Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All good points and a fewvreasons why they sell cars.
But they are:
Also the only manufacturer without customer service or public relations
Only manufacturer that removes hardware and features without any consideration
Only manufacturer that can not provide an EDD inside a 60 day window
Only manufacturer that delivers cars consistently with quality issues.

It is not so much being spoiled as it is meeting luxury car expectations.Credible EV competition, when it happens within this decade will either turn Tesla into another Saturn or motivate them to address a few issues.
We were between the MY and the Audi E-Tron. The nearest Audi dealership is 90 minutes away. They sent a lot tech who drove the E-Tron down to us so we could test drive it here in our home town. They also would’ve picked up the car from us, provided a loaner car when it needed to go in for service, and then would’ve delivered it back I told us when service was complete. Lastly, they have a charger at the dealership and we would’ve been able to use it any time we were that way and needed to top off. Ultimately, the decision came down to range and the Supercharger network and then E-Tron just can’t compete. But I was shocked at the level of above and beyond customer service that Audi was offering vs this fend for ourselves with Tesla. Still so excited for the MY, but the experiences have been so different 😂

Reactions: PatrickTM
why did you reject it? was it that bad? Please let us know the reason.
I posted probably several hundred pages ago about it. It was bittersweet getting a VIN on 7/22 and realizing it was oddly so low/old (217xxx vs latest ones with 232xxx at the time). It was a month-old, built 6/25, and lacked HEPA. I was disappointed because three other friends that ordered around the same time had already taken deliveries of cars with HEPA. I suspected this was a rejected car getting re-assigned to me. I couldn’t reach anyone at Tesla and my SA wasn’t much help on verifying whether the car had HEPA or not, so I went to the SC to sort things out. Staff said the car is parked out front and to take a look.

I confirmed no-HEPA but also saw employees already circled a dent and highlighted other problem areas. I was under the impression 2021 MY is built better than 2020 versions. This was clearly an example of EOQ rush, I think. Tesla would have fixed the issues, and the wait sucks, but my wife and I were not desperate enough to acccept the car. It took four days to unmatch the VIN. My SA would unmatch it and the VIN would re-attach to my account minutes later. I feared the car would still show up on my driveway on the following Monday and kick-start my loan. Fortunately it all got sorted out. Staff said I would be kicked to the end of the queue for rejecting the car but I didn’t believe that. My EDD has been sitting steady at mid-August since then, currently Aug 8 - Aug 19.

F3A0FDA1-AFBC-4869-85FD-160F560F3A40.jpeg
D9562B84-402D-4FB3-ACFF-B3F8F0D012C0.jpeg
6610C43D-FF94-45E7-9052-5AB87D7BE47C.jpeg
E7E097EF-4F1B-4363-9354-CF836A8478AB.jpeg

Last edited:
It was honestly sort of scary how easy it was...but I suppose now the real wait begins as my wife and I enter the "one car:two people" phase of waiting on a Tesla-- like so many others!
Glad it went great!! Shocking how fast they are with the $$ transfer, right?! We’re also a 1 car crew now. It’s been real fun 😂🙈😂

Reactions: bap1803691
Thankfully I am still working from home for the time being so my car sat in the garage most of the time anyways! I would be in an Uber before she'd even let me take that risk! ha

Tangentially--she just recently got a brand new 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid. She had a 2018 Tucson before that and I gotta say--Hyundai and Kia are making some excellent design choices!
We don’t even have Uber in our town right now 🙈 all the drivers quit!!

• Disagree
Reactions: TESRP and CSTARZZ
You all will appreciate this. My phone buzzed and I look over to see a call coming from CA. Soo....yep, I take the chance and answer hoping to hear "Hi this is Elon from Tesla...." but it was someone trying to set me up with a medical marijuana card. I am still on the phone with them haha
I think the telemarketers are lurking in Current Wait Times and figuring out how to get contact info to troll all of us 😂

Yes we’re pretty much on the same timeline with the trade in too! My trade-in did expire again on the 3rd (currently awaiting the new offer). Right before it expired I was at a late August date. Once it expired I got bundled into that October shift a lot of people experienced and now I have the current September 10th - 30th dates.

Kind of feels like every time it expires the dates move back quite a bit. Is it the same for you?
Yep. I finally got a hold of an SA today to push through the trade-in update. Price went down about $1K but not shifting in EDD - still 9/9-9/29. He did mention he sees I'll likely be getting a VIN in the next 2 weeks. No idea where he got that info from or was just blowing smoke to get me off the phone :p.

Hoping to get delivered in August still. I may just cancel my trade-in since now other offers are about $1K higher. SA confirmed this won't have any effect on my EDD or VIN placement.

Reactions: Ryachu
As much as I want my car, I think I am more excited for @CSTARZZ getting his VIN and car. I do have a bottle of DOM that my client got me when we successfully closed on their house, so maybe @CSTARZZ car delivery would be a perfect time to celebrate! Let's live stream it!!! =)))
tenor.gif
Awww that’s so nice of you. I rather you save it for your VINS arrival. I’ll be ok I’m sure. My roller coaster feels just go much lower and much higher than others. It will be ok. Thank you so much for your kindness though! ❤️

I posted probably several hundred pages ago about it. It was bittersweet getting a VIN on 7/22 and realizing it was oddly so low/old (217xxx vs latest ones with 232xxx at the time). It was a month-old, built 6/25, and lacked HEPA. I was disappointed because three other friends that ordered around the same time had already taken deliveries of cars with HEPA. I suspected this was a rejected car getting re-assigned to me. I couldn’t reach anyone at Tesla and my SA wasn’t much help on verifying whether the car had HEPA or not, so I went to the SC to sort things out. Staff said the car is parked out front and to take a look.

I confirmed no-HEPA but also saw employees already circled a dent and highlighted other problem areas. Tesla would have fixed the issues, and the wait sucks, but my wife and I were not desperate enough to acccept the car. It took four days to unmatch the VIN. My SA would unmatch it and the VIN would re-attach to my account minutes later. I feared the car would still show up on my driveway on the following Monday and kick-start my loan. Fortunately it all got sorted out. Staff said I would be kicked to the end of the queue for rejecting the car but I didn’t believe that. My EDD has been sitting steady at mid-August since then, currently Aug 8 - Aug 19.

View attachment 693019View attachment 693020View attachment 693021View attachment 693022
Ahhh…this gives me such anxiety!!! I’m gonna flip my lid if we wait for 3 months for this car and it’s all jacked up 😳

Reactions: HelloxLuffy