Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received an email from Tesla with subject “ Get to know your Model Y” ? I did receive same email this morning. At first I thought it was some sort of phishing email, then I clicked on the link anyway, that’s bad!, and I don’t think it had anything to do with delivering the car as I just ordered my MYP on August 5th, so that’s impossible.

In addition, I received a confirmation email with a Microsoft Teams link chat for August 12th, so I think this is a group chat so that you can ask questions, etc. etc. like I said, I ordered on 8/5, have got no VIN, so this is just a “PR” stunt if you ask me.

Thoughts?

Ok so just wanted to let you ( my tesla fam ) know, getting some comments about my grammar and spelling. My parents from Croatia, me born raised in Sweden, moved to US 2006. English is my second language, if I offend someone I apologize that's not my attention. Well now you know :) still the most informative/fun forums that am active in for sure. You guys are the best. Pray for the Vin's to come for you all today.

Back to 8/29 - 9/18 from October.

Anyone else find that a drawback of waiting is that every time a Model Y drives by in a different color you think, wow I really like that maybe I should've gotten that color? Just this morning I saw a black with white interior and I weaved in and out of traffic to catch up to it (another problem with waiting for your car - the reckless attempt to catch a Y in traffic). Yesterday it was a blue.

Has anyone received an email from Tesla with subject “ Get to know your Model Y” ? I did receive same email this morning. At first I thought it was some sort of phishing email, then I clicked on the link anyway, that’s bad!, and I don’t think it had anything to do with delivering the car as I just ordered my MYP on August 5th, so that’s impossible.

In addition, I received a confirmation email with a Microsoft Teams link chat for August 12th, so I think this is a group chat so that you can ask questions, etc. etc. like I said, I ordered on 8/5, have got no VIN, so this is just a “PR” stunt if you ask me.

Thoughts?
I got this email as well. Seems they are holding live information sessions with presentations and Q&A, probably to keep us all at bay while we wait for the actual car to be delivered...

Reactions: racerx2005

Anyone else find that a drawback of waiting is that every time a Model Y drives by in a different color you think, wow I really like that maybe I should've gotten that color? Just this morning I saw a black with white interior and I weaved in and out of traffic to catch up to it (another problem with waiting for your car - the reckless attempt to catch a Y in traffic). Yesterday it was a blue.
I'm in the same boat - second guessing my order color constantly. I did order a black with white interior - how did it look in person? I haven't seen any black Model Ys in person yet...

Wish I can also order a MYP, but I don't feel like changing tires twice a year for NE :p
My exact reason for ordering a MYLR. People who don't live in the Northeast have no idea what the road conditions are like. You want to talk why the infrastructure bill is needed? It's not the snow that is tough to drive in, it's the potholes that winter brings to the roads in the NE.

Ok so just wanted to let you ( my tesla fam ) know, getting some comments about my grammar and spelling. My parents from Croatia, me born raised in Sweden, moved to US 2006. English is my second language, if I offend someone I apologize that's not my attention. Well now you know :) still the most informative/fun forums that am active in for sure. You guys are the best. Pray for the Vin's to come for you all today.
We got your back. It's the people who ask questions that could be answered by Google that annoy me.

1628602964311.png

100%. Yesterday, I saw someone in my parking garage with a new Y in MSM and thought the same.

I'm in the same boat - second guessing my order color constantly. I did order a black with white interior - how did it look in person? I haven't seen any black Model Ys in person yet...
You made a great choice, especially if you keep it clean. This one was black with induction wheels and a window tint that was still light enough to see the driver and the white seats. I feel like I have to tint the windows on the white because I really like the black/white contrast. It really does make it tough when you can't actually see the color in person because they don't have them in stock.

Of course, one then has to weigh is the color change worth potentially resetting the wait.