Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was assigned a 241XXX a few days ago with an EDD of 8/7 - 8/17. My SA said it was going to be produced on the 31st. Check my account just now and my EDD is now 8/11-8/16. The timeline shrunk! I hope this is a good thing as I never saw this happen with the 3 other VINs I was assigned
You are one of those unfortunate ones that has had the rug pulled out from them multiple times. I hope this one sticks. Congrats on the VIN, Tesla needs to do better about the multiple VIN thing.

Reactions: moe0059
Are VINs automatically matched/assigned or does the SA do it? I know SAs might manually re-assign a VIN, for instance of a car is rejected, but what about the the first initial VIN match — is it automated or done by a human?
I don't think that any of us know specifically how the magic happens in Fremont. The VIN will show up automatically in your order page AFTER you get the real "blue button" asking you to Confirm your Order Updates.

1627675545464.png

I have been in this forum long enough to have read all 1,030 pages (unfortunately) and have seen a few stories on here about people who paid the down payment and had the car taken away and then have to fight a few weeks to get the money back. Just throwing that out there. Most would advise not to pay any money (outside the initial $100) until and only after you have inspected the car and are willing to accept it. But several have paid before seeing it as well so to each their own I guess.
Unfortunately because @CGeiser is in TX they have to pay at some point prior to taking delivery, due to the fun TX laws. But agree, I wouldn't pay any earlier than I absolutely have to!

Wow new order for a MY now has December as an EDD.
Man the Model 3 and Model Y pages are erroring out for me. But either the shortage is worse than Elon's tone suggests, or their is huge demand or most likely, both. I really hope that I am matched with a VIN before the end of August, otherwise who knows when I will be matched.

So ive only focused my attention on getting a vin, does anyone know what's the next step do I get called? how do I schedule delivery?
You are supposed to get an email and text about delivery after you get the VIN. I waited 24 hours and nothing, so I contacted my SA. She was able to tell me when it would arrive and then helped set up a delivery appointment for me. I looked at my order page an hour or two after talking with her, all the specifics on the appointment were right there where the EDD was for these many, many weeks.

oh my bad.. that was kind of stupid from my part. here we go again 235***
Yeah in my opinion I wouldn't worry about it, that is a fresh one off the line. I bet it was a financing thing fell through or someone changed their mind and cancelled or ordered something else. I bet you happened to order at the exact right time. Congrats

Man the Model 3 and Model Y pages are erroring out for me. But either the shortage is worse than Elon's tone suggests, or their is huge demand or most likely, both. I really hope that I am matched with a VIN before the end of August, otherwise who knows when I will be matched.
Ok with the MYP at 7-9 weeks, M3P at 6-9 weeks and M3SR at 8-14 weeks makes me feel like it is more of a demand issue than a parts issue, makes me feel a little better.

At the Ford quarterly earnings call it was said that the chip problem is getting better for them. If they are starting to see more chips, then the other manufacturers should be starting to get more too.