular they need to fix these issues right away as they will just create an even bigger mess with all these orders coming in. I actually experienced this first hand as I ordered a couple days before my brother and he’s currently at tesla delivery center right now while my EDD is 9/19 - 9/30.

Last edited:
That's correct, if your car is delivered in mid December 2021 or later, your sticker might label it as a 2022 model year. And you're thinking along the right track: model years don't matter for Tesla. They make updates/changes continuously throughout the year. Typically on a quarterly basis, which is why you'll see very few deliveries in the first few weeks of the quarter since that's when they retool. But these hardware changes can get executed at any point.
2022 poses a problem for us in MA... with Right to Repair and a recently passed law. The basics of it are that manufacture has to provide you access to your data and what they collect starting with 2022 models. A friend of mine, father just bought a 2022 Outback... Come to find out he doesn't get all the bells in whistles with their OnStar equivalent and phone control of the car. When he couldn't connect his phone to the car to unlock doors and remote start, he called the dealership and they are oh yeah new MA law for 2022+ models, take it up with the state there is nothing we can do...

This would certainly be a problem for a Tesla and its constant talking to the mothership...

It seems the manufacturers haven't caught up with the new law because all they have to do is provide documentation on what is collected, what it is used for, and how to request access...

Reactions: PatrickTM
Do we think March/April outstanding orders are due to the price increases since then and them trying to prioritize higher value cars due to the shortages that caused the increases? Not OK but maybe a theory?
I’ve actually thought about this an wondered, especially because the oldest orders appear to be low cost orders (like white paint, stock otherwise, etc…). Maybe they hope some of these people cancel and they sell the car at profit instead of a loss or wash… that would be said as I think I probably fit in that bucket. That said, they eventually have to fill the order…

I have the same question. That's a disturbingly long time to wait. I'm also #teamblue and ordered 5/19. Current EDD is 8/10-8/23 - I've been watching the earliest date advance by 1 every day since October switched to 8/7-8/23, .
It's good to see the date is narrowing, I'd take that as a good sign! mine is staying 20days wide, as it slips 1 day almost every day...

Thanks! Another question for those who are NJ residents: am I reading this correctly, there are no sales tax in NJ for pure EV's aka for any Tesla ?
I'm considering relocating anyways - either upstate NY, PA or NJ ... that might be a factor, shouldn't really be but heh, why not go with more enlightened states - I recall they also had extremely favorable tax incentives for solar many years ago
Yes it is true that there is currently NO sales tax on a pure EV in NJ. If you can squeeze in under $55k, there is even a $2k rebate available (but with current base price increase, not really much room for many options to stay under $55k).

• Informative
Reactions: CLK350
1627334372675.png

4 days to the earliest EDD I had and it hurts my heart! No end in sight...

Reactions: BitJam
thanks for the number. I called it and the lady was asking how i got it, since they only deal with TX, AZ orders.

No luck there, she wouldn't provide any additional details or a recourse for my grievances. She did admit that its an unusually long waiting period as most of their SW US april orders had been fulfilled.

The wait continues :(
So ended up calling my delivery center after calling the build center. Lots of question marks from the people I spoke to. General consensus:

- I am pretty much the only April order pending from this location
- 7 seaters are harder to come by, with shorter runs but there have been several since April and I should have fallen into 1
- even though my order date is 4/19, they have my completion date at the end of May, which doesn’t make sense as profile was complete within days of the initial order. Even if it was completed in May she said I should have received a car.
- very apologetic and raising issues to the center manager and should expect a phone call and action plan starting tomorrow.

I’ve actually thought about this an wondered, especially because the oldest orders appear to be low cost orders (like white paint, stock otherwise, etc…). Maybe they hope some of these people cancel and they sell the car at profit instead of a loss or wash… that would be said as I think I probably fit in that bucket. That said, they eventually have to fill the order…
I am wondering what could be going on as well, tesla vision switch, cost increase, lost my order, printer error, ran out of black paint, who knows. It is even more frustrating after seeing @Nomesdrome (Congrats btw!) take delivery of the exact same config even though he/she ordered almost a month after. In any case it a horrible process across the board, if there was a viable alternative vehicle I would have bought it months ago. I would have even paid to swap out the WC that has been taunting me for months.

Last edited:
Contacted Clarkston Mi, delivery center today after 3 days of no EDD. They were great! So much better than trying to call the SA's at the store. He literally restored my faith in Tesla and it was all just because he was honest with me. He told me when he didn't know things and gave me an update on the delay for my order. I've finally been added to a list to receive a rejected car, not able to pay pretty much, and that he would reach out soon. He also told me to just call and talk to him. I honestly finally feel like someone at Tesla isn't hiding behind the excuses and actually looking into it even if it's to tell me I might have to wait till after September. He and I also we able to joke about it not actually being a bad thing that they've had so many orders. It honestly felt great to not be stuffed off. Sorry for rambling on I just feel optimistic for the first time since June and wanted to share some positive info.