Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So small setback... they called to confirm the Appointment today and apparently my SA was wrong in setting up the home delivery appointment for me. Someone does have to be there when they drop the car off for inspection. They won't drop it off and leave it and then let me inspect it later. So they pushed the appointment back to 10 am on Wednesday which is fine because we dont land in MCO until 10pm tomorrow anyway so ill be to tired and to dark to look at the car anyway.
That’s is a bit ironic given I’ve seen several posts here regarding home delivery and cars just appearing in driveways, on the street, or in peoples neighborhood and people not realizing it was their car. Perhaps it’s a requirement for a specific state, or purchase type (cash, lease, finance) but who knows. As long as you finally get your car! Congrats.

So small setback... they called to confirm the Appointment today and apparently my SA was wrong in setting up the home delivery appointment for me. Someone does have to be there when they drop the car off for inspection. They won't drop it off and leave it and then let me inspect it later. So they pushed the appointment back to 10 am on Wednesday which is fine because we dont land in MCO until 10pm tomorrow anyway so ill be to tired and to dark to look at the car anyway.
That is interesting. No one was home when a friend had their Y delivered last Saturday. Car was just left in he driveway.

Reactions: YForMeee
That’s is a bit ironic given I’ve seen several posts here regarding home delivery and cars just appearing in driveways, on the street, or in peoples neighborhood and people not realizing it was their car. Perhaps it’s a requirement for a specific state, or purchase type (cash, lease, finance) but who knows. As long as you finally get your car! Congrats.
That was my assumption as well and why I never questioned him when he set it up... but whatever. I wasn't going to get upset about it and try to argue since I won't be home till its to late to look at it anyway... and this way, I can make them open the car up and let me look inside too and if its no good they can just take it away "flicks hand in gesture to begone"

You should most deff have the bio mode but wait till you find out tomorrow! So excited for you!! As much as the wait sucked, the reward is a million times better! ;)
Yeah im totally excited and nervous! and hopefully too cuz we need to drive it to Savannah on Thursday for a funeral and its way more comfortable than the M3 for the 4 of us!

VIN anyone?!?!?!? Anyone VIN??? I haven’t seen one VIN today. Are all our Y’s on boats overseas and headed to dealerships for test drive vehicles. I’m literally reading about one car that’s bouncing around from one person to the next - where’s the cars?

Someone, please, anyone, send me my car for the love of god. I just had a Lyft ride with a dude playing the worst music on a level 10/10 and wouldn’t turn it down or roll the windows up, with child locks, on the freeway at 75mph. $21 to go 6 miles. Someone….. please….. send….. model y…… and…… send….. SA….. a…… lump…… of…… coal

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHhhhhhhhHhHhhhH

You pay the price you agree to now except…there is supposed to be some fine print in the agreement that if they change the batteries, they have the right to throw out the agreement as it won’t be the same thing you are ordering now.
Hmm ...I did order my MY around 11:00 AM today 7/26 (doing my bit to push the SP up*) I just read carefully the 4-page (two really, since p1 is a terse summary of features and p4 is only one paragraph pertaining to NY State, MA, MI Wash DC and RI), and saw no mention of anything battery related. All seems right according to what I expected (final price is fixed as of today, changing configuration could change that, etc). Could they have changed that agreement since May?

Gratuitous thoughts: Tesla only agreed to deliver a MY with the LR mileage capacity (326 mi @ EPA rating) mentioned. Were they to deliver a car with more capacity they could simply limit it via software, and offer additional range as paid option.

(*) Yes, joke or premonition of weird non SP action, just in case.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
Tough pill to swallow today. Was informed by my local SA and my regional SA that any 7 seater MYLR models are looking at a closer to November delivery time frame. They just aren’t going to prioritize 7 seater models right now. Yikes. 😳
listening to the tesla Q2 earnings call today, it sounded like they're having a hard time sourcing all the parts needed "even though we don't have as many models and trims as other auto makers" - Quote from Elon.

Unfortunately they may start prioritizing builds they can get out fast with the parts they have.

VIN anyone?!?!?!? Anyone VIN??? I haven’t seen one VIN today. Are all our Y’s on boats overseas and headed to dealerships for test drive vehicles. I’m literally reading about one car that’s bouncing around from one person to the next - where’s the cars?

Someone, please, anyone, send me my car for the love of god. I just had a Lyft ride with a dude playing the worst music on a level 10/10 and wouldn’t turn it down or roll the windows up, with child locks, on the freeway at 75mph. $21 to go 6 miles. Someone….. please….. send….. model y…… and…… send….. SA….. a…… lump…… of…… coal

Impressed you were able to articulate the MY angst. Any day now - good luck!

• Funny
Reactions: iratre and ajs847
Tough pill to swallow today. Was informed by my local SA and my regional SA that any 7 seater MYLR models are looking at a closer to November delivery time frame. They just aren’t going to prioritize 7 seater models right now. Yikes. 😳
In all my time reading this forum I’ve never heard of an SA backtracking on delivery dates. Today I’ve read of two SAs back tracking delivery times. The other was about “sending cars overseas” - I don’t know what to make or all this BS but zero VINs today - literally zero on this forum that I saw

this meme seems appropriate at almost 1am here...

IMG_6470.PNG