Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The trip is for my brother's wedding, pretty sure I'd be disowned for skipping that over a car
If they can't hold it two days for us that waited months, then I don't want their car anyways. Now I think they could say, "We will give you the two days but on day three it goes back in the queue" - I think that's acceptable. And yes I know what the agreement says.

I travel for work and my SA told me that they will absolutely hold it for me as long as I'm responsive to them about scheduling.

The trip is for my brother's wedding, pretty sure I'd be disowned for skipping that over a car
What is your delivery window? i would contact your SA and tell them you’ll be out of town XX days. Im sure they will work with you.
I contacted my SA about a similar situation and she said okay they will try to get it before my vacation or after.

Reactions: MBx4
Ordered 5/15 for a MYP, black on black, still can't get a VIN assigned
...still waiting

Called Highland Park,IL and can't get a straight answer

"Everyone is ordering these, long wait, etc...but performance models come in quicker"

"Okay, how much quicker on average because I'm on day 80 right now without a VIN.."

"I can't say"

I'm about ready to visit the Porsche dealer and grab a Macan GTS. At least they'll be polite with me as they bend me over. Tesla, as a company, makes you falsely believe you should be so lucky as to receive their poor quality vehicles and customer care

Same I’ve already started researching/checking out other cars just in case. Hopefully won’t be necessary!
Same i’ve been looking into lots of compact electric SUV options out there, watching tear down videos. My conclusion: at this point MY is still the best option if you could wait for a few more months. Nothing comes close from an engineering standpoint. Plus, Tesla supercharger. VW ID.4 is quite tempting for its price/value though.

Things might change in 2022 though due to much more competitions. But i’d rather buy MY now and re-evaluate in 2-3 years.

Reactions: MBx4
...still waiting

Called Highland Park,IL and can't get a straight answer

"Everyone is ordering these, long wait, etc...but performance models come in quicker"

"Okay, how much quicker on average because I'm on day 80 right now without a VIN.."

"I can't say"

I'm about ready to visit the Porsche dealer and grab a Macan GTS. At least they'll be polite with me as they bend me over. Tesla, as a company, makes you falsely believe you should be so lucky as to receive their poor quality vehicles and customer care
Highland park pickup here... last 3 BMW's I bought from motorwerks in barrington. When the sales manager found out I sold my x3M and was waiting for a tesla he tried so hard to get me back in to stick it to me one more time... problem is they have zero inventory of the spec I always go for (black/ black executive package in literally any M model).

This thread reminds me of waiting on my employment-based green card application a couple of decades back. After waiting through that line and the anxiety associated with that, this is nothing! Haha!
Congrats on your green card! Assuming everything went smoothly there for you (or as smoothly as one can go), welcome to the forum and welcome to this country as a permanent resident!