Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love Munro live too! The Model Y teardown was fascinating, especially when they pulled the HVAC systems and had the parts sitting side by side. What I took away from that was Tesla is unencumbered by a past history of automobile production that Ford is. With Ford it's "this is the way we've always done it". With Tesla it's a blank slate at solving age old problems.

One thing I'd love to see in the Model Y though is programmable soft buttons & I don't care where. Even just 3 of them.
YES. physical controls > touchscreens for key functions.

Reactions: RyMY
I asked my wife to change my Tesla account password and keep it to herself until I get an email or text with a real update from Tesla, so that I won’t obsessively check the EDD constantly. I feel peaceful now.
I made the mistake of screenshotting your post and sending it to my wife who is fed up with me over my EDD obsession and now I'm afraid she may force me to give her my account info so she can change the password until I receive an official update from Tesla.

What field of work are you in? I never thought, in a million years as an active duty officer in the USAF, that I'd EVER work from home. But here we are, in month 17, mostly working from home besides specific training & duty events. We were just easing back into the office when Delta Variant hit, and now it's a step backward again. Granted my unit is chock full of civilians, contractors, and we work closely with industry on many projects.

To answer the question posed by @Hangover which is this car is primarily for my spouse as her daily driver, and used as our weekend car, fun trip car, etc. Some on here have heard my story before, which is we've been a successful single-car family for 5+ years now, living in LA and now Boston area, supplementing as needed with a Vespa in LA, and e-bike in Boston. Wouldn't say it's easy, but actually a fun challenge, quite doable for folks who are relatively healthy/fit and can ride safely and defensively in traffic. But with spouse going back to school in early 2022, and what I'm assuming will be in-office work for me at some point, that's our soft deadline for the Model Y order. I won't be super upset if it's late, because we've saved so much money driving only one car ('15 Prius) and I'm not against borrowing a car for a short time from friends nearby.
Well it's the air force and you are an officer. Thought working from home was the normal?
Lol jk

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM
1628538412549.png

Definitely going to vary depending on your location and your current set up. I would recommend getting yourself a quote from a local electrician to find out! Or you can try to do it yourself and take the risk!
Got 2 quotes - the higher quote included it saying it is a must.
The lower quote said not needed but the cost to add it is higher than corresponding cost from quote 1, making the 2 costs the same with permit pulled. So confused.