Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to say I know I'm only 1.5 weeks in, have experienced the euphoria of getting even a generic "December" date, then watching it go poof. Though watching and reading about all of you dealing with this for weeks...months. This process will either turn me into a patient person or break me based on reading everyone else's story, but this truly is a support group, if I was just sitting at home trying to figure out whats going on I'd be losing my mind

8D1896FF-19FF-4029-85CF-F3FA4D70D619.gif

Me when I refresh my page hoping my VIN magically appears

Has anyone recently taken delivery with 19" wheels?
I feel like Tesla priority is performance. Then LR with the wheel upgrade. Then they get to the rest of us when they are available.
Starting to think these 19" wheels are the issue.
This place is filled with some Q-level conspiracy theories to help people cope. I think the reality is probably closer to them just getting in hundreds of thousands of orders, and constantly making new decisions on how to prioritize based on a ton of variables (part shortages, distance, time, revenue, etc.). Not to mention, you probably have people every day/hour either cancelling or changing their orders, which then throws the whole queue out of whack.

Imagine trying to take a hundred thousand orders, with like...50+ different configurations(?), and then prioritizing that with all the production/logistical complications that go into manufacturing a car. The biggest mistake here is just that they have this stupid EDD range that was probably built for a time when they could be relatively accurate, but that time was probably 6-12 months ago.

Ah! Yes it did increase. I have now gone back to my advisor and asked him why and if he could add that back to my supercharging account (if and) when I get my vehicle. In other news, my EDD disappeared. Again.
Yeah, changing orders this year ends up being a really bad deal. Normally when prices are stable and it's a 2 week wait, not a big deal. This year the customer is put in the back of a very long queue, and due to price increases, can add a lot of extra cost.

Reactions: potter287
This place is filled with some Q-level conspiracy theories to help people cope. I think the reality is probably closer to them just getting in hundreds of thousands of orders, and constantly making new decisions on how to prioritize based on a ton of variables (part shortages, distance, time, revenue, etc.). Not to mention, you probably have people every day/hour either cancelling or changing their orders, which then throws the whole queue out of whack.

Imagine trying to take a hundred thousand orders, with like...50+ different configurations(?), and then prioritizing that with all the production/logistical complications that go into manufacturing a car. The biggest mistake here is just that they have this stupid EDD range that was probably built for a time when they could be relatively accurate, but that time was probably 6-12 months ago.
I don't think it's a conspiracy theory. Look at the plaid model S. My point was profit margins.
The most advance car company yet they can't even make it so their system works correctly. Like not having a glitch when you remove your trade in your thrown to the back of the line. Then service centers saying there is nothing they can do.

We know other manufacturers are having parts shortages. We usually know what parts from other manufacturers. However Tesla doesn't tell anyone anything. It goes back to severe lack of communication.

Not to mention the shortage on drivers to load the cars up on car carriers and drive them to their destinations. It's not just parts shortages everyone is dealing with, it's also labor shortages.

Which is why Elon should get to work on the autonomous Semi ASAP

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory. Look at the plaid model S. My point was profit margins.
The most advance car company yet they can't even make it so their system works correctly. Like not having a glitch when you remove your trade in your thrown to the back of the line. Then service centers saying there is nothing they can do.

We know other manufacturers are having parts shortages. We usually know what parts from other manufacturers. However Tesla doesn't tell anyone anything. It goes back to severe lack of communication.
Sorry, didn't mean to call out your comment specifically. I just generally find it funny that everybody is looking for some specific explanation (i.e. this week will have a ton of Blue deliveries) because we all desperately want these cars.

The primary issue here is they built their sales and delivery process with a model that is actually super innovative (treat it like any other e-commerce), but not at all designed to support a period with this massive spike in demand and chaos with production. I bet everything worked way better about a year ago.

Reactions: potter287