Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my MYP on August 5th. The initial EDD was 6-8 weeks, which would take me to early October, but it changed to “August 22 - September 11” yesterday.

I was wondering why is everybody providing their initial VIN# such as 231xxx, 243xxx? what does that mean?

Thanks.

so sharing your VIN gives everyone a comparison for their VIN for instance, a 225 VIN started in the beginning of July and that is when Tesla started putting HEPA filters in the MY. So with that information a 217 VIN we know that it was built before the HEPA filter and was probably built in June and if you received now, it would mean that it has sat around for a little bit. But with a VIN of ~243 would be like fresh off the assembly line in the last day or two

Exact same spec order the same day, congrats… WHERE IS MY VIN ELON?!?!?!
I remember we have the exact same order date and configurations. I hope this means yours coming soon too. My EDD been shrinking everyday before VIN until finally hit Aug 20-30 so keep an eye of that EDD action.

Also not sure if this is another sign or not but I noticed i couldn’t open manage orders from Tesla dashboard using my Iphone Safari browser the morning before I got the VIN while it always worked before (I refreshed 50 times a day like everyone else here) so I had to open it in chrome. Kinda weird coincidence but my mind now thinks that they were assigning VIN on my order and Safari browser dont like it lol.

Reactions: CSTARZZ
hey friends,

Just started back at work this week so haven’t been on as much. EDD has been pretty consistent at around 15 - 30 Sept for the last two weeks, +/- 2 days on the front end. This morning the front day moved up to 10 Sept. I saw some stuff on earlier pages about the date windows getting smaller as a possible indicator that a VIN is near, which if thats the case not good news for ol’ Josh here.

I am not sure why my EDD is so far outside the range of peoples who ordered at the same time, but my trade-in offer should expire again today or tomorrow, so yay. Last time my EDDs shifted from early August to September and never moved back so this should be a pretty crappy experience.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone and I hope good news is around the corner for all!

hey friends,

Just started back at work this week so haven’t been on as much. EDD has been pretty consistent at around 15 - 30 Sept for the last two weeks, +/- 2 days on the front end. This morning the front day moved up to 10 Sept. I saw some stuff on earlier pages about the date windows getting smaller as a possible indicator that a VIN is near, which if thats the case not good news for ol’ Josh here.

I am not sure why my EDD is so far outside the range of peoples who ordered at the same time, but my trade-in offer should expire again today or tomorrow, so yay. Last time my EDDs shifted from early August to September and never moved back so this should be a pretty crappy experience.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone and I hope good news is around the corner for all!
Only this thread could make someone depressed about the dates moving closer!

I'm right there with you in September. Day 70 😞

so sharing your VIN gives everyone a comparison for their VIN for instance, a 225 VIN started in the beginning of July and that is when Tesla started putting HEPA filters in the MY. So with that information a 217 VIN we know that it was built before the HEPA filter and was probably built in June and if you received now, it would mean that it has sat around for a little bit. But with a VIN of ~243 would be like fresh off the assembly line in the last day or two
Precisely. Great explanation. Sharing VINs helps the rest of us since it provides anecdotal data points to determine timing, production, etc.

One caveat is that VINs are not manufactured perfectly sequentially. They are batched. For example, there is a chance that a 242xxx might be produced (and assigned to customer) a day or two before a 241xxx.

Day shift as usual on the front end date. But window’s getting smaller. Now Aug 21 - Sep 01. #teamblue #MYLR #May23
I definitely take that as a good sign. That is basically what I just saw happen. Size of the window shrank a little despite the whole window sliding out 1 day each day. Now I'm stuck waiting to get the delivery day scheduling phone call. I called Richmond store yesterday and left a message since I have an easy ride to store this coming Friday which is inside the "final" EDD window.

Only this thread could make someone depressed about the dates moving closer!

I'm right there with you in September. Day 70 😞
Its definitely making my inner Catholic come out, Im about to start confessing my sins against Elon:
-Didnt think he was funny on SNL
-Dumped my DOGE
-Made poopy pants comments about the SpaceX space suits
-Refused to buy TSLA stock in 2013 because I thought it was a “fad”
-Got poopy pants over his appearance with Joe Rogan
-Expressed confusion over how to pronounce his kids name
-Was slightly judgey of the whole Grimes and Elon romance thing (now I realize they are perfect for each other)

I must not be remembering them all so that I can atone for all my failures.

-edited to include more sins to confess. This is now my main effort to influence my delivery.

Last edited: