Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD updated to 8/10 - 8/21, the end date has been sticking the same
(if my theory is correct, I should get a vin around the 11/12 range..)

Ordered on 7/8:
MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

7/9 modified order:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28
8/1: 8/3 - 8/21
8/2: 9/5 - 9/25
8/3: 8/5 - 8/21
8/4: 8/6 - 8/21
8/5: 8/7 - 8/21
8/6: 8/8 - 8/21
8/7: 8/9 - 8/21
8/9: 8/10 - 8/21 as of today!
Mine has been changing all over the place. Order date 14/07. Delivery date ranged from Sept end, to early Aug to Sept end to October end and now completely missing as of 2 days. MY LR White 7 seat standard config. In Ontario/Canada.

The MY is much much much quieter than my x1. Like night and day. I do have M-Sport suspension though with quiet tread tires.
I feel like the MY is so much more pleasing to drive and hit in that my x1, the seats are softer, the ride is smoother and quieter, and take off is quick unlike im 245hp x1. The simplicity of the cabin is everything, less buttons, more atmosphere. Literally my car has more buttons than i know what to do with. I see the MY as luxury. When i tested it on i75 at 90mph (dont tell them, lol) it was souper quiet, and smooth. I fell in love with it.
This. My wife and I are definitely comparing the MYLR to BMW, Mercedes, and Audi SUVs. Why wouldn't we? We need transportation. We have a certain amount of money to get that transportation that aligns with those offerings. However, we personally consider the Model Y more "luxury" than the BMW X3, for example. That thing has more buttons, switches, paddles, and knobs than you could use is a lifetime. It's anxiety inducing just sitting still in the driveway. The Mercedes has "luxury" interior, but it's like 40 different materials seemingly randomly assembled. Busy. My wife did her best to hate Tesla ... until she finally sat in one. No buttons. No busy interior. Amazing seats. Simplicity. We find that far more luxurious/

• Love
Reactions: CSTARZZ
I'm getting the MYP because of all the tech and it goes like snot. If anything I'm a bit apprehensive about the electric drivetrain due to the inability to go from 0-100% energy capacity in 5 minutes, practically anytime/anywhere. But I've got buddies who have taken the plunge and that aspect hasn't been an issue for them and I don't think I'll have any trouble adapting. FWIW I cross shopped this with SQ5 and X5 50i and in the end it came down to reliability, depreciation and cool factor, three areas I think the MYP wins.

Also, to stay on topic, I'm back in the 6-8 week club.

Well the key with Tesla is they've focused their energy on the things they've found people care about the most. I mean I can't speak for the rest of the country, but it's pretty remarkable to compare a Tesla with just about any other car out there purely from an interface perspective. I couldn't even tell you how many physical buttons I have on my Tucson, but I'd say about 90% of them I've never or almost never pressed. Tesla has removed almost all of them, and put the relevant ones into software. It sort of seems like a small thing, but then you remember as a business and a team of designers/engineers/etc., you've just dramatically reduced the number of "things" you need to consider when you build a car and make improvements. Think of how much time, effort, and money most legacy car manufacturers spend this year just to build some stupid button that changes some setting on a car that 99% of owners will never press.
Sure. By removing those buttons, dials, and knobs they've reduced cost, eliminated interface issues, eliminated points of failure, and eliminated weight. An EV already eliminates a ton of costly and heaving components, radiators, transmissions, pumps, gauges, etc. Now they've cleaned up the interior in the same way and removed tons of wiring. With the body they've removed tons of welds and fasteners and tons of labor steps. Now they're going to literally stamp out the car. attach the battery pack, bolt on some electric engines, and insert the interior.

They are going to be cranking out cars at the speed of light at a fraction of the marginal cost.

And in the end the car won't be just a car, it's going to be a service platform like a cell phone. It'll be cranking our 'free' recurring cash flow via the connection subscription, super charger network, FSD subscriptions, performance boost, accessories, etc. I don't think they've even begin to really monetize the platforms yet. They own the entire ecosystem--car, fuel, accessories, service, FSD, insurance, restaurants, connectivity and entertainment--the whole thing.

Last edited:
I think the Tesla brand has some stickiness from the original Ss and Xs which were definitely in the luxury ballpark. It's funny, when Honda and Toyota wanted to go 'luxury' they had to invent new brands; but Tesla started out luxury and is pulling that image down into mid-range. I bet even when the $25K car comes out it'll still retain a little Tesla 'chic' appeal.

I've actually speculated whether they'd introduce a different brand for that car in case it has to deviate too far from what Elon considers mandatory levels of performance.
I think with EVs, a lot of existing frameworks and paradigms will be completely restructured. For instance, without an engine and traditional auto/manual transmission, vehicle design can be completely reimagined. No more coupe, sedan, crossover, SUV, minivan, etc. - there will be many more inter-segment vehicles that could be categorized across multiple segments. Location of battery, passenger compartment, seats, cargo areas, etc. do not necessarily have to be where they've always been, and it'll be interesting to see more creative designs.

Likewise, traditionally notions of premium and luxury will also need to be redefined with EVs. Old school auto journalists and industry analysts have to fit in range, charging efficiency, and battery design into existing frameworks of what makes a car "luxurious" or "premium". It'll take time to normalize and in the interim there will be gray areas, as long as the new genre of EVs are still simultaneously competing against other EVs as well as ICE vehicles.

Well the key with Tesla is they've focused their energy on the things they've found people care about the most. I mean I can't speak for the rest of the country, but it's pretty remarkable to compare a Tesla with just about any other car out there purely from an interface perspective. I couldn't even tell you how many physical buttons I have on my Tucson, but I'd say about 90% of them I've never or almost never pressed. Tesla has removed almost all of them, and put the relevant ones into software. It sort of seems like a small thing, but then you remember as a business and a team of designers/engineers/etc., you've just dramatically reduced the number of "things" you need to consider when you build a car and make improvements. Think of how much time, effort, and money most legacy car manufacturers spend this year just to build some stupid button that changes some setting on a car that 99% of owners will never press.
Funny that you say that, during our test drive my wife remarked that the Tesla was “less techy” than the BMW. When I asked her what she meant, she said you don’t have to be a nerd to figure out how to do everything, which is a complaint she had with the BMW. They have the UI nailed, even if I have quibbles here and there.

Reactions: collaGOunltd
I have a BMW right now, and i could tell you, the x1 is not worth the $48,600 price tag i paid for it. I feel like the MY is super quiet, has great performance, and man-oh-man are the seats so much more comfortable. Leather is hard, and stiff, makes your b*tt hurt after 2 hours of driving. Also my 24miles per gallon i hate, it fill up a lot.

Having been a BMW guy a large portion of my driving life (don't ask how I ended up trading in my X5 for a Ford Raptor) I can say the X1 is nowhere near on par build wise as even the X3. My wife currently drives an X5 and is looking to downsize, and loved the smaller size of the X1. We test drove it, and were surprised by the difference in build quality. A lot of squeaks, rattles and "corners cut" from even the X3.

Ultimately, she went with the X3M and we're waiting for that to be built/delivered. Will be interesting to compare the X3 against the Model Y when both arrive.

Those brands wouldn't be Tesla's main competitors, it would be BMW, Audi, and Mercedes. Tesla is in the Luxury side of things. In my opinion.
We were between the E-Tron and the MY. MY won due to the range and supercharger network. But dang, I really loved the massaging seats and CarPlay in the Audi!!

I think the Tesla brand has some stickiness from the original Ss and Xs which were definitely in the luxury ballpark. It's funny, when Honda and Toyota wanted to go 'luxury' they had to invent new brands; but Tesla started out luxury and is pulling that image down into mid-range. I bet even when the $25K car comes out it'll still retain a little Tesla 'chic' appeal.

I've actually speculated whether they'd introduce a different brand for that car in case it has to deviate too far from what Elon considers mandatory levels of performance.
Back in the day the automakers all felt a branding segmentation need, since their legacy brands all had 'old' issues. Clean slate branding to escape old issues, easy dump if fail.
Tesla doesn't have those issues - any more. They did at first have problems, and continue to take build-quality hits, which Media diligently reports...
Detroit media-buys for print and TV, etc are Mother's Milk to media at many levels.
But if the 'Alien Dreadnought' build quality passes the inspection of consumers and the media then there's no marketing worry at Tesla. No re-branding necessary.
Odds are good for Tesla, yet the memory of Preston Tucker still haunts the annals of carmaking. Be wary of messengers with glad tidings of Infrastructure spending.
My wager is that Tesla is about to get a shakedown from the pols. Pay us, or pay for Union support.
Similar to the Bill Gates / Microsoft shakedown in the 90's. Oh, technology is apolitical? Worng, Mr Gates. And witness Facebook, et al. trying to placate WDC. Hmmmm....

Even with Tesla opening up their charging network to all comers, friction will remain and non-Tesla volume will be a while catching up.
But Tesla will be the favorite target for charging, so traffic volume will rise. It's just better located, easier operated, and just better.
The good news is Tesla won't open up if not paid to do it. The Infrastructure bill is that payday for Tesla. Elon Musk is the MASTER at milking govt subsidies.
Tesla is also going to earn more revenue by allowing all vehicles to charge at their supercharger network, which they'll then use to further build out their supercharger network.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to find out Tesla charges the auto manufacturers a licensing fee to build any of the supercharger compatibility directly into their vehicles.

hey friends,

Just started back at work this week so haven’t been on as much. EDD has been pretty consistent at around 15 - 30 Sept for the last two weeks, +/- 2 days on the front end. This morning the front day moved up to 10 Sept. I saw some stuff on earlier pages about the date windows getting smaller as a possible indicator that a VIN is near, which if thats the case not good news for ol’ Josh here.

I am not sure why my EDD is so far outside the range of peoples who ordered at the same time, but my trade-in offer should expire again today or tomorrow, so yay. Last time my EDDs shifted from early August to September and never moved back so this should be a pretty crappy experience.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone and I hope good news is around the corner for all!
I know this post is couple of days old (just catching up), but I am closely following your order @Joshnolan225 as I have the exact specs in the same SC, just ordered 40 days later. Hopefully you get it soon (as well as others).

Reactions: Joshnolan225
I don't think anybody is ever catching Tesla. They're already a generation ahead, next year when there are legitimate options to the 3/Y Tesla will jump up to 4680, and whenever that happens introduce the $25K car and be stamping out cybertrucks. I think it's possible GM and Ford are already dead men walking; they are too far behind NOW and are only now making decisions about production and raw materials Elon made 3 years ago. A year from now when he's operating at scale with the 4680 and all the giga-presses in place he can almost set whatever price he wants.

And GM better have all their marketing and lobbyists working as hard as they can AGAINST a new tax credit, because if the Model 2 is selling for effectively $15K it's literally game over.
The Cadillac dealership in our town is closing because they refused to invest the $250k to bring the dealership up to current standard and be able to bring on the Lyriq. I really think the Lyriq could be a game changer in styling and luxury, but if the legacy dealers won’t get on board, it’s dead in the water

Compare these two. Tesla MY vs BMW x3M, the Tesla still costs more, when you add the black paint and 20" rims to match the BMW x3M.
Fair enough, if I were to build out the way I wanted. Rough estimate would put the x3M at a 5 year cost 10k more than the Tesla with our 101000 miles that we have put on in the last 5 years. So you could maybe justify the additional cost? maybe? I have never ridden in a BMW. I just know I could justify a 10k jump to go from a Subaru Forester to a Tesla.

But I definitely see how it could be compared with the Tesla.

Anyone lost access to your Tesla manage page? I can't even access to my tesla. I can access to my dashboard, but after clicking my tesla, it loads the same page again. EDD used to be Aug 28th-, went to October on Sunday and this is happening now.