Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, my EDD is still not showing up. Figured I would give Tesla a call. Told me he sees in his system of October but to expect it "sooner" due to how long I been waiting. If they see any vehicle that can't be delivered they will pull vin. It's getting crazy at this point. Feel like they just tell you whatever and they really don't know.
Have a vacation planned in October around the model Y. Giving it 2-3 weeks if nothing I'll out a order in for a performance and that would almost be certain to have before end of quarter.
I wasn't reading this thread last quarter. Did it get crazy towards the end and people started getting their cars?

How long does Tesla give you to arrange your financing? Mine is part down and part financed. I don't keep a whole lot of money in my checking account and it takes a couple of days to get money transferred from the interest bearing account (at another bank) to my checking account. The loan is approved but will still take a day to process paperwork. Hope Tesla allows sufficient time for the mechanics of the thing.

How long does Tesla give you to arrange your financing? Mine is part down and part financed. I don't keep a whole lot of money in my checking account and it takes a couple of days to get money transferred from the interest bearing account (at another bank) to my checking account. The loan is approved but will still take a day to process paperwork. Hope Tesla allows sufficient time for the mechanics of the thing.

I found this part of the process to be stressful the first time around as well.

Funny story: I left the delivery center without paying for my Model S. Tesla sheepishly called me about half an hour later "Uhh, you forgot the leave the check." Fortunately we were eating dinner at a diner just down the street.

You guys are crazy - it's almost impossible to keep up with this thread. I estimated 1500 pages by my delivery date, and you folks may make that happen. ;)

Sharing my status and progress as of day 63. I always felt like I saw fluctuations around the weekends, so I wanted to mark those on the chart as well.

Edit: I also have a home re-fi in progress, so it's essentially a race to get the Re-Fi closed before the VIN appears, or else it will spell disaster for one if not both of the two.

1628183923482.png

Well, my EDD is still not showing up. Figured I would give Tesla a call. Told me he sees in his system of October but to expect it "sooner" due to how long I been waiting. If they see any vehicle that can't be delivered they will pull vin. It's getting crazy at this point. Feel like they just tell you whatever and they really don't know.
Have a vacation planned in October around the model Y. Giving it 2-3 weeks if nothing I'll out a order in for a performance and that would almost be certain to have before end of quarter.
I wasn't reading this thread last quarter. Did it get crazy towards the end and people started getting their cars?
I had my MYLR showing as October, and I’m going to be in Hawaii basically that whole month. I went in and the SA was able to get an exact 3 day range they were expecting Oct 28-30.

I ended up switching to the MYP to hopefully have it in the 6-8 week range they were saying and I currently have a much earlier EDD. Not sure if your location as as easy to get to as the Scottsdale one is for me, but it was definitely worth it to actually go in and speak in person instead of through text/email/calls with my SA.

Thanks for the insight on delivery dates showing up. The "paperwork" doesn't seem complete yet until insurance info is uploaded, but in PA (and many other states) you can't get proof of insurance until you have VIN.

But after the trade-in offer was pushed through yesterday (after I had to call them to make it happen...) and registration was uploaded, the order seemed "complete." So maybe yesterday is my real trigger date.

Just picked mine up and overall everything went very well. I was out of there in 15 mins and it only took that long because of all the settings to choose from. There was a minor gap issue that I noticed on the tailgate, but they said it was within spec. I also noticed the same gap on another Y, but not all of them. I can live with it. There was also a very tiny dent or maybe paint issue on the passenger front door that they said they will take care of later. Very hard to notice unless the light hits it just right. Everything else looks perfect and the vehicle was detailed well. Also, it does have HEPA. The driving experience is truly amazing. I have never had so much fun driving and I have had some fun cars.

How the pickup worked: I got an alert from the Tesla app on my phone when I got to the parking lot, so the app worked right away. I found the car quickly because they staged it up front. Checked the VIN and hopped in. Inside the vehicle on the center console was a document pack (with pen) and under that pack was the set of keycards (2). I signed the papers and brought them inside to turn in at the front desk. That was it. I never had to show any other documents or ID. They were very friendly and gave me a free toy model 3 for my son. One slight mistake I made - In all the excitement I pulled away before I accepted delivery in the account which prevented premium connectivity from working. So I logged into my Tesla account (website, not app) and accepted delivery (on the page that shows your EDD). Premium connectivity was activated by accepting. I drove an hour home and was disappointed to find myself home faster than I wanted to be. I just don't want to stop driving it! A very good experience overall and well worth the wait.

Autopilot calibrated more quickly than expected and I was able to try it. Surprisingly it worked great on winding back roads, but on a straight main road with clear markings it hugged the center line more than I was comfortable with. I'll have to use it more before I make any judgements though.

I will take some pics later today or tomorrow and share them.

Attachments

• IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    944.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2126.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 54
I had my MYLR showing as October, and I’m going to be in Hawaii basically that whole month. I went in and the SA was able to get an exact 3 day range they were expecting Oct 28-30.

I ended up switching to the MYP to hopefully have it in the 6-8 week range they were saying and I currently have a much earlier EDD. Not sure if your location as as easy to get to as the Scottsdale one is for me, but it was definitely worth it to actually go in and speak in person instead of through text/email/calls with my SA.
Nearest Tesla is 1 hour away lol

Thanks for the insight on delivery dates showing up. The "paperwork" doesn't seem complete yet until insurance info is uploaded, but in PA (and many other states) you can't get proof of insurance until you have VIN.

But after the trade-in offer was pushed through yesterday (after I had to call them to make it happen...) and registration was uploaded, the order seemed "complete." So maybe yesterday is my real trigger date.
Correct. Once you have your payment method set up, and it's asking for insurance information then you are complete (trade in also submitted). If you don't see an EDD yet, then you should expect to soon. If you already see an EDD, then just sit back and be entertained by it's fluctuations and levels of MEANINGLESSNESS!

Reactions: PatrickTM
Ordered 6/18 and 48 days later, still have no EDD showing on my order. Have no idea why it has never shown for me
I had the same problem. No EDD. Also, I had no SA assigned to me. The Tesla people I talked with on the phone told me this was normal, implying the people here are big fat liars. I ordered on 5/25. On 6/18 (yes, same date as your order) I ordered a demo car, sacrificing my $100 deposit. I got the car 10 days later including the six days it took to ship it from Colorado to my home town in southern New Mexico. When I ordered the car it was actually in Utah on its way to Colorado Springs.

I was looking for demo vehicles in the Colorado Springs area. Using <shift>-refresh was better than refresh alone. The cars would usually show up in batches around midnight. In theory I could save the $100 deposit for a demo car with the same specs as in my original order by contacting an SA but that required fast action by the SA I was texting which was not going to happen. The cars would all be gone before the SA would respond late the next morning.

I also lost my free 1,000 supercharger miles. So watch out for that if you decide to get a demo car.

So I have seen people say that insurance is not required to complete the profile, and some say that it is required. Just to be on the safe side, I uploaded my current insurance, and will upload the proper insurance once the vin is assigned.

Reactions: potter287