Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it that bad to drive around during winter with default tires on the MYP?
Performance summer tires lose traction when the weather gets cold. You can get a set of wheels with winter or snow tires. This is what I did with my E90 and E92. Got the winter setup from tire rack. Took me about 45mins to swap them out each season change. Fall -> winter. Winter -> spring. BMW now offers all seasons instead of just performance summers when checking the ZHP.

Reactions: TESRP and Rovin
Woke up this morning to a VIN. #246....

Damn near anti-climatic after waiting for so long and vicariously living through all the others with VINs and delivery appointments and actual...wait for it...CARS!

Waiting to hear from Tesla on delivery dates. In Texas so have to get everything nailed down before I can take delivery.

Excited.
hey that’s my car…
Congrats!!

Reactions: TESRP
My edd updated to August 23 - September 11.

first edd update for me where only the first day moved back while the end date remains the same. Has anyone figured out what it means when the window date starts to narrow down?
Absolutely nothing unfortunately - at least in my case. Every time the window shrinks too much, the end date shoots out a week. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Curious about this too. I've had the feeling that a narrowing window is the path to a VIN, just based on memory of those who came before me.....
I was thinking the same but then I had my dates narrow by one day, on the front end, for a week or so. No VIN came and then my front end dates jumped back two days with the back date moving back as well. So I starting to think it doesn't mean anything at all.

Ok so just wanted to let you ( my tesla fam ) know, getting some comments about my grammar and spelling. My parents from Croatia, me born raised in Sweden, moved to US 2006. English is my second language, if I offend someone I apologize that's not my attention. Well now you know :) still the most informative/fun forums that am active in for sure. You guys are the best. Pray for the Vin's to come for you all today.
Love it. Welcome to the US and welcome to TMC - glad to have you. Croatia and Sweden are two countries I'd love to visit at some point. Definitely on the "bucket list" (bucket list = a list of ambitious things to do at some point in life, before I die...if I insulted you by explaining to you what a bucket list is, then my apologies)

Last edited:
Curious about this too. I've had the feeling that a narrowing window is the path to a VIN, just based on memory of those who came before me.....

Mine came back today with a one-day range: 9/29-9/30. Prior to this, it was narrowing by one day 20, 21, 22, 23 of September. Then it disappeared, then went to October, then disappeared again. Today it went to one day.

I ran out of space in my signature for my EDD.... Order info in sig.

Reactions: potter287 and TESRP
Yeah, I've given that some thought, and I will most likely get a set of Martian rims and an all-season tire to go on it.

That is if the MYP wins out. If the LR wins, I'll still get the Martian wheels but use the same tires.

Ive been doing this same research, and have a lot seem to get some Michelin All Seasons. Pricey… but they say the ride is better as well. Might do this with mine.

What’s your thoughts on these?

BC0894A0-FC46-4019-A2E1-5C345B679A13.jpeg

Reactions: TheRock23
Back to 8/29 - 9/18 from October.

Anyone else find that a drawback of waiting is that every time a Model Y drives by in a different color you think, wow I really like that maybe I should've gotten that color? Just this morning I saw a black with white interior and I weaved in and out of traffic to catch up to it (another problem with waiting for your car - the reckless attempt to catch a Y in traffic). Yesterday it was a blue.
Is it time for an order update by changing your color? Go ahead, call your SA why don't you?

Jk, DON'T DO IT!

EDD now 8/12 - 8/22, the end date was sticking the same until this morning.
(if my theory is correct, I should get a vin around the 13/14 range..)

Ordered on 7/8:
MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

Modified on 7/9:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28