Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been at a 14 days window for a month. Just keeps scooting back by one day for a month now. 1 day, 1day, 1day, 1day…….

deadazz I’m sooooo over it.
it’s torture to make ppl wait like dogs begging for a bone.

Can you imagine if I told my customers that they would get their products in 2-3 months. I’d good outta business.

so frustrated today.

Reactions: BitJam and JR9386
@potter287 & @CGeiser: not anymore. I’m pushed way back to sep 11 - 30 now.
4BBF7885-EB2C-43A3-BE7A-82FFF941C6E4.gif

All jokes aside, I’m sorry 😞 EDDs are meaningless

i've applied several times and get the confirmation email saying they'll be in touch but then never hear anything. i guess this means you actually need to call them to complete the loan application.
Yes, after the initial email confirmation you have to call them to finalize and that requires the VIN & MVPA uploaded to the link in that email. They are apparently understaffed, so phone call waits can be 2 hours holding on - so I only call them when I have hours of computer work to do and listen to their hold music/announcements while I do my computer work. Perhaps their understaffing that leads to long phone wait times contributes to lower rates so I decided that is OK with me.

Reactions: haferc
My stats:
78 days (2.6 mo) between my 5/15 order and getting VIN on 8/1, 96 days (3.2 mo) from order to planned delivery date on 8/19

My thoughts:
1. EDD whiplashing frustration - i suppose we all have to learn to accept rather than get angry with things we don't have control over. This forum has been much cheaper than hiring a therapist to cope with it all :) - thanks to all my therapists here.
2. The long wait time has saved me money. Initial order was thru Tesla financing at a 2.49% rate. Reading posts on the forum, I heard that some people got a 1.24% rate from DCU.org. I checked it out. A CU in MA that allows membership if you sign up for some local org memberships that are cheap to do. So I signed up and tried an auto loan. The 1.99% rate drops by 0.5% if you do direct deposit and another 0.25% if you are getting a car that is >35mpg, getting you to 1.24%. So this basically will cut my interest cost in half. Took me a month or two to hear about this on the forum and figure it out, so if the Tesla was delivered fast it would have cost me more money. Silver lining? I pass this along in case it might save anyone $. Check out the numbers yourself in case things have changed or I typo'd something.
This is exactly the type of thing that helped me with the Model S - forum folks discovered/shared.
1.11% loan from an obscure credit union over an 8 year term. Like free money! (But is also why I'm still paying on the car, lol)
In retrospect, I should have explored whether or not I could take delivery in California and then drive back to the Philly area. Seems like it could have shaved a few weeks off of my delivery, and what better way to enjoy a new Tesla than with a cross country road trip?

This has always been a major regret of mine when we took delivery of the Model S. We've never had time to go all the way from Philly and back so we never went all the way across. Did make it to the Sound of Silence rally in Custer, SD this year though. But it was really hard with a 3 year old.

For anyone unfamiliar, the Sound of Silence rally is a bunch of Tesla owners converging on a small town in South Dakota for the weekend, with picturesque drives through the Black Hills.

Well...the end date was feeling the pressure from the early date inching closer to it one day at a time and like two magnets repelling each other, the force of them being too close together was too great and it sent the late date flying off into September.

Now Aug 20 - Sep 4 for my May 8th #teamblue order. Forever and always "two weeks" away. September 4th would be 17 weeks from my order date if it goes that long...