Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had not had a EDD for about a week now. Is this normal?
Order date of April 28th. My account was stuck in limbo mode for a while due to a Tesla "glitch" I'm told. In short when I request to remove my trade they removed it but left it open and marked my profile incomplete.
My model Y is 3k cheaper then current price. Got a text yesterday and they offered me a performance model Y for delivery Monday(was MSM and no tow hitch) I declined because that's 10k more then what I would pay for my LR model Y(5 seat, White ext, black interior,no FSD, and tow hitch). So they are very aware of the issue and trying to help, but I feel like I'm at the back of the que again.

Is it possible they are forgetting about the people who have orders that are 3k+ cheaper.
No, but I think they are realizing some of us April orders had been forgotten because of this open order thing. And with this crazy demand, would rather offer you an upgrade/alternate and see if you take it than fight to get a car for you.

No, but I think they are realizing some of us April orders had been forgotten because of this open order thing. And with this crazy demand, would rather offer you an upgrade/alternate and see if you take it than fight to get a car for you.
That's what I'm beginning to think. After reading most of this thread I see it happened to a few people as well. It shows I did everything but on teslas end it says open on their end.
It showed a November delivery when I Ed last week. I said doesn't that seem odd if I have a April order... He said, oh yeah it does.
Pshhh. So tempting to just get something else.

Reactions: moe0059
Alright. I am not getting up my hopes yet. Because, VINs can be taken away from what I've seen here. However, I checked in the morning around 9AM Central and No EDD, No VIN as usual. However, Around 10:27AM I got an email from Tesla and I thought it might be usual solar bait email. But, I opened it and it had subject 2021 Model Y Financed Final Payment Ready. Immediately pulled up the Tesla account and saw the VIN as 239xx. I haven't prepared for this yet. No financing and I am closing a house on 6th. Hopefully, this is also not a VIN rejected by someone else.
Close on the house first before you do anything

Just curious - why wouldnt you consider M3 or MY luxury?
I see the Model Y as a sporty premium crossover, but definitely not luxury in the same way a GLC or X3 is luxury. To me it comes down to the small, subtle, things, such as seat material feel, touchpoints on the door, (don’t kill me for this one…lol) and fit & finish. Things like fitment of the speakers into the door, way the doors close, and highway noise on rough road. Two cars can have the same decibel reading but the luxury car will have fewer high frequency sounds coming through the cabin. It’s all very small stuff separating premium vs true luxury.

Then there’s the features, like cooled seats, massaging seats, 360 degree camera, powered roof shades, window shades, hideaway trailer hitch, etc.

Overall I picked the Model Y for its “fun” factor, acceleration, obvious superiority as an EV (range, high speed charging, efficiency) but I know there’s more luxurious crossovers in the $50k to $60k range. If you’re curious, just go test drive some BMWs and MBs! I love all EVs and I’m excited for the day when they’re actually competitive against Tesla. Competition will benefit all customers, Tesla customers included :)

I see the Model Y as a sporty premium crossover, but definitely not luxury in the same way a GLC or X3 is luxury. To me it comes down to the small, subtle, things, such as seat material feel, touchpoints on the door, (don’t kill me for this one…lol) and fit & finish. Things like fitment of the speakers into the door, way the doors close, and highway noise on rough road. Two cars can have the same decibel reading but the luxury car will have fewer high frequency sounds coming through the cabin. It’s all very small stuff separating premium vs true luxury.

Then there’s the features, like cooled seats, massaging seats, 360 degree camera, powered roof shades, window shades, hideaway trailer hitch, etc.

Overall I picked the Model Y for its “fun” factor, acceleration, obvious superiority as an EV (range, high speed charging, efficiency) but I know there’s more luxurious crossovers in the $50k to $60k range. If you’re curious, just go test drive some BMWs and MBs! I love all EVs and I’m excited for the day when they’re actually competitive against Tesla. Competition will benefit all customers, Tesla customers included :)
That's what I always try to explain to people. A Honda Civic has more luxury features, better materials, better fit and finish, and better build quality. A Tesla is a beta version of a car

• Funny
Reactions: GoGators!
That's what I'm beginning to think. After reading most of this thread I see it happened to a few people as well. It shows I did everything but on teslas end it says open on their end.
It showed a November delivery when I Ed last week. I said doesn't that seem odd if I have a April order... He said, oh yeah it does.
Pshhh. So tempting to just get something else.
Was definitely in the same boat. I had planned on moving on if I don’t hear back early august, but then VIN came and hopefully it sticks. We were set on an EV but unfortunately the grass is not greener on the other side. Other EVs are in high demand too, and dealers are asking for an arm and a leg for them. Same with regular cars, the industry is crazy right now.

With Tesla, am not sure if it helped in acquiring the VIN, but getting the manager of my Tesla Store involved felt that it kind of gave me traction. I immediately had a new SA working with me, and had a direct line to them. They were very clear about timelines and expectations thereafter. No one called me with a VIN but funny 48-72hours after I got their attention, the VIN showed up.

I ordered my car last week and my previous car was totaled. So Im sharing a car and i have no idea how im going to wait 3-4 months. Tesla is basically torturing me, I might have to go to giga texas and take one for the time being.
Your best bet since you just placed an order is to watch Tesla inventory and ev-tsla.com. As soon as one pops in that you like and hit that Buy button right away. That’s what I ended up doing. I didn’t cancel my original order until my butt was in the seat of the inventory car. It took < 24 hours from when I hit Buy to get a VIN, contacted by an SA, schedule delivery, and pickup. The longest wait was for my bank to cut the check. You’ll lose your original $100 but you’ll have your MY and be happy.

GOT MY VIN!!! I knew for some reason today would be the day. Checked at around 6pm EST, no VIN. Just checked now and there she was! 239xxx #teamblue. Going to reach out to SA tomorrow
GOT MY VIN!!! I knew for some reason today would be the day. Checked at around 6pm EST, no VIN. Just checked now and there she was! 239xxx #teamblue. Going to reach out to SA tomorrow!
Ordered 5/17 -> shipping to NY. MSM only difference, no VIN

Well said. That’s exactly how I feel about it coming from an Avalon Hybrid Limited. One of the simple, not luxury but safety, things I miss is no rear cross traffic radar. Backing up the car in the Avalon was a breeze, it could “see” in a wide field if a car was approaching too fast and I shouldn’t backup. Also the rear camera on the model y is incredibly dark at night compared to other cameras I’ve used. Might have to add some brighter rear lighting.

Seeing all these May orders getting fulfilled makes my heart happy but also a bit sad since I’m a July order. This means I’m not gonna see my car till Sept or Oct. :(

well at least I’ll have no car payments for a couple of months….

tenor.gif

Seeing all these May orders getting fulfilled makes my heart happy but also a bit sad since I’m a July order. This means I’m not gonna see my car till Sept or Oct. :(

well at least I’ll have no car payments for a couple of months….

tenor.gif
I’m in the same boat. Lol. I’m a May order, but orders are not filled in order. You might have US before me! It’s all based on what configuration they are building that week. They’re made in batches, not in order.

Reactions: jpy1980