Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As there isn't much activity or changes today. Let's see if we can have some conversation. Please reply to this and state why you are waiting so much for your car. It could be that you don't have a car and need one now. Or it could just be that, I bought it and I want it and it's okay and feel free to state that.

My reason. I wasn't in a hurry before. I ordered on June 3 and wasn't active that much and used to check EDD rarely. I had 2 cars and was planning to replace one of them. Got a good price for my car and sold it to CarMax. I was able to live with one car as we work from home most of the time and me and wife don't need to commute on same day. Unfortunately it got rear ended on June 18th by a FREAKING girl who was on her phone and going 85 on a 55. Her insurance provided me a rental car but I took to my preferred body shop so the insurance is giving me hard time in extending rental and only give one or two day extensions only citing that the body shop isn't sending information fast. Having a hard time trying to talk to both body shop and insurance and keeping my rental. I'm just vexed and want my tesla so I don't need to deal with these.
Hey look, some positivity!

For me, I've always been super interested in Tesla, because I'm just a huge gadget nerd. I'm not really a "car guy", so some of the car-specific things (speed, performance, etc.) aren't particularly important. I never ever thought I'd be in a position to afford a Tesla, though. However, I got insanely lucky because the startup I joined almost ten years ago (and have since left) finally paid out my equity, and I was suddenly able to at least put some money towards something frivolous that I don't really need. I'm trading in my 2016 Hyundai Tucson (a car I absolutely love), and ever since I ordered the MY, there's been a few things that I'm especially looking forward to:
  1. Autopilot for the highway. My Tucson only has normal cruise control, and most driving I do ends up being on the highway, typically in really crappy Chicago traffic driving out to the suburbs. I can't wait to be able to throw on Autopilot and just not spend 1-2 hours every day swapping from the gas to the break every 6 seconds.
  2. No car key. This seems like such a small thing, but it's actually a lot of mental energy suddenly saved by just not having to find my keys to open the car, or worry about having the car key in general. I play softball most nights, and I very consciously have to tell myself to make sure to grab my keys, attach them to my bag, and then have them when I'm done. I can't remember the last time I actually had to consciously think about grabbing my phone.
  3. Unfortunately, this won't apply for about a year when I can buy a house, but I'm so excited to be able to charge at home. Again, it's not like there's a shortage of gas stations nearby, but it just feels really liberating to never really have to worry about "filling up" outside of taking a road trip somewhere.
Can't wait for all these dreams to come true in 6-12 years...

As there isn't much activity or changes today. Let's see if we can have some conversation. Please reply to this and state why you are waiting so much for your car. It could be that you don't have a car and need one now. Or it could just be that, I bought it and I want it and it's okay and feel free to state that.

My reason. I wasn't in a hurry before. I ordered on June 3 and wasn't active that much and used to check EDD rarely. I had 2 cars and was planning to replace one of them. Got a good price for my car and sold it to CarMax. I was able to live with one car as we work from home most of the time and me and wife don't need to commute on same day. Unfortunately it got rear ended on June 18th by a FREAKING girl who was on her phone and going 85 on a 55. Her insurance provided me a rental car but I took to my preferred body shop so the insurance is giving me hard time in extending rental and only give one or two day extensions only citing that the body shop isn't sending information fast. Having a hard time trying to talk to both body shop and insurance and keeping my rental. I'm just vexed and want my tesla so I don't need to deal with these.
I need a car because my lease is expiring this month. Test drove a couple of other EVs, including ID4 which has great price. Went back and fort between multiple options, even considered buying a temporary car to wait for new EVs in 2022. At the end of the day though, i decided that im done paying for gas and would very much prefer not have to go through typical car dealerships. So here we are.

Really Im glad I found this sub. You guys are awesome, I learned so much and bought so many accessories ?

Back to October too.

I'm jealous of all who are still remote. I had to start coming in twice a week in July and the entire neighborhood surrounding my building is an active construction zone and we don't have dedicated parking while they build us a garage. In the mean time I park, literally, on piles of rocks, glass, potholes, trash and broken concrete/asphalt. And I can't see my car from my window like I used to pre-pandemic because the construction took those options away. Right now my Model 3 is sort of a "beater" because it's 3.5 years old, rattles to all hell, and got curb rash at 2 weeks old due to snow. So driving a brand new Model Y to park in these conditions is really making me nervous. Do I bring the 6.5 year old S that's still damn near flawless? The MY is meant to be my daily driver and the S is bigger than I prefer. Sigh...

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM

Well, I moved from SF to Austin, and got some great offers on my 2016 Honda Fit, and it didnt make much sense to ship that car, so I sold it. I placed the order much before selling it, in hopes that I'd not be much longer without a car in Austin, and thought I could just walk everywhere. I didnt realize how much you need a car in Austin, I have been getting by without a car for most part, and getting a rental on some weekends, but that has been getting really expensive.

Funny you say this, I saw somewhere that in Asia somewhere, they eat burger flavored ice cream between two pieces of bread.
That is an interesting concept. Although nothing takes the cake like Coke's Beverly, a gold looking soda that tastes like Xanax. Its so gross, I think they offer it in france, and can remember completely. Used to be able to test different sodas from around the world at Disney's Epcot.
Can confirm Beverly is horrendous. Tasted it at the Atlanta Coke Museum/Factory Tour thing and at the end they have a demo of a selection of Coke products sold around the world. It was a lot of fun doing a soda fountain tour, but Beverly is always the "I dare you to try it" beverage.

If you’ve never lived with a Tesla I wouldn’t say that. While others are trying to build cars and a network like Tesla they are years behind. Should Tesla improve customer service? Absolutely! But I doubt you’ll say “F that, never again” once you’ve owned one.

Anyone who has done any research on buying a Tesla knows what they are getting into. I owned one and sold it for a profit. Now I’m waiting for my second one. I’m anxious, but not angry. It’s like knowing you are getting what you want for Christmas, but they keep moving the date. You’re disappointed, but just can’t stop smiling.

How much you want to bet. If they don't fix this problem they have, I will not buy another one. It is a car, it doesn't need to be a Tesla. If they can't handle the ordering process with the demand, how will they deal with the charging network demand, how will they hand service center demand?

I know a *sugar* storm is happening for Tesla right now, that's why I haven't walked yet. But if they go through this and nothing changes....the relationship between Tesla and I will not work. I have been driving $1000 cars for the majority of my life, this car is a treat to myself for all the hard work that I have done. When it comes to electric cars, yes Tesla has an edge, but there are other cars that offer the 200+ range, I don't care about the acceleration. Tesla's value is the charging network, and I can now get that with another car.

So we can agree to disagree, I have done my research for the last 4 years, the difference is that I also know that it is just a car and other companies will catch them, from the car and range aspect. Maybe not today but in a few years. I don't need a car that has 500 miles of range, no one does. In my opinion is that Tesla is starting to focus on the wrong aspects to gain mass adoption.

Well, I moved from SF to Austin, and got some great offers on my 2016 Honda Fit, and it didnt make much sense to ship that car, so I sold it. I placed the order much before selling it, in hopes that I'd not be much longer without a car in Austin, and thought I could just walk everywhere. I didnt realize how much you need a car in Austin, I have been getting by without a car for most part, and getting a rental on some weekends, but that has been getting really expensive.
I moved from SF to Austin too (in 2019). I was in dog patch/Potrero before making the jump!

Reactions: PatrickTM

For me I have been actively planning the purchase of a Tesla for a while (also debated the Mach e), and I always went back and forth on when, well that came to pass when my current car's AC went out on a trip up to the mountains and then started hearing a slight rattle soon after. That was the nail in the coffin and immediately test drove and ordered. So I'd like this car ASAP, but I need to be realistic too.

Of course now my girlfriend's car is also in the shop, and renting is ridiculous. Luckily my mom has allowed me to borrow her car from time to time as I don't want to touch my car until I go to sell it, though feeling more and more I may have to put money into it, and I really prefer not to.

But this is just something I've investigated, researched for a while, I haven't bought a "new" car since I graduated college. So this is also partially a treat for me as well.

Also I like gadgets and tech.

If they can't handle the ordering process with the demand, how will they deal with the charging network demand, how will they hand service center demand?
I don't think enough people are paying attention to the charging network issue. Tesla sales are skyrocketing AND they're going to open up Superchargers. In the city of Chicago, there's basically two Supercharging stations that are somewhat-easily accessible, and there's like two other ones in the whole metro area. Unless they have active plans to increase the network by like 10x, charging is going to be a miserable experience.

Im sure these next two weeks, its gonna be like bang bang bang bang! You get a VIN! You get a VIN! You all get a VIN!!

Yes! I’m digging the positive vibes
Ha! Thats a great area, and I miss SF a lot haha, I used to be in Outer Sunset, like 2 blocks from Ocean Beach, and 3 blocks from GGP. Fun times :)
Love it, I miss it a lot too 🙂

I don't think enough people are paying attention to the charging network issue. Tesla sales are skyrocketing AND they're going to open up Superchargers. In the city of Chicago, there's basically two Supercharging stations that are somewhat-easily accessible, and there's like two other ones in the whole metro area. Unless they have active plans to increase the network by like 10x, charging is going to be a miserable experience.
So what you're saying is that Charging and Waiting for a new ordered car is going to be a similar experience?