Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's very likely to get this quarter. EDD disappearing is happening frequently for people, don't worry about it. it will come back some day.
I agree... The wait for my X was 3 months, so I'm at least used to this... I just need to keep telling my wife that it'll get here eventually and everyone is going through the same thing... The only hitch is that our neighbor ordered the same exact car a week before us (Silver, Black, 20", 5, Autopilot) and got his in early June. So I guess the 1 week difference made us miss out on a quick delivery...

Besides Oktoberfest my EDD has been the end of September for the past 2 weeks and the dates have not changed. Feel like this is an EOQ placeholder and with me being on the East coast this will likely turn into October. Hopefully the VINs pickup in the next couple week!

Reactions: potter287
As soon as I saw someone say they saw their VIN in their source code, you know exactly what I went and did. And - shocker, it wasn’t there 😁
I tried the source code trick on Sunday and no VIN. And then, Monday morning, I got the email to accept and my VIN appeared. So it was never there for me.

We have a Model 3 as my daily driver, and my wife drives a 2011 Sequoia that gets maybe 13 mpg. We originally planned to get rid of the Sequoia and for her to have the MY, but she now works from home permanently and only drives maybe a few miles here and there for errands/kid stuff occasionally. I drive a lot for work and the extra range (I have a SR+ M3 so not a ton of range) of the MY will help me out and save me from supercharging on my longer commutes I do a couple times a month. So she is going to take the M3 and I’m getting the MY.
I'm pretty excited to become a 2 Tesla family. I admit that I hate when I have to drive her car instead of mine. It's to the point where if her car is in the driveway and mine is in the garage, and I only need to do a quick 10 minute errand, I seriously consider moving her car out of the way and bringing my car out of the garage rather than just drive hers...

Awwwww 🥺🥺🥺 this is what I dread about my little one getting older
Enjoy it, because it does go fast. The fun times far outweigh the rough times. That said, my youngest is now off to college and we will be empty nesters in about a week when my son goes back for his sophomore year. My wife has cried to the point she's dehydrated. I have celebrated an equal amount!

Enjoy it, because it does go fast. The fun times far outweigh the rough times. That said, my youngest is now off to college and we will be empty nesters in about a week when my son goes back for his sophomore year. My wife has cried to the point she's dehydrated. I have celebrated an equal amount!
This is reassuring because we are in the trenches right now dealing with molars and the 18 month sleep regression. I don’t know how to cope and questioning everything I do as a parent 😂

I swear there is a Tesla on every other corner in NYC now too. And Long Island is loaded with them. I’ve been away on active duty for a year since last June and the entire dynamic went from literally none to driving next to one every few miles.
I was just in Switzerland for 2 weeks and saw the same thing. During my last trip there 2 years ago, seeing a Tesla was an oddity, but this year they were everywhere. My wife and I started calling them out when we spotted one but had to stop after a while.

Reactions: CSTARZZ
Good luck with Carvana!! For us, it was the easiest car transaction we’ve ever had and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Hopefully same for you!
We wish we would've gone with them. We went with Vroom and they've been a nightmare. I called them on Monday to tell them we're unavailable for pickup on Saturday and Sunday and when do they schedule pickup... Sunday. Like seriously this is why I called you days ago, and then they won't contact me but my husband because his name comes first on the title. That's even though I put my info down in the section they have for who will be handling pick up... Don't use vroom it's awful. Between them and Tesla it feels like a race to the bottom of who can't communicate.

• Informative
Reactions: MBx4
We wish we would've gone with them. We went with Vroom and they've been a nightmare. I called them on Monday to tell them we're unavailable for pickup on Saturday and Sunday and when do they schedule pickup... Sunday. Like seriously this is why I called you days ago, and then they won't contact me but my husband because his name comes first on the title. That's even though I put my info down in the section they have for who will be handling pick up... Don't use vroom it's awful. Between them and Tesla it feels like a race to the bottom of who can't communicate.
Dang, that sucks. We did have to meet Carvana halfway to drop the car off, but that’s only because we live essentially in the middle of nowhere halfway between Denver and Salt Lake and they don’t have employees here.

Have you checked Carvana’s offer? Maybe you could switch?

Reactions: Jermayan
I'm pretty excited to become a 2 Tesla family. I admit that I hate when I have to drive her car instead of mine. It's to the point where if her car is in the driveway and mine is in the garage, and I only need to do a quick 10 minute errand, I seriously consider moving her car out of the way and bringing my car out of the garage rather than just drive hers...
I hear you - exactly the same feeling I have. Can’t wait to see both Tesla’s side by side in the garage and never have to visit a gas station again!

I don’t post here often but I thought it was worth providing an update on my thinking. Just found out from my SA that my finance approval is good through September 12th. My OD was June 5th and like many of you I have had EDDs all over the place. I currently have no EDD. I recently put down a REFUNDABLE $100 deposit to reserve a Hyundai Ioniq 5. Up until recently every car in my family was a Hyundai (Genesis, Santa Fe, Sonata) and I’ve had a good track record with them. More importantly, it looks like a great vehicle and has the exact same tow rating as the MY.

I’m not going to renew my finance app if it expires before I get a MY. It’s likely going to be October before I hear anything. The Ioniq 5 is due in “the fall” and the concierge rep who called me when I made the reservation said it’s likely to be out late September early October. I will have an interesting decision to make if that’s the case. In all honesty, it wouldn’t surprise me if the Ioniq 5 is out before I hear anything from Tesla. They definitely have quite a bit to learn about client communication. I’m in software customer success leadership and could never get away with something like this.

The good news is, having an alternative has allowed me to be less stressed out about the state of my MYLR order. It’s certainly too late to worry about the value of my current vehicle. That ship has sailed. I will admit that the inflated value of my F150 was a factor in my decision to order a MY. It would have allowed me to put down a sizable deposit. I’m committed to having an EV now so I’m less focused on the cost.

I hope this helps the EDD trackers on this channel.

I learned a lot from this forum with the whole financing expiring. I set mine to cash and will change to finance when I received my vin. My SA agreed this the way to go and she recommends it to all clients.

Reactions: Hangover