Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the VIN today at 340am August 2nd, Now it says the delivery is October. I thought it should take around 15 days to get delivery after VIN. Hmmmm….VIN 5YJ….243XXX.

MY LR ordered 5/19, order completion 5/23, Blue, black int, no fsd, no hitch, 19” wheel, pickup Mt Kisco, NY. Edd this morning 8/15 to 8/29. If I tell you how many times the EDD has changed, people would feel dizzy. Good thing we have 2 cars and can manage
Ugh I ordered 5/17, no VIN, EDD showing “October” now for the first time ive seen. What a joke. Im shipping to Mt. Kisco as well. Only difference between me and you is MSM paint. Terrible experience now that ive hit 12 weeks waiting.

Reactions: iratre
Ugh I ordered 5/17, no VIN, EDD showing “October” now for the first time ive seen. What a joke. Im shipping to Mt. Kisco as well. Only difference between me and you is MSM paint. Terrible experience now that ive hit 12 weeks waiting.
This is obviously subjective and not based on real data, but my general feeling is that MSM cars are never manufactured and we will be waiting for our cars until the day we die.

Since I don't have an SA, I emailed the delivery center where I'm supposed to pick up the car once it arrives, to ask about switching to financing and a better estimate of the delivery date. My window is currently 8/8-8/14, and I'm out of town 8/10-8/17 and don't want to miss out on the car

Regarding all of the October moves.
Bear in mind if what I've read is accurate and Tesla are an Agile company this just means that your "ticket" has been moved to an "October" backlog as it's the start of the month, which is due to be triaged and moved into its 2 week sprint.
I could be wrong but this is how software companies organize their work and theres lots of alignment with the patterns seen in changing dates and durations of EDDs

I just went back through the pages from this mornings "EDD Dump".

I didn't see any MYP orders update to an October EDD. Most were MYLR 5, and not all of them did. (ETA: I went off self-reporting and signature blocks, so this is completely unscientific, but I was curious)

I am still unconvinced this isn't some sort of a glitch this morning, Tesla's outward reporting is that they are doing "Ok but not great" on Chips.

(Source: Tesla works with suppliers to source alternative chips for EVs amid semiconductor shortage)

TSMC and Samsung are making them as quick as they can! Hopefully this spurs US chip manufacturers to realize they sat on their laurels for too long and missed the advanced manufacturing boat. Hopefully by the time we transition to 3NM chips they've started modernizing production lines that have been largely neglected the past decade.

For anyone not in the know, 5NM chips are only produced at two factories in the world on a large commercial scale. That plus the massive consumer demand caused by COVID has put most consumer electronic manufacturers in the hurt locker.

Reactions: iratre and ajs847
Since I don't have an SA, I emailed the delivery center where I'm supposed to pick up the car once it arrives, to ask about switching to financing and a better estimate of the delivery date. My window is currently 8/8-8/14, and I'm out of town 8/10-8/17 and don't want to miss out on the car
how does one email their delivery center? Familiar story but my SA has been entirely unresponsive and calling Tesla directly hasn't yielded any useful information either so maybe the delivery center would be more informative?

Calls or text to SAs have been basically useless. I’ll make the 40min drive into Tyson’s Corner later this week snd talk to the face to face. But I do feel optimistic that we are nearing the end here. 🙌🏾 #teamblue
I ordered may 5th. In my experience speaking with an SA on the phone or going to a dealership and speaking with a live person doesn’t help. My EDD has changed everyday since early June. It’s gone from dates in June, to July, to August, to September and now to October. Absolutely ridiculous. This experience has left me completely furious over this company’s lack of competence at all levels.

Regarding all of the October moves.
Bear in mind if what I've read is accurate and Tesla are an Agile company this just means that your "ticket" has been moved to an "October" backlog as it's the start of the month, which is due to be triaged and moved into its 2 week sprint.
I could be wrong but this is how software companies organize their work and theres lots of alignment with the patterns seen in changing dates and durations of EDDs
i pray that you are right ! :)

Reactions: Frenchrock
Yes! Joined the October club. After being in various dates in September, it is now showing October.

Im sure this will update correctly tomorrow. If not, maybe most of us are getting VINs soon.

Tesla’s custom order is not a true custom order. They are making them as fast as they can. In Europe, I believe most car purchase are build to order. That is why when you custom order a BMW, the status updates are mostly accurate. You get assigned a VIN even before it starts production.