Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is reassuring because we are in the trenches right now dealing with molars and the 18 month sleep regression. I don’t know how to cope and questioning everything I do as a parent 😂
With my 5 year old, I had to rock her to sleep every night until she was 1 year and a half. You know how it is with the first born. Lots of toys, being worried and careful about everything, spoiled by us and the grandparents. Our 1 year old, pandemic baby, was different. She was able to sleep through the night at a little over 1 month. Soothes herself to sleep.

My wife and I were home everyday so we got to spend a lot of time with ours kids. Whenever I look at our 5 year old I’m happy and sad at the same time. Sad because of how fast she grew up. When I look at my 1 year old, she’s this little bundle of joy and want to enjoy the moment because she too will grow up in a blink of an eye.

I had to buy 3 new car seats recently because my wife’s car is just not as big as my previous cars. Never had problems with car seats being too wide before. At least we will have 2 car seats for each car when my MY gets here.

June 2nd NJ order here

Date had been steady after October Fiasco, actually last two days early EDD moving away, but later one staying put. And it seems like the EDD changes right after 9AM EST now a days.

08/03, 08/04 - EDD 08/18 - 09/07
08/05 - EDD 08/19 - 09/07
08/06 - EDD 08/20 - 09/07

I am feeling lucky this weekend "VIN is Coming" :po_O

Good Luck everyone. :cool:
Good luck! a VIN-win for you this weekend is a win for this whole group!!

Another 1 day added to the front of the EDD. On the bright side I think this is the smallest delivery window I have had.
1628262465745.png

Reactions: CSTARZZ
June 2nd NJ order here

Date had been steady after October Fiasco, actually last two days early EDD moving away, but later one staying put. And it seems like the EDD changes right after 9AM EST now a days.

08/03, 08/04 - EDD 08/18 - 09/07
08/05 - EDD 08/19 - 09/07
08/06 - EDD 08/20 - 09/07

I am feeling lucky this weekend "VIN is Coming" :po_O

Good Luck everyone. :cool:
Those are my exact dates! Hmmm

I think Black interiors are starting soon.

Reactions: TESRP
My kids are all older and gigantic and there are 3 of them so squeezing all 5 of us in the Model 3 is not a fun experience on anything more than a short drive, but I hate driving the Sequoia SO much knowing that it dumps 5 gallons of gas out of the tailpipe every time I touch the gas pedal so I force everyone into my M3 if we are all going somewhere together. 😁
I’m 6’3”, my oldest is 6’1”, and the others are catching up. My daughter is pretty tiny so she will be in the 3rd row of the MY (if we ever get it) for future road trips. It is pretty rare we all 5 go anywhere together anymore since they are getting older…
I have a similar issue, hoping my boys fit in the Y well. The oldest is 6’5 300 and the small one is 6’2” 225. Lol. My daughter is petite 5’6” 110. That is going to be an interesting backseat!

So I've been thinking about this thread and what it says about us and Tesla. It's a great place to hang out and vent about what Tesla is "doing" to us, but I've come to the realization we are spoiled brats. Hell, we're worse than Millenials! (That's a joke guys. I'm a Baby Boomer.) I may be all wrong, but I don't know of any other auto manufacturer that:

Allows you to reserve a car with $100 down.
Allows you to change the specs after you've ordered a car.
Allows you to recieve free updates to your car after you've ordered it.
Allows you to cancel your order at any time for any reason.
Allows you to ship it most anywhere regardless of where you purchased it.
Allows you to put your order on hold.
And in my case allow me to keep the original price from my original order hold date.

Until last night I didn't even have an EDD (Sep. 2 to 22 Now 4-24). If it hadn't been for my SA I wouldn't have known if Tesla still had my order. I can complain with the best of them, but when I think about it I find myself saying "Damn, that's pretty cool." And for just $100 no less.
All good points and a fewvreasons why they sell cars.
But they are:
Also the only manufacturer without customer service or public relations
Only manufacturer that removes hardware and features without any consideration
Only manufacturer that can not provide an EDD inside a 60 day window
Only manufacturer that delivers cars consistently with quality issues.

It is not so much being spoiled as it is meeting luxury car expectations.Credible EV competition, when it happens within this decade will either turn Tesla into another Saturn or motivate them to address a few issues.

Reactions: Jermayan
I wonder when Tesla will stop making White interiors and switch to Black interiors?

Almost everyone that has gotten a Vin has been White interior.

I think I’ve seen maybe two Black interiors assigned in the last 2 weeks.
Wait wait wait not yet, hold the bus. They need to make mine first before they move on 😂

Last edited:
I have a similar issue, hoping my boys fit in the Y well. The oldest is 6’5 300 and the small one is 6’2” 225. Lol. My daughter is petite 5’6” 110. That is going to be an interesting backseat!
You sir, have a large family!! 6'5 and 300?!!?!?!!?! hehe must be fun to give your boys bear hugs. I give my son hugs too but hes so scrawny!

@Hangover, I'm in that camp. The MY is for my wife but I'm much more excited about it than she is.
I wish it was for my wife so I could keep the Model S. The wife was intimidated by the tech in the S but we like the additional range, faster charging, and reclining rear seats of the Y. Wife is old school (which helps keep me grounded) and prefers to keep driving her 16-year-old Lexus that she bought as her first car. She barely put 5K miles on the Lexus annually before the pandemic and much less now. At this rate the Lexus will last another 10 years easy and has held up exceptionally well. We have been a longtime Lexus faithful but they don’t make Lexus cars like they used to. The pinnacle of Lexus design/dependability was that 2000-2006 generation across their line-up.

Sorry, went way off tangent. The Y will be the family car since I love to drive and we put majority of the miles on “my car” anyways. I would love my wife to embrace/take the Y, but I don’t see it happening and that’s okay.

I didn’t sign up for this feels trip, y’all 🥺

thats so sweet and heartwarming, you sound like a wonderful parent! ❤️

Aww, ty. Actually, what saddens me most is that my son has been wanting a Tesla since he got his drivers license. He was super excited when I placed the order in June as we thought it would mean he'd be there when I took delivery. As the date has been slipping past Aug 20 (his college move in date) it's gone from "maybe it will come earlier" to "can you FaceTime me when you're taking delivery?".

Already told my wife that I'm taking delivery and driving the 450 miles from the delivery center to his college campus so he'll unexpectedly get to drive it on delivery day.