Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is your delivery window? i would contact your SA and tell them you’ll be out of town XX days. Im sure they will work with you.
I contacted my SA about a similar situation and she said okay they will try to get it before my vacation or after.
That's what I did. My delivery window right now is 8/8-8/14. I told him I am out of town 8/10-8/16. His computer is telling him that it will arrive on 8/11 and that the latest they can hold it is until 8/14. If I can't make that work, I go back into the queue.

We'll see what happens, but it would be the height of bullshit if they offer constantly changing delivery windows for several months, then expect you to be able to meet whatever they end up with.

Reactions: jimfleurie
...still waiting

Called Highland Park,IL and can't get a straight answer

"Everyone is ordering these, long wait, etc...but performance models come in quicker"

"Okay, how much quicker on average because I'm on day 80 right now without a VIN.."

"I can't say"

I'm about ready to visit the Porsche dealer and grab a Macan GTS. At least they'll be polite with me as they bend me over. Tesla, as a company, makes you falsely believe you should be so lucky as to receive their poor quality vehicles and customer care
I think black batch is happening Aug 15 to Sep 5 since everyone that has come up today has been black outside, that has been like where is my car, i want my vin. Mine is also Black so i get it.

The chart is growing!
If we look at the data coming in so far it looks like the average is about 70-79 days.
With that being said could we say that this quarter Q4 we are going to be seeing the rest of April / all of May / Beginning to Mid of June orders filled?

Looking good for those orders.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 4.35.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 4.35.05 PM.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 67
That's what I did. My delivery window right now is 8/8-8/14. I told him I am out of town 8/10-8/16. His computer is telling him that it will arrive on 8/11 and that the latest they can hold it is until 8/14. If I can't make that work, I go back into the queue.

We'll see what happens, but it would be the height of bullshit if they offer constantly changing delivery windows for several months, then expect you to be able to meet whatever they end up with.
Did you text, call, or go in person so they could see your face?

Reactions: MBx4
Well after an emotional up and down ride.. I got a VIN on Friday 30 July....

My Tesla was then delivered to me the next morning on 31 July..!!! HAPPY DAY!They dropped it off like an Amazon package to my front door!!

However, I cannot complain but a few things I will share about this experience...

1) I never got an email or text notifying me that a VIN existed .. I just watched my Tesla account like a HAWK! (Therefore: If I would not have been as neurotic.. I wonder how long it would have taken Tesla themselves to reach out to me)

2) If I did not call my Tesla SA on Saturday morning (the next day after receiving my VIN) to inquire about the VIN update.. that I was closely watching on my account.. He would not have checked on the Model Y's whereabouts and to see that it was ready to be delivered to me.. (Therefore: I would have WAITED.. GOD KNOWS HOW LONG..to be notified my Tesla was ready)

Although I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and my delivery was quicker than most - I was disappointed that I, myself, had to be my biggest advocate to keep the process moving quickly. Like I said earlier - I cannot complain but I have been without a car for months waiting to take delivery and it was important to me.

Happy Model Y-ing everyone!!

Model MYLR | Exterior White | Interior Black | Seats 5 | Wheels 20" | Tow No | FSD No
Ordered 5/12 | Location San Francisco, CA | VIN YES | Delivery Date YES
DELIVERED: 7/31/2021!

Attachments

• IMG_1842.jpg
    IMG_1842.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 52
Well after an emotional up and down ride.. I got a VIN on Friday 30 July....

My Tesla was then delivered to me the next morning on 31 July..!!! HAPPY DAY!They dropped it off like an Amazon package to my front door!!

However, I cannot complain but a few things I will share about this experience...

1) I never got an email or text notifying me that a VIN existed .. I just watched my Tesla account like a HAWK! (Therefore: If I would not have been as neurotic.. I wonder how long it would have taken Tesla themselves to reach out to me)

2) If I did not call my Tesla SA on Saturday morning (the next day after receiving my VIN) to inquire about the VIN update.. that I was closely watching on my account.. He would not have checked on the Model Y's whereabouts and to see that it was ready to be delivered to me.. (Therefore: I would have WAITED.. GOD KNOWS HOW LONG..to be notified my Tesla was ready)

Although I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and my delivery was quicker than most - I was disappointed that I, myself, had to be my biggest advocate to keep the process moving quickly. Like I said earlier - I cannot complain but I have been without a car for months waiting to take delivery and it was important to me.

Happy Model Y-ing everyone!!

Model MYLR | Exterior White | Interior Black | Seats 5 | Wheels 20" | Tow No | FSD No
Ordered 5/12 | Location San Francisco, CA | VIN YES | Delivery Date YES
DELIVERED: 7/31/2021!
Congratulation on the car! Glad your wait is over!
Tesla does apologize for the inconvenience, i think! lmfao

Have fun with it!