Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine also updated overnight... and I've decided that if anyone ever put me on an EKG while refreshing the Tesla site, I bet it would look surprisingly similar to my EDD chart... Though they'd have to argue over putting me in a mental institution for this crap and the cardiac ward...
1628508943643.png

Model Y PSA: Two other friends received their MY two weeks ago and already scratched their Induction wheels. On top of that, one even closed their garage door on the hatch and scratched it.

Just a reminder to approach curbs with extra care and give yourself more room than you think you’ll need until you get used to the car’s dimensions. Also, use your side mirrors tilted down when reversing to avoid curb rash.

Our garage has plenty of clearance for the adjustable hatch height, but be aware of how far that hatch sticks out. I parked the car in the garage and there was 20” at the front and a few inches at the rear with the garage door closed. I opened the garage door again and then opened the hatch and realized the car needed to be further in another 8” for the hatch to safely open in a closed garage. I worried that a family member might accidentally open the hatch in a closed garage or not pay attention and close the garage while the hatch was open. Now I know exactly how far in to park and avoid any accidental contact between the garage door and hatch (open or closed).
FYI - You can adjust how high the liftgate opens up. Page 16 in manual. From experience I will warn you to watch your head after you’ve adjusted it lower.

Adjusting Liftgate Opening Height

You can adjust the opening height of the powered liftgate to make it easier to reach or to avoid low- hanging ceilings or objects (for example, a garage door or light):

1. Open the trunk, then manually lower or raise the liftgate to the desired opening height.

2. Press and hold the button on the underside of the liftgate for three seconds until you hear a confirmation chime.

3. Confirm that you have set it to the desired height by closing the powered liftgate, then reopening it.